Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]

Old Aug 15, 2016, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Discussion continues HERE.

This card is under 5/24. You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24) pre-approval, or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

Landing page with bonus offer (100,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days) is now live:

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...L3P&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here:https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests.

Schumer box on 8/15/2016:
https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...g.do?card=FL3P

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The purchases made that you receive the $300 travel credit (or $85/$100 trusted traveler program credits) for do count towards the minimum spend, but the annual fee does not.

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air Saver to everyone after production (currently (8/26) appears to have about a 3-day delay after approval before shipping.)
Print Wikipost

New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]

Old Aug 15, 2016, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by Rd3
someone in the Reddit thread is reporting that they received a call from Chase Lending Services that their CSR approved application has been submitted and approved automatically in error and new account was canceled.

I'm concerned because I received a call from a 866#, didn't pick up, but now I'm putting 2 + 2 together--just a FYI.
The person also reported the card disappearing from their Chase online account - is your card still showing up?
Old Aug 15, 2016, 7:32 pm

The application will go live when Chase decides to launch the product. I know we haven't seen a public 100K offer for a long, long time but get a grip people!
Old Aug 15, 2016, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by bodiddely
The person also reported the card disappearing from their Chase online account - is your card still showing up?
Err well his credit limit went to 0. I think it still showed up.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by hiima
Err well his credit limit went to 0. I think it still showed up.
Whoops, you're right. Anyways - still a way to check if your card is getting closed in the same manner as his.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 7:39 pm
Rd3

Programs: HH Dia, Marriott Titanium, AA Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by bodiddely
My card is still showing up, with a credit limit of 10K...so we'll see....
Old Aug 15, 2016, 7:43 pm

Programs: AOPA
I got approved with way over 5/24. For the sake of rest of my family and friends, I hope they don't add 5/24 to this card.

Card still on chase.com
Old Aug 15, 2016, 8:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Are chase PC customers going to get any additional bonus? i.e. CSP +10k UR
Old Aug 15, 2016, 8:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Anyone think Chase would extend me more credit? I already have the Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, and Presidential Plus through them...
Old Aug 15, 2016, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Anyone think Chase would extend me more credit? I already have the Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, and Presidential Plus through them...
Worse case you can move credit around. I've been moving my PP credit to any new chase card I get since the PP card is practically useless to me now.

Sadly you can't move credit between your business and personal cards anymore.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 8:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
Worse case you can move credit around. I've been moving my PP credit to any new chase card I get since the PP card is practically useless to me now.

I just wonder if there's a limit. I'm well north of $100k credit across the 3 cards. I still use the PP extensively to get FPQM (although this year I will actually make 1K outright), and as a UA flyer, the club benefits on the Presidential Plus are much more meaningful than the Priority Pass lounges.

That said, the travel credit and the 3x multiplier on food and travel (the main chunk of my spending) may make it worth doubling up on premium cards for me. The Priority Pass is just a bonus benefit, and getting 100k bonus miles (which is a cinch for me - I can pay my rent by CC) is icing on the cake.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by TennisNoob

While you can't move credit between business and personal cards anymore, I wonder if preemptively lowering a business credit card's limit would help. My Business Explorer card had a limit way higher than I needed, so I cut $10k off it in the hopes that it will help.

I got my personal Explorer on 6/20, and they didn't want to extend me more credit. I moved stuff around then. This time, in addition to reducing my business Explorer limit, I reduced a few of my personal card limits. Hopefully I get a nice automatic approval on Sunday.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 9:32 pm

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
My hope is that Chase will encourage early sign ups and forego 5/24, especially since the kind of people who sign up for it right away will be the type to recommend it to their friends. The perks on the card will keep users from canceling after AF, and by the 2nd year rolls around, they will either begin to nerf the card or start enforcing 5/24 so as to keep users from churning bonuses .

(I'm kind of delusional though)
Old Aug 15, 2016, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by penner42
While you can't move credit between business and personal cards anymore, I wonder if preemptively lowering a business credit card's limit would help. My Business Explorer card had a limit way higher than I needed, so I cut $10k off it in the hopes that it will help.

I got my personal Explorer on 6/20, and they didn't want to extend me more credit. I moved stuff around then. This time, in addition to reducing my business Explorer limit, I reduced a few of my personal card limits. Hopefully I get a nice automatic approval on Sunday.
It will help no doubt. I lowered my ink by 80% but got an lesser return on the personal side. Chase said because the Ink offers an "Flexible spending credit" so they were able to go much higher.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 2:37 am

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
For those of you that applied, is anybody planning to keep the card after year 1?

Maybe I'm totally missing something, but this card doesn't seem that great to hold, at least compared to other similar cards (e.g. The Citi card gives you PP w/ two guests, and Amex has their own lounges. )

Now the signup bonus is amazing, esp given that you get $700+ in cash benefits in year one ( travel credit, GE, etc.), but after that I'm not sure.

So is everybody just signing up for the bonus, or is anybody planning to keep this?
Old Aug 16, 2016, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by dordal
For those of you that applied, is anybody planning to keep the card after year 1?

Maybe I'm totally missing something, but this card doesn't seem that great to hold, at least compared to other similar cards (e.g. The Citi card gives you PP w/ two guests, and Amex has their own lounges. )

Now the signup bonus is amazing, esp given that you get $700+ in cash benefits in year one ( travel credit, GE, etc.), but after that I'm not sure.

So is everybody just signing up for the bonus, or is anybody planning to keep this?
I probably will. The way I see it, since the $300 credit is per calendar year and applies to anything coded as travel, two domestic round-trip tickets will basically pay for the AF on their own and then some. This doesn't even count stuff like the GE credit and the $100 Visa Infinite airfare discount.

Of course, there's no guarantee that Chase won't nerf that benefit (or others) after a year or two.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.