Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 15, 2016, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Discussion continues HERE.

This card is under 5/24. You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24) pre-approval, or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

Landing page with bonus offer (100,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days) is now live:

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...L3P&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here:https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests.

Schumer box on 8/15/2016:
https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...g.do?card=FL3P

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The purchases made that you receive the $300 travel credit (or $85/$100 trusted traveler program credits) for do count towards the minimum spend, but the annual fee does not.

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air Saver to everyone after production (currently (8/26) appears to have about a 3-day delay after approval before shipping.)
Print Wikipost

New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2016, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by United747
Free drink is one of the welcome gifts SPG gold members can choose from.
Right. But in international properties, the drink vouchers often never come close to $15 worth. Besides, some dont even offer it unless you request it.

See my updated post on our experiences in Europe this May.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by Happy
Right. But in international properties, the drink vouchers often never come close to $15 worth. Besides, some dont even offer it unless you request it.

See my updated post on our experiences in Europe this May.
St. Regis Rome offered it to me and drinks were 25-30 euros per so mine was well worth it.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 11:50 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
SPG Gold hardly worth anything.
But HHonors Gold is huge. Free breakfasts every morning.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by smurov
But on the flip-side, I'm ok with less people having and taking advantage of cards like the CSR, Prestige, etc...hopefully that keeps the benefits around longer for us who do have them, as the cards are for the most part not sustainable long-term for the banks - at least not without reducing/cutting benefits.
Totally agree. I'd rather people actually keep the card instead of banking the points and cancelling to get a refund of their annual fee, despite the fact that keeping the card long term makes financial sense if you play your cards right.

Hardcore churners remove the incentive for credit card companies to give general initial bonuses or make it harder for people to get those bonuses (see the Amex Plat 100k offer as an example).
Old Aug 16, 2016, 11:54 am

I've searched through several pages but have so far not seen it asked, would any gift cards purchased from airline's websites qualify for the $300 credit? Thank you.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by STS-134
But HHonors Gold is huge. Free breakfasts every morning.
Many also have the HH cards that give Gold. On top of that HH Gold is super easy to get via Fast Track, or the recent match campaigns you get the DIA.

Also worth to note HH Gold brekkie benefit is much nicer in international properties than inside US.

In reality, one's own travel pattern / needs, would determine which card(s) work best for one's own situation.

Originally Posted by phant0m
St. Regis Rome offered it to me and drinks were 25-30 euros per so mine was well worth it.
Only if you would pay for the bar tab if you dont have the vouchers. Same analogy goes to the premium cabins on flights.

Originally Posted by tbotello
I've searched through several pages but have so far not seen it asked, would any gift cards purchased from airline's websites qualify for the $300 credit? Thank you.
Nobody would know until someone tests it.

Last edited by mia; Aug 16, 2016 at 12:01 pm Reason: Combine consecutive replies.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 11:57 am

As long as you are making a purchase directly from the airline, it should count. It's based on the merchant code, but the card hasn't been issued so no one really knows for sure.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by Statman
As long as you are making a purchase directly from the airline, it should count. It's based on the merchant code, but the card hasn't been issued so no one really knows for sure.
Yeah, the leaked terms say any purchase coded as Travel, so it should work, assuming the airline doesn't use a third party merchant for gift cards.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 12:06 pm

Anyone know just how sensitive the 5/24 rule is? Meaning, if I'm at 5/24 on 8-17-16, and drop to 4/24 on 8-18-16, am I suddenly, that day, in the clear to apply? Or would I have to wait until 9-16? Can't find anything on the granularity of the rule and getting out from under it.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 12:18 pm

Your credit report only lists the months, not the days. So, in that case you would have to wait until September.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 12:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Many also have the HH cards that give Gold. On top of that HH Gold is super easy to get via Fast Track, or the recent match campaigns you get the DIA.

Also worth to note HH Gold brekkie benefit is much nicer in international properties than inside US.

In reality, one's own travel pattern / needs, would determine which card(s) work best for one's own situation.

Only if you would pay for the bar tab if you dont have the vouchers. Same analogy goes to the premium cabins on flights.

Did I somehow end up in the Hotel forum instead of a discussion on the Chase Sapphire Reserve? Just kidding but maybe we can get back on topic!
Old Aug 16, 2016, 12:45 pm

called recon 2x yesterday, 1x today.

1. Told to call back tomorrow, still processing.
2. Told need to wait for mail response, up to 30 days.
3. Today, was put on hold, transferred to another department, then told by that department that since this is a brand new card, a different team is handling it. Then said i need to wait 7-14 days.

I'm at 10/24.
income: 120k
chase credit: about 40k
score: 800+

any chase employees in here? will pay $ for approval.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 12:48 pm

Programs: BA
So know $100 air reimbursement? http://thepointsguy.com/2016/08/chas...-reserve-card/
Old Aug 16, 2016, 12:50 pm

saw that, oh well
Old Aug 16, 2016, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
It looks like a nice card...

(better than the Club card for UA purchases now!) , the 3x travel/dining is pretty good, for $150.

I don't understand what the rush is all about. Its not like its suddenly offering access to the LH FCT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.