Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]

New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 12, 16, 9:32 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: mia
Wiki Link
Discussion continues HERE.

This card is under 5/24. You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24) pre-approval, or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

Landing page with bonus offer (100,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days) is now live:

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...L3P&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here:https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests.

Schumer box on 8/15/2016:
https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...g.do?card=FL3P

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The purchases made that you receive the $300 travel credit (or $85/$100 trusted traveler program credits) for do count towards the minimum spend, but the annual fee does not.

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air Saver to everyone after production (currently (8/26) appears to have about a 3-day delay after approval before shipping.)
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 16, 16, 8:15 pm

My CNB card doesn't factor into any long-term plan, based on how many benefits have changed in the first year alone. As long as I can recoup the fee via United GR contributions, I'll keep it, but that could change at any point.

I'm excited for the CSR because it earns even better than the Prestige, which helps justify my decision to get out of Citi altogether.
Old Aug 16, 16, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wiivile View Post
I presume you meant "no" rather than "know".

Anyway, the $100 reimbursement came with tons of restrictions, including a minimum of 2 people but no more than 5 people on the ticket, no open jaws, no stopovers, no flights on Southwest or Frontier, blan, blah, blah. See this thread for details:
So it may not have been quite as useful as people assumed just from hearing it called a $100 round-trip reimbursement.
Old Aug 16, 16, 8:54 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, MileagePlus Silver, Executive National
Any idea if you can upgrade a CSP to CSR and get the 100k bonus offer as well?
Old Aug 16, 16, 8:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by homanga View Post
Any idea if you can upgrade a CSP to CSR and get the 100k bonus offer as well?
Can't
Old Aug 16, 16, 9:14 pm

Any updates on the Priority Pass guest access ?
Old Aug 16, 16, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by vah4883 View Post
For AA, you can pay with any card and still get free bags as long as you attach your AAdvantage number to your reservation.
Good to know. Thanks!
Old Aug 16, 16, 9:21 pm

I'm still thinking about whether this card will be worth it after the first year. I count the $300 travel credit as good as cash, making this a $150 card. Are the benefits worth $55 more than the CSP? To be, a PP isn't worth that much as I've only been to their lounges once in the past 2-3 years I've had a card with lounge privileges. The loss of the $100 round trip credit hurts. Is 3x travel and dining worth that much more than 2x? My wife and I put about $15-20k/yr in those categories, which would be an additional 15-20k UR, but I might just keep the Citi Premier and use 3x there instead. The other major benefit is 1.5c per UR when booking with Chase. Still thinking how about we'll figure into my travel plans as well.
Old Aug 16, 16, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA View Post
I'm still thinking about whether this card will be worth it after the first year. I count the $300 travel credit as good as cash, making this a $150 card. Are the benefits worth $55 more than the CSP? To be, a PP isn't worth that much as I've only been to their lounges once in the past 2-3 years I've had a card with lounge privileges. The loss of the $100 round trip credit hurts. Is 3x travel and dining worth that much more than 2x? My wife and I put about $15-20k/yr in those categories, which would be an additional 15-20k UR, but I might just keep the Citi Premier and use 3x there instead. The other major benefit is 1.5c per UR when booking with Chase. Still thinking how about we'll figure into my travel plans as well.
well, which program works for you? UR vs TYP (redemption partners etc)

trip delay/interruption/cancellation might be better (eg trip delay, CSP is 12hour or overnight. CSR could be better)

but since we don't have the full details, need to wait for Chase to actually release the details
Old Aug 16, 16, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by jediwho View Post
Wow, no $100 discount and no GoGo. The City Crystal is looking even more better -- aside from the 100K signup bonus. My combo: Prestige, Crystal and Amex Platinum for spending and benefits and if I get approved, then get CSR and keep it until next year.
Source on GoGo? Possible I missed something...Would be a nice benefit to leave in
Old Aug 16, 16, 11:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by pspaster View Post
Source on GoGo? Possible I missed something...Would be a nice benefit to leave in
City Crystal has gogo. But you need a minimum income for city national.
Old Aug 17, 16, 12:04 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by hiima View Post
Isn't it impossible to get the City National Card unless you live in certain states?
Old Aug 17, 16, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by hiima View Post
What is the minimum income needed? Is City Crystal still offering 100k points for applying in person?
Old Aug 17, 16, 12:15 am

Thread dedicated to CNB Crystal card.

To answer your question: no bonus (excepting the 50k for RBC wealth mgmt clients). No set minimum income, but consensus is around 75K. If you could transfer the points, it would seriously be the only card I ever used. Benefits are awesome, etc. But absent that, something like the CSR with benefits almost as good and strong earning in one of the top rewards programs is a big deal.
Old Aug 17, 16, 12:25 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
Originally Posted by jordan_h View Post
Thread dedicated to CNB Crystal card.

To answer your question: no bonus (excepting the 50k for RBC wealth mgmt clients). No set minimum income, but consensus is around 75K. If you could transfer the points, it would seriously be the only card I ever used. Benefits are awesome, etc. But absent that, something like the CSR with benefits almost as good and strong earning in one of the top rewards programs is a big deal.
Looks like the CNB card comes with Lounge Club, while the CSR will come with Priority Pass. While I haven't been too impressed with Priority Pass (except in China, where it got me into the CA F lounge while my J ticket and *G status only allowed me into the CA J lounge), PP *is* a larger network than LC. It appears to be a superset of the LC lounges.
Old Aug 17, 16, 12:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, CC Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Choice Plat
Originally Posted by DaveInLA View Post
Apart from signup bonus I really don't find CSR is attractive long term. $100 roundtrip benefit would have made it attractive but unfortunately its not included. It seems more pumped by bloggers than required

There are other opportunities which come from time to time where you can earn upto 5x points on dining through rotating quarterly categories from card like freedom, discover etc. which are no annual fees cards so to me 3X dining is not a deal breaker. 1.5c per UR booking with chase may be good but I mostly value UR more than that as it is better transferred elsewhere and used so although good I doubt I will ever use it.

Citi prestige was quite innovative when it was first introduced..I have it right from beginning when they included true international companion ticket which was even possible with add-on users and flight points which effectively doubled all the earn rates...I still have 50K+ flight points on my prestige which is giving me almost 6x Typ on travel. The benefit of 4th night is still valuable in many cases. Also lets not forget there are way better retention offers to earn additional 4X points which I doubt we will see with CSR knowing chase.

I am not advocating Prestige but the point is I don't see any differentiating benefit with CSR to keep it long term..just my two cents

Search this Thread
Search Engine: