Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Reserve [Initial application frenzy]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 27, 2016, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Discussion continues HERE.

This card is subject to Chase's 5/24 policy. To read a summary of the policy click HERE. To discuss it click HERE.

You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch pre-approval (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24), or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

Landing page with bonus offer (100,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days):

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...L3P&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here:https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests. [Verified in Post #2635] Also verified by Chase

Schumer box on 8/15/2016:
https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...g.do?card=FL3P

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air Saver to everyone after production (currently (8/26) appears to have about a 3-day delay after approval before shipping. Expedited shipping is no longer being approved). Some are getting plastic cards with no box. Chase advises metal cards will follow later in these cases.

How to determine your account number, expiration date, and shipping date before receiving the card:
1. Send a secure message (SM) from the account. A common SM would be to ask about the sign-up bonus and last day to complete the spend requirement (which appears to be approximately 3.5 months from the date of approval).
2. Check the Sent Messages folder, and the full account number will be listed in the header of the message that you just sent. The number starts with 414720....
3. The expiration date is three years from the month of approval. So, if you were approved on August 31, 2016, your expiration date will be August 2019.
4. CVV2 number is not available, so if a merchant requires it for payment, you must wait for the physical card.
5. According to many reports, the card is not activated until it is shipped, which happens to be UPS Next Day Air Saver (if shipped on Friday, you will not receive the card until Monday or the next business day). To find out when it is shipped, go to My UPS and sign up for a free account. You'll be notified when a shipment is destined to your address.

Priority Pass Select
Click HERE to read the separate thread discussing this benefit.
As soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card will take 1-2 weeks and can't be expedited, but members have reported success in charging the lounge access to the card and requesting a refund from Customer Service.
5. PP cards will be issued for the account holder and any AU(s)
6. According to Chase, CSR's PP membership includes guest access.

Duplicate Card
1. If you receive the plastic card, wait for the metal card to arrive automatically.
2. If you receive the metal card, send SM or call to request plastic card (for use with overseas merchants that require a card imprint, because you hate metal cards, whatever).
3. DO NOT request a replacement card (especially under any pretense that the card was lost or misplaced).
4. Both cards will have the same number, expiration and CVV. Both cards will work.
5. It appears that all CSR cards are sent overnight once produced, including the plastic 'replacement' cards. No need to request expedited shipping.

How to get bonus points on the first statement:
Act very quickly; you may have less than a week. It depends on the timing of your first statement and when you receive the card. 4K in spending has to clear (not pending) about a week before the statement cuts in order to get the bonus points on that statement. Under "account details" you can see your first payment due date. Your closing date is usually three calendar days after your due date. For instance, if your very first bill is due October 20 that statement would close on September 23, and spending would have to clear by approximately September 16 in order to get the bonus points.
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Reserve [Initial application frenzy]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2016, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
SHIP ME MY CARD CHASE

I want to start using it. A hotel I have had my eye on for vacation over Thanksgiving has re-opened its Hilton world sale rates. C'mon Chase. You know you want me to charge 600 EUR to my new card. Better you than my Citi Premier.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 11:13 pm

But what "You’re covered up to $50" mean? Doesn't it mean they cover up to 50$? So if the roadside assistance costs 300$, I still pay 250, no?
Old Aug 25, 2016, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by jjoe123
But what "You’re covered up to $50" mean? Doesn't it mean they cover up to 50$? So if the roadside assistance costs 300$, I still pay 250, no?
$50=$50. Yes & yes. It is what it is.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
SHIP ME MY CARD CHASE

I want to start using it. A hotel I have had my eye on for vacation over Thanksgiving has re-opened its Hilton world sale rates. C'mon Chase. You know you want me to charge 600 EUR to my new card. Better you than my Citi Premier.
OK, take a deep breathe. My app. was approved Monday afternoon & I received an email from UPS today that it will be delivered tomorrow (Friday). My Veterinarian will be pleased.

I think we need a FT sponsored Yoga class.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 11:33 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by jjoe123
yes, that's how it reads to me. Definitely not a "premium" level benefit.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by philemer
OK, take a deep breathe. My app. was approved Monday afternoon & I received an email from UPS today that it will be delivered tomorrow (Friday). My Veterinarian will be pleased.

I think we need a FT sponsored Yoga class.
Seriously I agree. If we need a Houston base suggestion I know a yoga studio that a couple of my really hot female friends are instructors at...

Since I was approved Tuesday hopefully I'll get mine Monday
Old Aug 26, 2016, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Seriously I agree. If we need a Houston base suggestion I know a yoga studio that a couple of my really hot female friends are instructors at...

Since I was approved Tuesday hopefully I'll get mine Monday
Yeah, that's what it's looking like for me as well since I was approved late Tuesday. I hope the wait means we get the fancy box instead of the plain white envelope No rush as I was going to hit the 4K in spending in early October anyway when my car insurance renews.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by philemer
Originally Posted by NYCFlyer10001
You need to actually be in CPC to get the 5/24 override, not just be talking to a banker, or making furtive glances across the room, or be thinking of asking Chase to the Sadie Hawkins dance.
Wrong. I applied in a branch, at 15/25, and was approved. I have no accts with Chase bank other than cr. cards.
It appears that there are two methods to bypass (not guaranteed) 5/24: Be pre-approved or have CPC. Any others?
Old Aug 26, 2016, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by steve4
Yeah, that's what it's looking like for me as well since I was approved late Tuesday. I hope the wait means we get the fancy box instead of the plain white envelope No rush as I was going to hit the 4K in spending in early October anyway when my car insurance renews.
Your car insurance is 4k?
Old Aug 26, 2016, 5:59 am

Data Point: FICO 750+, salary $150k+, no chase bank account, 6/24 (3 Chase cards as primary, 1 Chase AU, 2 other credit cards).

On Monday, I called Chase to delete me as AU from my wife's Chase FU (so now down to 5/24) then applied online on Monday for CSR. Message saying 7-10 days review. Tuesday, I called reconsideration number (888-270-2127) asking about the status. It was declined due to 5/24. I told him that I took myself off as AU so please check again (even though I was still over haha), he came back, asked questions about salary, and then said if I moved credit from other Chase cards, I might be approved now; if I wanted additional credit, my app would have to go for another round of review. I decided to move $10k (out of $30k) from CSP to CSR and got approved immediately. It has already showed up in my online acct. No expedited shipping.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by Polo2883
Maybe the poster has one of these.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1F9Fk-hlXo
Old Aug 26, 2016, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by p.d.
As someone who upgraded the CSP to a CSR on Monday and has received no apparent notification of a UPS delivery nor anything delivered today, I'm still relatively convinced it's coming by USPS given I was told 3-5 days. No big deal, but I'll believe the whole "they're all going out via UPS" when I see it.

Having done the conversion though, I'm still debating whether it was worth it to do so as someone who primarily uses Delta at the moment. I have an Amex Platinum as well so there is a lot of overlap in terms of benefits. The fact that the $300 travel credit is so easy to utilize is the one thing that makes the CSR seem more reasonable since I'd take advantage of the 3x dining category fairly often. Assuming you can take advantage of it more than a couple times a year (and utilize the more strict travel credit), I'm wondering if the $100 credit via the Ritz is a better value proposition even if the points obviously aren't as versatile as UR points.
It is worth the upgrade but you forfeit the 100k reward points.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by nomorecoach
It appears that there are two methods to bypass (not guaranteed) 5/24: Be pre-approved or have CPC. Any others?
That's pretty much it. Or, realize that you're only over 5/24 due to a non-Visa/MC store card (or being an authorized user) and keep HUCA until you find a rep that will remove those from consideration.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by Polo2883
Lol, it's actually $1300. The rest of the 4K in spending will be from airfare to be booked next month for November. I wish I had an exotic car, though
Old Aug 26, 2016, 7:52 am

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Global Entry
I just got approved online instantly...28K.... so now that the clock has starting ticking for the $4K spend as I wait for my card, I guess that to be safe I should spend over $4,300.....as if $300 constitutes travel and gets credited back to me it wont count toward spend? Am I correct in this thinking?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.