Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]

New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 12, 16, 9:32 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: mia
Wiki Link
Discussion continues HERE.

This card is under 5/24. You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24) pre-approval, or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

Landing page with bonus offer (100,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days) is now live:

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...L3P&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here:https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests.

Schumer box on 8/15/2016:
https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...g.do?card=FL3P

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The purchases made that you receive the $300 travel credit (or $85/$100 trusted traveler program credits) for do count towards the minimum spend, but the annual fee does not.

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air Saver to everyone after production (currently (8/26) appears to have about a 3-day delay after approval before shipping.)
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 10, 16, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by slivrflyr View Post
Has anyone here grabbed a chase card very recently? Does chase care? I snagged a MPE 70 last month putting me at 4/24. 30d later shd be ok? I can wait but don't want to miss the 100k esp since I've got travel coming up that i would rather not have to put on citi cards
what is "MPE"?
Old Aug 10, 16, 7:17 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
Originally Posted by edealinfo12345 View Post
what is "MPE"?
Mileage Plus Explorer card.
Old Aug 10, 16, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by s2kdriver80 View Post
Thanks. So if one were to PC to a Sapphire Reserve, then once the 5/24 is no longer in effect, they can close that account and immediately open a new one (assuming the bonus offer is still in play) and not wait 24 months since a bonus was never received before.
Oh, ye of great faith! I wouldn't assume that Chase will necessarily abolish 5/24 before they discontinue this Sapphire Reserve or even the whole Ultimate Rewards program or (Citi TYP style*) stop offering any signup offer.

Or, perhaps more likely, they could replace it with the Amex "once in a lifetime" approach, where if you had the card once before (with or without a bonus), you can never qualify for getting the bonus after that (even though you could get another card itself).

* In case you're not aware, Citi has stopped publicly offering signup bonuses on its rough equivalent of the CSP card (the TYP Premier card), as well as its very rough equivalent of the Freedom Unlimited card (the TYP Preferred card), and even not-so-public signup bonus offers for those cards are getting rarer and rarer.
Old Aug 10, 16, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
Oh, ye of great faith! I wouldn't assume that Chase will necessarily abolish 5/24 before they discontinue this Sapphire Reserve or even the whole Ultimate Rewards program or (Citi TYP style*) stop offering any signup offer.
Pretty sure they mean when they individually time out of 5/24, not suggesting Chase will remove the restriction.
Old Aug 10, 16, 9:59 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, Amex MR, Chase UR
Originally Posted by aradisc View Post
Pretty sure they mean when they individually time out of 5/24, not suggesting Chase will remove the restriction.
This.

Yea according to that Chase wording, I'm guessing what I wrote should work, since initially PC'ing won't qualify you for a bonus.
Old Aug 12, 16, 3:10 pm
was cslovacek

I can't wait to jump kn this opportunity when it's released on Aug 21st. Hope they will rush send it to me so I can take it on my trip to Europe/Middle East at the end of the month.
Old Aug 12, 16, 5:13 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by cslovacek View Post
...Aug 21st.....
I wonder if this date is correct. Seem peculiar to launch a new product on Sunday. Weekends are typically for IT maintenance.
Old Aug 12, 16, 5:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, AA Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Virgin America Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by mia View Post
I wonder if this date is correct. Seem peculiar to launch a new product on Sunday. Weekends are typically for IT maintenance.
Exactly. If the card comes out you most likely see anything until that Monday
Old Aug 12, 16, 6:01 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Aluminum, Hilton Aluminum
Originally Posted by mia View Post
Olympic closing ceremony ad?
Old Aug 12, 16, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA, VX, QF, EY, VA
Originally Posted by highops View Post
Olympic closing ceremony ad?
Soft launch on Sunday is perfectly reasonable.
Old Aug 13, 16, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Any thoughts whether it will be better to apply online or in branch? I stopped into my local Chase and they said absolutely no difference. Not sure I buy that.

We have no Chase relationships except a slew of CCs.
Old Aug 13, 16, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by toomanybooks View Post
Any thoughts whether it will be better to apply online or in branch? I stopped into my local Chase and they said absolutely no difference. Not sure I buy that.

We have no Chase relationships except a slew of CCs.
I think the main difference would be the possibility to bypass 5/24 if an application was submitted in the branch. I heard the bankers have some influence in the process, but I'm not sure. Maybe they input your info, find pre-approval offers, and take it from there. Anyone applied for Freedom Unlimited in branch and was approved despite being over 5/24 ?
Old Aug 13, 16, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
Originally Posted by steve4 View Post
I think the main difference would be the possibility to bypass 5/24 if an application was submitted in the branch. I heard the bankers have some influence in the process, but I'm not sure. Maybe they input your info, find pre-approval offers, and take it from there. Anyone applied for Freedom Unlimited in branch and was approved despite being over 5/24 ?
I heard yes
Old Aug 13, 16, 5:55 pm

I think this card even without United Club access would be tough to beat, especially when paired with the Ink, Freedom, and Freedom Unlimited. 3X on travel and dining helps, but the 1.5 multiplier on the UR site would make the Freedom Unlimited a better than a 2% cashback card. The Freedom and Ink point values (5X categories) would get amplified nicely as well.
Old Aug 13, 16, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What's with all the Costco babble?? Let's get back ASAP on topic.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: