Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]

Old Aug 15, 2016, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Discussion continues HERE.

This card is under 5/24. You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24) pre-approval, or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

Landing page with bonus offer (100,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days) is now live:

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...L3P&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here:https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests.

Schumer box on 8/15/2016:
https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...g.do?card=FL3P

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The purchases made that you receive the $300 travel credit (or $85/$100 trusted traveler program credits) for do count towards the minimum spend, but the annual fee does not.

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air Saver to everyone after production (currently (8/26) appears to have about a 3-day delay after approval before shipping.)
Print Wikipost

New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]

Old Aug 13, 2016, 8:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
What's with all the Costco babble?? Let's get back ASAP on topic.
No.. Ya we should
Old Aug 13, 2016, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA, UA
I am at 4/24. In the last 10 days I got targeted for Delta Amex (50k after 1k spend) and MPE (50k after 2k spend). I am now waiting for this reserve card to come out.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 9:27 pm

That's what I was trying to do

I also got the same targeted offer for the MPE today. Anyone know if Chase targeted offers bypass 5/24 ? I may have to pass on this one if I still qualify for the Reserve with the 100K bonus.

Last edited by steve4; Aug 13, 2016 at 9:31 pm Reason: Additional thoughts
Old Aug 13, 2016, 9:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by steve4

I also got the same targeted offer for the MPE today. Anyone know if Chase targeted offers bypass 5/24 ? I may have to pass on this one if I still qualify for the Reserve with the 100K bonus.
Spouse was pre approved for Freedom but got denied at first go. After recon he was approved. Was at 4/24. I'd imagine targeted have same or worse than pre approved.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 9:43 pm

Programs: United Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by steve4

Targeted offers do not bypass 5/24.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Alright boss! Back on topic. CSR will be the best thing since sliced bread, especially with 100k UR bonus. I likely will have no chance at it since I'm far past 5/24 though
Old Aug 13, 2016, 10:40 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
I wonder if Chase will have any Refer-A-Friend offers out for this shortly after launch. I am kinda doubting it, but still hoping.

If so, how much would that bonus be? 15k?
Old Aug 14, 2016, 9:51 am

Unpublished united club benefit

As this card is rumored to replace the palladium, are there any rumors that united club membership is an unpublished benefit of the reserved as it was for the palladium?
Old Aug 14, 2016, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Aero137
I wonder if Chase will have any Refer-A-Friend offers out for this shortly after launch. I am kinda doubting it, but still hoping.

If so, how much would that bonus be? 15k?
That would seem a bit high. For comparison, the referral bonus on the Amex Platinum is 7,500 MR vs. the 5k that are offered on other cards.

If I had to bet, I'd say 10k which would match the offer on the Ink and is I think the highest referral offer.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 12:33 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
Moderator action

What's with all the Costco babble??
A dozen posts discussing the Citi's Costco relationship and how it influences other card marketing decisions has been moved:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...cc-costco.html
Old Aug 14, 2016, 12:38 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
Welcome to Flyertalk.

Originally Posted by amrozack
As this card is rumored to replace the palladium, are there any rumors that united club membership is an unpublished benefit of the reserved as it was for the palladium?
See this thread for the counter-rumors that Palladium will continue:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...dium-card.html

The cost of a United Club membership is built into Palladium's $595 annual fee. It's not built into this card's fee - it has been replaced by the $300 credit which you could use to offset part of the cost of a membership with the airline of your choice.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 1:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Any data or conjecture on whether a PP membership will include family and/or guest? That's a deal breaker for me. Love Citi Prestige for this benefit.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 1:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by amrozack

I would be ecstatic if it included United Club Membership and it would make this card worth keeping. Currently, I use the United Club card because I enjoy the lounge membership.

If it doesn't have lounge membership, I'm afraid this is going to be a card I use just for the sign up bonus, followed by quickly closing it several months later.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Spouse was pre approved for Freedom but got denied at first go. After recon he was approved. Was at 4/24. I'd imagine targeted have same or worse than pre approved.

What was the issue that you think prevented an automatic approval? Too much credit with chase already?
Old Aug 14, 2016, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA Plat Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond
Go to a branch.

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Any thoughts whether it will be better to

apply online or in branch? I stopped into my local Chase and they said absolutely no difference. Not sure I buy that.

We have no Chase relationships except a slew of CCs.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.