Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]

New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 12, 16, 9:32 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: mia
Wiki Link
Discussion continues HERE.

This card is under 5/24. You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24) pre-approval, or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

Landing page with bonus offer (100,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days) is now live:

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...L3P&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here:https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests.

Schumer box on 8/15/2016:
https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...g.do?card=FL3P

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The purchases made that you receive the $300 travel credit (or $85/$100 trusted traveler program credits) for do count towards the minimum spend, but the annual fee does not.

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air Saver to everyone after production (currently (8/26) appears to have about a 3-day delay after approval before shipping.)
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 17, 16, 3:53 am

Anyone know if Military members will have to pay the annual fee with this card? Mine is waived with my CSP...
Old Aug 17, 16, 6:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
May be a naive question but Is Global Entry a yearly benefit?
Old Aug 17, 16, 6:32 am

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
I was able to find confirmation. I new I had read it but I didn't want to put it out there with out confirmation.

Chase Sapphire Reserve Global Entry or TSA Pre Reimbursement

Once every 4 years, you will be able to be reimbursed for your payment for Global Entry ($100) or TSA Pre ($85). The terms say that you get one credit per account which I believe excludes getting the same for your authorized users.

Last edited by jjmiller69; Aug 17, 16 at 7:34 am
Old Aug 17, 16, 6:40 am

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by yatindalvi View Post
May be a naive question but Is Global Entry a yearly benefit?
Why would it matter since you do not have to renew it each year. Color me confused.
Old Aug 17, 16, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by jjmiller69 View Post
No you get it once every 4 years.

That's better than the competition: Amex is every five IIRC. I'm not sure about citi.
M

Valuable since you can apply for GE renewal before expiration
Old Aug 17, 16, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by NoStressHere View Post
Why would it matter since you do not have to renew it each year. Color me confused.
You could otherwise stack your family's renewals. One spouse renews/applies in Dec and the other in Jan. You can then coordinate the two appointment via the GOES website bookings
Old Aug 17, 16, 6:53 am

Programs: AS 75K, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by NYCRuss View Post
What about the points' value? UR points are simply more valuable than City National points.
Yes, but you get much better travel insurance (except US Car rental) than CSR. If I did not care about travel insurance, I would use PGR -- will probably end up more MR points on PGR than CSR. So, CSR is good but not offering anything unique for me to keep it.
Old Aug 17, 16, 8:04 am

My take on it is this: I simply don't know if it's a good 'fit' for me. But a 100k bonus makes it very easy for me to get this card and spend 12 months making that determination.

Originally Posted by DaveInLA View Post
I'm still thinking about whether this card will be worth it after the first year. I count the $300 travel credit as good as cash, making this a $150 card. Are the benefits worth $55 more than the CSP? To be, a PP isn't worth that much as I've only been to their lounges once in the past 2-3 years I've had a card with lounge privileges. The loss of the $100 round trip credit hurts. Is 3x travel and dining worth that much more than 2x? My wife and I put about $15-20k/yr in those categories, which would be an additional 15-20k UR, but I might just keep the Citi Premier and use 3x there instead. The other major benefit is 1.5c per UR when booking with Chase. Still thinking how about we'll figure into my travel plans as well.
Old Aug 17, 16, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Gold
It sucks that the $100 flight discount isn't going to be on this card, but honestly, I probably would not have been able to take much advantage of it anyway. The $300 (supposedly) applying to anything coded as travel is of far more use to me, plus the 100K points are nice too.

On another note, the lack of the $100 flight discount is making me wonder if Visa's going to dilute Infinite like they did with Signature.
Old Aug 17, 16, 8:37 am
Mandarin Oriental Contributor BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ Silver, IHG Plat Amb, MR Gold, SL Jade
Originally Posted by tmiw View Post
It sucks that the $100 flight discount isn't going to be on this card, but honestly, I probably would not have been able to take much advantage of it anyway. The $300 (supposedly) applying to anything coded as travel is of far more use to me, plus the 100K points are nice too.

On another note, the lack of the $100 flight discount is making me wonder if Visa's going to dilute Infinite like they did with Signature.
I bet chase gets to pick some of the benefits and didn't want to pay for this one.
Old Aug 17, 16, 9:15 am

Programs: United MileagePlus, AAdvantage, Southwest Airlines
I'm really really wishing/wanting for Chase (or Citibank) to come out with very premium card -- Annual Fee in the $750-$1,000 range, have mind blowing benefits and made out of metal. I would be all over that and it would be the only card I'd need to carry/use.

I could give up my United Club and AA Exec Card (which cost me $845/year already) and put all spend on one card.

Have Chase or Citibank ever studied such a card?
Old Aug 17, 16, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by jediwho View Post
Yes, but you get much better travel insurance (except US Car rental) than CSR. If I did not care about travel insurance, I would use PGR -- will probably end up more MR points on PGR than CSR. So, CSR is good but not offering anything unique for me to keep it.
That's an excellent point. Many were hoping that the trip delay reimbursement would be improved from the requisite twelve hours to three.
Old Aug 17, 16, 9:39 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, PC Ambassador Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Marriot/SPG Gold, TK Gold
Originally Posted by NYCRuss View Post
That's an excellent point. Many were hoping that the trip delay reimbursement would be improved from the requisite twelve hours to three.
The improved Ritz benefits are now 6 hours - so I would not expect anything better here.
Old Aug 17, 16, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by cslovacek View Post
I'm really really wishing/wanting for Chase (or Citibank) to come out with very premium card -- Annual Fee in the $750-$1,000 range, have mind blowing benefits and made out of metal. I would be all over that and it would be the only card I'd need to carry/use.

I could give up my United Club and AA Exec Card (which cost me $845/year already) and put all spend on one card.

Have Chase or Citibank ever studied such a card?
I read some theories that the JPM Palladium, which I believe is being replaced at this time with the CSR, could potentially be brought back for their high-end clients.
Old Aug 17, 16, 10:21 am

Programs: United MileagePlus, AAdvantage, Southwest Airlines
Originally Posted by bradpetrik View Post
I read some theories that the JPM Palladium, which I believe is being replaced at this time with the CSR, could potentially be brought back for their high-end clients.

That would be great, but 1. it has to have much better benefits and 2. I don't want there to be in prerequisite that I bank or have "X" Amount of funds with Chase. I'm happy relying on our healthy income, great credit score and annual fee of the card.

Search this Thread