Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 15, 2016, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Discussion continues HERE.

This card is under 5/24. You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24) pre-approval, or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

Landing page with bonus offer (100,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days) is now live:

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...L3P&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here:https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests.

Schumer box on 8/15/2016:
https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...g.do?card=FL3P

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The purchases made that you receive the $300 travel credit (or $85/$100 trusted traveler program credits) for do count towards the minimum spend, but the annual fee does not.

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air Saver to everyone after production (currently (8/26) appears to have about a 3-day delay after approval before shipping.)
Print Wikipost

New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2016, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by lobo411
I heard it was open for a few minutes and they ran out of plastic. Consequently, no more accounts will be opened.
That would make sense. I was able to apply for it last night, and the page disappeared soon after.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 8:44 am

Programs: Paying student debt and traveling when i can
Originally Posted by flyte
That would make sense. I was able to apply for it last night, and the page disappeared soon after.
lol.
would it make sense?
Old Aug 21, 2016, 8:45 am

Why is it useless? You and a guest would be able to get into a lounge for the small price of $27(?). Often these are lounges you wouldn't be able to get into otherwise. Many a time I've found myself in the situation when traveling that I would pay 3x that amount for the ability to relax in a lounge.

Originally Posted by KAFlyer
Agreed. Like many, I only use the Priority Pass membership when flying international, and I never fly international solo. I always travel with at least one person, so the absence of free guest access makes the membership virtually useless to me.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 8:47 am

A rush on people applying for $450/yr card? Unlikely

Originally Posted by odin99
lol.
would it make sense?
Old Aug 21, 2016, 8:50 am

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by flyte
Was there any thing new or different from what's been posted in Wiki?
Old Aug 21, 2016, 8:52 am
formerly known as s2kdriver80

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, Amex MR, Chase UR
Originally Posted by United747
A few isolated reports on Reddit of in-branch apps being live. Too bad I'm in SDF and none are open today.
Any success stories yet?
Old Aug 21, 2016, 8:55 am

Looks like there won't be any special CPC benefit, as the card has been added to the CPC landing page (and the Ink and Palladium have been removed) with no mention of anything different for CPC, whereas the CSP still shows the extra bonus there.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 8:58 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by PackingIt
Why is it useless?
Because I can get a different card for $200/yr ($450 AF - $250 airline credit) that gets me a Priority Pass with two guests or immediate family access for free. That's a savings of, at a minimum, $27 per visit over the CSR offering since I almost always have a guest with me when traveling.

Neil
Old Aug 21, 2016, 8:58 am

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
A rush on people applying for $450/yr card? Unlikely
True sounds like they were testing and either it went well or they have things to work on.
If they're spending big bucks on adds at the Rio closing tonight it's a perfect place to roll out there new card.

Last edited by jjmiller69; Aug 21, 2016 at 9:34 am
Old Aug 21, 2016, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by jjmiller69
Was there any thing new or different from what's been posted in Wiki?
The same. The card showed up on the main credit cards list on Chase's website, and when clicked, went to https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...pphire-reserve which showed the bonus on the right and application link on the left (page does not seem to load anymore). There were many links on the page, but I didn't click to read them to see if the benefits were any different from the rumors, as I was more excited to just apply. Sadly, I got a "pending" message.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by odin99
lol.
would it make sense?
Yes, and it gets worse. The lucky people who did get CSRs before they ran out of plastic are getting lower credit limits because Chase ran out of 0's.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 9:13 am

Card provides 100,000 in medical evacuation coverage and 2500 in emergency medical coverage. 50 deductible on the medical. Actually a useful addition for me. 2500 is not enough medical of course but I can layer it with a cheap travel policy and raise the deductible on it. Will be very interested to read the actual contractual provisions on these.

Not a big thing by itself, but will save me another 50-100 a year.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by steve4
This would make the net fee ($450 - $300 + $75) = $225 to extended the Priority Pass benefit to someone else. Looks like I'm going to keep the Prestige despite loss of Admiral's Club access because the net fee is $200 ($450 - $250). The CSP vs CSR debate is tough because I'm not sure I can make up the annual fee difference with the extra point for dining and travel. I will still apply for the CSR if I can get the 100K bonus and maybe downgrade after the first year.
Originally Posted by missamo80
Because I can get a different card for $200/yr ($450 AF - $250 airline credit) that gets me a Priority Pass with two guests or immediate family access for free. That's a savings of, at a minimum, $27 per visit over the CSR offering since I almost always have a guest with me when traveling.

Neil
Exact feeling here. Dont think the extra earnings would make up the high fee. The only attraction is the 100K sign up bonus on introduction.

Also the Priority Clubs often are very inferior from the doz we had used internationally the past couple years. We generally travel in business class internationally and that basically guarantee lounge access by class of service. On the occasions we travel in coach on Avios or whatever, in Europe and Asia, the Priority Clubs we went, definitely NOT worth the $27 pp.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by steve4
This would make the net fee ($450 - $300 + $75) = $225 to extended the Priority Pass benefit to someone else. Looks like I'm going to keep the Prestige despite loss of Admiral's Club access because the net fee is $200 ($450 - $250). The CSP vs CSR debate is tough because I'm not sure I can make up the annual fee difference with the extra point for dining and travel. I will still apply for the CSR if I can get the 100K bonus and maybe downgrade after the first year.
+1,
I have the branch Prestige with a $350 AF which nets to a $100 AF. Also have the Schwab Amex Platinum with a $200 relationship credit which nets to a $50 AF.
No need to keep the Reserve after getting the bonus as I keep the CSP for primary usa car rental and ability to transfer the Freedom bonus points.
Prestige is apparently the winner for lounge access if you mostly travel with someone else.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 9:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Why is it useless? You and a guest would be able to get into a lounge for the small price of $27(?). Often these are lounges you wouldn't be able to get into otherwise. Many a time I've found myself in the situation when traveling that I would pay 3x that amount for the ability to relax in a lounge.
Useless for multiple reasons:
* because both Citi Prestige (which also offers 3x TY points for airline and hotel and 2x on dining) and City Crystal have Priority Pass that allows 2 guests

* Crystal's net cost if negative if you add an authorized user as they reimburse $250 per user and has an annual fee of $400

* Prestige has better travel insurance than Visa Infinite and Crystal offers the same travel insurance as CSR as they both are Visa Infinite

* Prestige offers fourth night free and 3x TY points for airline and hotel and 2x on dining

* Crystal offers $100 Visa Infinite discount for 2 to 5 domestic tickets that CSR does not

* Crystal offers 12 GoGo per user, including AU

* Prestige offers Citi Rewind and better purchase protection than Visa Infinite

So, if you have a Prestige and/or Infinite, one gets CSR for 100K bonus, one keeps it if they are spending a ton on dining to justify the $150 net fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.