Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 15, 2016, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Discussion continues HERE.

This card is under 5/24. You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24) pre-approval, or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

Landing page with bonus offer (100,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days) is now live:

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...L3P&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here:https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests.

Schumer box on 8/15/2016:
https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...g.do?card=FL3P

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The purchases made that you receive the $300 travel credit (or $85/$100 trusted traveler program credits) for do count towards the minimum spend, but the annual fee does not.

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air Saver to everyone after production (currently (8/26) appears to have about a 3-day delay after approval before shipping.)
Print Wikipost

New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2016, 10:24 am

Any recent rumors on whether or not this card will offer primary rental car insurance?
Old Aug 10, 2016, 10:39 am

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Originally Posted by zs58
Any recent rumors on whether or not this card will offer primary rental car insurance?
Since CSP does it would be a shocking omission.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 10:48 am

If the Priority Pass benefit for this card allows guests I will upgrade my CSP and cancel the Prestige card next year after the Admirals Club access is eliminated. I'm at 10/24 right now so a new application is out of the picture unless a 5/24 exemption is made.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 11:17 am

There is very few discussion on 5/24 on this card...I would have thought that every post on this topic would be how to circumvent 5/24.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by jwgmaldives
There is very few discussion on 5/24 on this card...I would have thought that every post on this topic would be how to circumvent 5/24.
Yes, let's talk about how to bypass 5/24. I'm currently at 10/24...In order to get to 4/24 I need to wait 13 months...

Maybe it's time for me to become a CPC.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 12:08 pm

Has anyone here grabbed a chase card very recently? Does chase care? I snagged a MPE 70 last month putting me at 4/24. 30d later shd be ok? I can wait but don't want to miss the 100k esp since I've got travel coming up that i would rather not have to put on citi cards
Old Aug 10, 2016, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by Dieuwer
I actually prefer credit cards not to be made from metal (and therefore be heavy). The Sapphire Preferred I have tends to slide out of its pocket when my wallet happens to be upside down. I always have to be careful opening it.
Originally Posted by dko3tgk
I don't care if it's metal or plastic. But I can't stand the numbers on the back with the strip.
Chase will send you a 'standard' plastic one for free if you call them. It seems to be a flag on the account; my number got compromised (thanks Target) and then my card expired, and both those replacements were automatically plastic.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by der_saeufer
Chase will send you a 'standard' plastic one for free if you call them. It seems to be a flag on the account; my number got compromised (thanks Target) and then my card expired, and both those replacements were automatically plastic.

Is the plastic card the same as freedom, with raised letters or are the letters flush to the plastic?
Old Aug 10, 2016, 1:18 pm

5/24

Do we really know anything on this, or is it all speculation?
Old Aug 10, 2016, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AugustWest
5/24

Do we really know anything on this, or is it all speculation?
5/24 in general has never been documented publicly by Chase. We know about it only through group analysis of crowd-sourced datapoints plus some "leaks" from (unidentified) Chase sources to blogger Doctor of Credit.

And we know even lass about this card. So I'd say it's 200% speculation about 5/24 in relationship to this card. The only thing we "know" is (1) the very first wave of 5/24 (circa May 2015) included all personal UR cards, and (2) this will be a personal UR card. But coming to conclusions from those two facts is already a form of speculation. Especially since it's not clear (even in retrospect) whether there were consistent exceptions to 5/24 in the very first days of Freedom Unlimited availability (only in banks) or not. (And that would the other precedent to point to. Except I don't think we don't know if this new card will be available in banks only before it's available online, the way Freedom Unlimited was.)

Last edited by sdsearch; Aug 10, 2016 at 1:54 pm
Old Aug 10, 2016, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by slivrflyr
Is the plastic card the same as freedom, with raised letters or are the letters flush to the plastic?
My Plastic Sapphire Preferred has raised numbers on the front.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by slivrflyr
Originally Posted by bigbuy
My Plastic Sapphire Preferred has raised numbers on the front.
Mine too. It looks a lot like every other 'normal' credit card out there with the large raised numbers, smaller name and expiration date on the front.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 6:18 pm
formerly known as s2kdriver80

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, Amex MR, Chase UR
Question

Since the 5/24 restriction will likely be in effect... if you are allowed to PC to this new Sapphire Reserve card from a lesser Chase card, can you later apply for a second Sapphire Reserve to take advantage of the bonus (or close the first Sapphire Reserve account first, before applying for a new one, if having 2 SR cards simultaneously isn't allowed)?
Old Aug 10, 2016, 6:30 pm

This is offer details for the CSP.

This product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of this credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of this credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this credit card within the last 24 months.
I think Sapphire Reserve offer details will be similar.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 7:01 pm
formerly known as s2kdriver80

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, Amex MR, Chase UR
Originally Posted by Troopers
This is offer details for the CSP.

I think Sapphire Reserve offer details will be similar.
Thanks. So if one were to PC to a Sapphire Reserve, then once the 5/24 is no longer in effect, they can close that account and immediately open a new one (assuming the bonus offer is still in play) and not wait 24 months since a bonus was never received before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.