Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

CSP & CSR Trip Cancellation/Delay Insurance Issues/Comments (2016 - 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2017, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: threeoh
Overview
Many Chase cards, including Sapphire Preferred and Reserve and MileagePlus Explorer, come with three different kinds of travel protection:

Trip Delay: This reimburses you for incidental expenses if your travel is delayed, for example by weather, mechanical, or missed connection. It only covers new expenses such as hotel, local transit, taxis, meals, toiletries, clothes, etc. that are caused by the delay. It does not (usually) cover the cost of onward travel or any pre-paid expenses. Max: $500

Trip Cancellation: This reimburses you for travel expenses (tickets, hotels) you have to cancel because of covered reason (illness, etc.). It only covers pre-paid expenses, not new expenses. If you re-use your old tickets, it covers the change fee (but not fare difference). Max: $10,000 for CSR/CSP, $1,500 for MPE

Trip Interruption: This is similar to Trip Cancellation, but reimburses you for travel expenses (tickets, hotels) you have to cancel because you cut your trip short for a covered reason (illness, etc.). It mostly covers pre-paid expenses, not new expenses. Exceptions: If you re-use your old tickets, it covers the change fee (but not fare difference); it covers charges to return rental cars early to a different location; and covers up to $250 to get to/from the airport or medical facility. Max: $10,000 for CSR/CSP, $1,500 for MPE

No coverage on the Chase cards will pay for new expensive tickets home.

How to file a claim:
- go to http://eclaimsline.com/ , or
- call 1-888-675-1461

Guide to Benefits:
Read it! CSR - CSP

Trip Delay FAQ and experiences

This reimburses you for incidental expenses if your travel is delayed, for example by weather, mechanical, or missed connection. It only covers new expenses such as hotel, local transit, taxis, meals, toiletries, clothes, etc. that are caused by the delay. It does not (usually) cover the cost of onward travel or any pre-paid expenses. Max: $500

How long does the delay have to be? 6 hours for CSR, 12 hours for CSP and MPE, check your guide to benefits for other cards. Also kicks in if the delay is "overnight".
Are delays because of weather and mechanical problems covered? Yes.
Who is covered? Only you, your spouse, your dependent children under 22. For large meals (multiple main courses), people have been asked what portion of the meal was consumed by covered travelers.
Does it cover Authorized Users? Apparently yes, as long as their name is "embossed on the card", as well as their spouse and dependent children.
I bought reward tickets but paid taxes/fees with my card, am I covered? Yes.
I bought reward tickets with Chase UR points, am I covered? Yes.
Do I have to buy the flight that is delayed with the Chase card? Yes.
Do I have to use my Chase card to purchase hotel/meals/etc. I am hoping to have covered? No, you can use any card, or cash. Just keep your receipts.
Does the travel have to be round trip? Yes, but your ticket does not have to be. You must depart from your place of residence and return to your place of residence within 1 year. The round-trip travel can involve different tickets on different carriers, open jaws, etc.
Does it cover alcohol? Recent reports indicate yes; some older reports of alcohol being denied.
Does it cover tips? Recent reports indicate yes, up to 20%; some older reports of tips being denied.
My airline is offering a voucher for a hotel, but I skipped the voucher line and booked my own hotel. Am I covered? Reports point to yes, as long as you did not actually take the airline up on their offer.
Rather than staying in a hotel, I'd rather rent a car / buy a walk-up fare on another airline. Will this be covered? Mixed reports. In general this coverage is meant for expenses incurred during a delay, not onward travel.
How do I show the reason for the delay? The coverage requires a statement from the carrier indicating the cause of the delay. If your document doesn't state the cause of the delay, it probably will not work. One possibility is to get a military excuse while at the airport; another is to screenshot the carrier's website or app if it shows the cause. You can also write after the fact to get a delay letter: United: [email protected] , Delta , American. Make sure to request that the delay letter state the cause of the delay. For other carriers contact their main customer service.
Am I covered if my flight is cancelled and I am rebooked on a later flight? Yes
Am I covered if my flight is slightly delayed and I miss my connection, causing a longer delay? Yes
Am I covered at my home airport? Maybe. This report of someone being covered after appeal for hotel in Newark when EWR flight was delayed, lives in NJ but not Newark. Guide says "You are not covered for any Covered Hazard delay that was made public or known to you prior to the departure for the Covered Trip [a period of round-trip travel (meaning departing from and eventually returning to your primary residence) that doesn’t exceed three hundred and sixty- five (365) days away from your residence to a destination other than your city of residence.]".
I was delayed on my outbound and claimed $500. Now am I delayed on my inbound. Am I covered? One report on this thread of two reimbursements for two different delay incidents on a single ticket. Chase says "per trip" on the phone, but Guide says "per ticket". So a round-trip ticket may not cover two delays, but two one-ways could. Need more data on this.

Experiences:

• 01/2014 - Delayed in MSP overnight due to mechanical issues. ~$300 for Hotel Ivy downtown, meals, and ground transportation covered with no issues. Benefits applied to AMEX FHR. Claim processed within 1 week. [Full Report]
  • 02/2014 - Flight was cancelled due to weather; booked Amtrak with points, which was then delayed because of downed electrical wires; rented a car and drove home. Used print out from flightaware.com to show flight was cancelled, claimed non-points dollar amount for Amtrak ticket, got Chase (not insurance) to request receipts from vendors that weren't saved by OP. All was covered. Full report
  • 04/2014 - Delayed in DTW overnight due to crew member time-out. ~$400 for DTW Westin and meals covered with no issues. Claim processed within 1 week. Full Report
  • 07/2014- Delayed in MSP overnight due to weather at destination. Booked Marriott Mall of America for $120, and meals for 3 and a shirt were all covered. Recommend keeping new and old boarding passes.
  • 12/2014 - Trip delay in WAS (flight was delayed because of MX causing misconnect and overnight. Reward flight with taxes+fees on Chase card. OP + wife were covered $632 for a for a room, dinner, and taxi roundtrip from the airport. Gratuity was not reimbursed and could not convince them to after a phone call. Hotel Was $380 after tax and this was not a problem.
  • 07/2016 - Delayed in YYC overnight due to mechanical problems. Claim paid out ~$300. Full report.
  • 7/2017 - Delayed in EWR due to thunderstorms. ~$390 for hotel, uber, meals. Claim processed within a week, no issues. Full report.
  • 9/2017 - Delayed in EWR due to Harvey. ~$499 for hotel, ubereats. Claim processed in 7 business days
  • 1/2017 - $625 covered on two tickets on JetBlue award flight with taxes+fees on Chase in FLL. Missed connection due to Mx. Incl. $65 at Walgreens, r/t uber to hotel, uber home, $265 hotel, $180 meal. Tax, tip, and alcohol covered.
  • 06/2017 - $258 covered for overnight delay hotel/dinner. Did not cover $50 to pick a seat on next day's flight. Full report
  • 08/2017 - covered during ATC equipment failure leading to cancelled flight
  • 08/2017 - covered with flightaware showing delay, no direct statement from carrier. Booked dummy return flight on Southwest to 'comply' with r/t requirement.
  • 12/2017 - covered for forced overnight due to ATL "Power Outage". Entire ticket, including taxes, was paid for using Ultimate Reward points through my Reserve account. There was no credit card charge showing on my account.
  • 1/2018 - covered for $500 including hotel tips, a drink, and minibar snacks w/ no receipt (but showed credit card statement with purchases listed)
  • 1/2018 - covered rental + gas to drive to int'l gateway when feeder flight was cancelled.
  • 3/2018 - covered int'l phone calls, roaming cell phone data (submitted phone bill), storage locker, and hotel.
  • 4/2018 - covered hotel, meals/snacks, cold medicine, Uber ground transport for overnight due to weather. Award ticket with taxes/fees on CSR.
  • 5/2018 - covered $250 in hotel, uber, two meals after missing a connection in a "painless but slightly drawn out" process. Had to request a different delay letter because first one didn't state cause of delay. Total turn-around time 40 days including re-requesting delay letter.
  • 11/2018 - covered $300+ in hotel, 2 Ubers, 3 meals; did not cover seat charge or Uber home; originally booked with UR points (no CC charge)
  • 7/2019 - covered $400+ in hotel, rental car, 3 meals, clothing/toiletries for me, wife and son for 24 hour delay; award tickets with taxes/fees in CSR.

(A previous thread that dealt with travel delay compensation has been closed and all future issues with travel delays & cancellations will be handled here. The last 4 posts from that thread have been merged into this one. The closed thread can be found here.)

For one overview of when you're covered and how to file a claim, read this blog post. The Milewriter @ Saverocity compiled a lot of information from this thread, and thanks all the contributors.

Trip Cancellation / Trip Interruption

This reimburses you for travel expenses (tickets, hotels) you have to cancel or interrupt because of covered reason (illness, etc.). It only covers pre-paid expenses, not new expenses. Max: $10,000 for CSR/CSP, $1,500 for MPE

Trip Interruption only covers a few new expenses: If you re-use your old tickets, it covers the change fee (but not fare difference); it covers charges to return rental cars early to a different location; and covers up to $250 to get to/from the airport or medical facility and from the airport to your home.

What are covered reasons? Illness or injury or death (with documentation) of you or family, severe weather, change in military orders, terrorism, jury duty or subpoena, uninhabitable dwelling, quarantine, or if your travel supplier goes bankrupt. Pre-existing medical conditions are not covered.
Who is covered? CSP/CSR: Extended family: You, your Spouse or Domestic Partner and their children, including adopted children or step-children; legal guardians or wards; siblings or siblings-in-law; parents or parents-in-law; grandparents or grandchildren; aunts or uncles; nieces or nephews. MPE: You, spouse/domestic partner, dependent children.
Does it cover Authorized Users? Apparently yes, as long as their name is "embossed on the card", as well as their extended family / immediate family depending on the card.
I bought reward tickets but paid taxes/fees with my card, am I covered? Yes.
I bought reward tickets with Chase UR points, am I covered? Yes.
Do I have to buy the travel arrangements with my card to be covered? Apparently now this is "yes", you have to pay for "some portion" of each travel arrangement (hotel, flight, etc.) for that arrangement to be covered.
What kinds of pre-paid travel arrangements are covered? "airline tickets, train tickets, bus tickets, prepaid tours, hotels, and rental cars."
What kinds of pre-paid travel arrangements are not covered? "Event Tickets or prepaid fees to theme parks, museums, golf courses, or other points of interest"
I got ill during a trip and had to buy really expensive tickets to fly home. Will I get reimbursed? No. If you can't use your original tickets, this will reimburse you for those -- but new tickets are on you. If you change your original tickets, this will cover the change fee only. It does not pay for fare difference or new tickets. It will pay up to $250 to get you to/from the airport or train station, medical facility, and to your residence after you land at your home airport.
I got ill and need to cancel my trip / return early. What documentation do I need? Generally a letter from a physician or other medical person. There is a special claim form for the doctor to fill out but a sufficiently detailed letter from the doctor can work too.
Does the travel have to be round trip? Yes, but your ticket does not have to be. You must depart from your place of residence and return to your place of residence within 60 days. The round-trip travel can involve different tickets on different carriers, open jaws, etc.
My flight was cancelled. Am I covered? Probably not. Only if it was cancelled due to weather or transit strikes, and only if you didn't get reimbursed by the carrier. However, see Trip Delay above.
I cancelled my trip and the airline has given me one year to use my tickets, but I can't use them. How do I get reimbursed? Several reports indicate that you must wait for the unused tickets to expire, then file another claim. You can get the change fee covered right away. Other reports say if you demonstrate you won't use the tickets, they'll cover full amount right now. YMMV.
Am I covered if I'm taking a road trip, with no flights or common carrier? Yes. However the online claim form requires flight info; just fill it out with dummy flights and explain your other documents that there was no common carrier.
I am pregnant and no longer want to travel. Am I covered? Maybe. Generally, unexpected complications with non-IVF pre-26th week single pregnancies are covered. Non-IVF multiple pregnancies (twins, triplets) are not covered unless you get pregnant after purchasing your tickets. IVF pregnancies are not covered. The guide says you are not covered for "Travel arrangements that are scheduled to take place after the twenty-sixth (26th) week of pregnancy; or when any multiple pregnancy, with or without complications, occurs prior to the initial deposit date or booking date of the Trip; or any pregnancy associated with an assisted reproductive program, such as in vitro fertilization"
There is civil unrest at my destination, am I covered? Maybe. Generally you are covered if there is a Terrorist Incident or State Dept travel warning during your trip (Trip Interruption) or in the 30 days leading up to your trip (for Trip Cancellation) for within 25 miles of any place along your trip itinerary or your home, as long as the incident or warning didn't happen before you booked your tickets. Not covered is "War, undeclared war, civil war, insurrection, rebellion, revolution, warlike acts by a military force or personnel". Also not covered is "Trips booked to any area known to be associated with Terrorist Activity" (meaning multiple Terrorist Incidents or travel warnings in 12 months) and "disinclination to travel due to civil unrest [or] an epidemic or pandemic".

Experiences:
Print Wikipost

CSP & CSR Trip Cancellation/Delay Insurance Issues/Comments (2016 - 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2019, 8:18 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Only the cardholder and the cardholder's immediate family, as defined in the terms, are covered.
yuchung5 likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 4:33 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, HH Diamond
My new CSP Guide to Benefits no longer includes 'equipment failure' or any other airline initiated cancellation as a coverable event. Only weather and organized labor strike related delays. So if the airline cancels my flight, and I miss my cruise (having charged both on my CSP,) I'm then not covered?
Old Mar 25, 2019, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by daiseee
My new CSP Guide to Benefits no longer includes 'equipment failure' or any other airline initiated cancellation as a coverable event.
Are you looking at Trip Delay or Trip Cancellation/Interruption? As far as I know, Trip Cancellation/Interruption has never including equipment failure. Only weather and organized strikes for carrier cancellations. Trip Delay covers weather.

So if the airline cancels my flight, and I miss my cruise (having charged both on my CSP,) I'm then not covered?
If the airline cancels your flight due to mechanical or crew issues, yes you are not covered under Trip Cancellation. However, Trip Delay would pay for any hotels/meals while you wait for your new flight.

If the airline cancels your flight because of inclement weather, then you should be covered under Trip Cancellation.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 2:44 pm

CSR Partial Payment? Immediate family benefits question too.

Question. I have a CSR. I have been reading that with the CSR, you only have to make "partial payment" with the card for the Trip Insurance Features to be available. So, what constitutes Partial Payment???

Scenario one. Cruise. Separate air. Separate hotels. Is all of this considered "the trip" and all is covered if just one component is paid for with the CSR (cruise). Or does every component have to purchased with the card? And then, it says partial payment. I know I could make partial payment on the cruise (deposit) but how do you make partial payment on Airline Tickets?? And partial payment for a hotel? Thats why Im wondering if it means any component of "the trip" covers the whole trip?

Scenario two. Daughter and husband are going to Norway (land trip). If I purchase one night of her hotel stays, is her whole trip covered?? If not, how do I partially pay for her airline tix???

Hope these questions make sense.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 4:11 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by stan1162
Question. I have a CSR. I have been reading that with the CSR, you only have to make "partial payment" with the card for the Trip Insurance Features to be available. So, what constitutes Partial Payment???
I asked this question last year about a trip where the flight would be on the card but the accommodation would be cash and was told that it would be covered but I have no experience with a claim. It is specified that for car rentals the entire cost must be paid with the card.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 6:07 pm

So what do we think?

Originally Posted by MADPhil
I asked this question last year about a trip where the flight would be on the card but the accommodation would be cash and was told that it would be covered but I have no experience with a claim. It is specified that for car rentals the entire cost must be paid with the card.
So do you think when it talks about Partial Payment it means using the card to pay for any partial part of the whole trip??? There aren't really any partial parts of an aiplane ticket. The delay, cancellation, baggage loss includes all the parts of the trip, for example if I leave on my trip on June 1, fly, cruise, hotel, and return on June 15, ALL of its covered as long as some part of the trip is paid for with the CSR.

I've purchased trip insurance in the past, and it covers exactly that, the date the trip starts, and when I come home.

Hmmmm.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
So do you think when it talks about Partial Payment it means using the card to pay for any partial part of the whole trip??? There aren't really any partial parts of an aiplane ticket. The delay, cancellation, baggage loss includes all the parts of the trip, for example if I leave on my trip on June 1, fly, cruise, hotel, and return on June 15, ALL of its covered as long as some part of the trip is paid for with the CSR.

I've purchased trip insurance in the past, and it covers exactly that, the date the trip starts, and when I come home.

Hmmmm.
You absolutely can do partial payments for an airplane ticket. For example, I frequently use a voucher on United, or TravelBank funds, that covers part of the ticket, and put the balance on my card. Many carriers also have gift cards that could be used to pay up to the value, with the balance going on a credit card. I haven't seen airlines specifically do this, but there are other retailers that allow you, even online, to split the payment of an order using 2 cards. Perhaps there are carriers that allow this, either when booking online or when booking a ticket over the phone.

Honestly, that's always what I assumed they meant when they talk about using a card for a portion of the payment. You have a question that I never thought about, and I don't know the answer to, but I do know that there are situations, as I've outlined above, where a card can be used to pay for a portion of the airline ticket.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 7:00 pm

Which travel coverage are you focused on?

Many of the coverages (like Trip Delay and Emergency Evacuation) require that you charge all or a portion of the common carrier fare to your card. So you wouldn't be covered simply by charging a hotel room. The typical partial payment scenarios are where you redeem miles for a common carrier ticket and use the card just to pay for taxes/fees. Or where you use a gift card and use your credit card to pay for the balance.

For Trip Interruption/Cancellation, I believe they will only refund things that were charged to your card, along with points and the like. So if you pay for one hotel room with CSR but put the plane ticket on your Amex card, and then a family member gets sick and you have to cancel your trip, Chase will refund that prepaid hotel room from the CSR card, but I don't think they'll write you a check for the plane ticket you charged on your Amex card.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 6:12 am

Thanks.

Originally Posted by emcampbe
You absolutely can do partial payments for an airplane ticket. For example, I frequently use a voucher on United, or TravelBank funds, that covers part of the ticket, and put the balance on my card. Many carriers also have gift cards that could be used to pay up to the value, with the balance going on a credit card. I haven't seen airlines specifically do this, but there are other retailers that allow you, even online, to split the payment of an order using 2 cards. Perhaps there are carriers that allow this, either when booking online or when booking a ticket over the phone.

Honestly, that's always what I assumed they meant when they talk about using a card for a portion of the payment. You have a question that I never thought about, and I don't know the answer to, but I do know that there are situations, as I've outlined above, where a card can be used to pay for a portion of the airline ticket.

I used mixed payments at retail stores and such, so that I'm familiar with. Done it myself many times. So, how exactly should daughter purchase her Delta ticket with her Amex and my CSR? Let's say its 900.00 on her amex, and 100.00 on CSR???

And hotels, If you have 5 nights, 5 different hotels, non-rufundable. How do you make partial payment on those individually???

A cruise is easier. You can make a deposit, or a small payment (installment).

For the cancellation/interuption, this is what it says... Amount required to pay w/ card to be eligible for benefit: Any part of travel arrangements

Emergency Evacuation and Transportation:. Amount required to pay w/ card to be eligible for benefit:
Any part of trip

Still confused.

Last edited by stan1162; Mar 26, 2019 at 7:05 am
Old Mar 26, 2019, 8:26 am

I used mixed payments at retail stores and such, so that I'm familiar with. Done it myself many times. So, how exactly should daughter purchase her Delta ticket with her Amex and my CSR? Let's say its 900.00 on her amex, and 100.00 on CSR???
I don't think you can directly split a plane ticket between two credit cards, although it's possible they could do it on the phone (if you're willing to pay the phone service fee). You can use a mix of UR points and a credit card (although I don't know if Chase's travel portal where you use the UR points will let you pay the balance with a non-Chase credit card). Or you could use one card to buy Delta gift cards and then use the other card to pay the balance of the fare. But I wouldn't count on CSR benefits kicking in if you bought a gift card and didn't directly charge the plane ticket, and I wouldn't count on a free checked bag if you used the Amex card to buy gift cards instead of charging the fare directly.

And hotels, If you have 5 nights, 5 different hotels, non-rufundable. How do you make partial payment on those individually???
Again you might be able to use a mix of a credit card and points or gift cards. And for postpaid stays I think most hotels can probably split the cost between more than one card at checkout. But I'm not aware of a way to split a prepaid hotel stay between two cards.

For the cancellation/interuption, this is what it says... Amount required to pay w/ card to be eligible for benefit: Any part of travel arrangements
You're leaving out the rest of the sentence, which requires that "some portion of the cost for such travel arrangements less any redeemable frequent flyer miles, points, coupons or certificates, or other types of redeemable Rewards has been charged to your Account." I read that to mean that they will refund what's been charged to your account plus the value of any redeemable rewards (there's a separate paragraph describing how they value rewards). I do NOT read that to mean that you can charge $100 of a $5000 cruise to your Chase card, charge the rest to a different card, and expect Chase to write you a check for $5000 if you cancel for a covered reason.

Emergency Evacuation and Transportation:. Amount required to pay w/ card to be eligible for benefit: Any part of trip

Again you're leaving out words. The full sentence is "You are eligible for the coverage when You charge a portion of the cost, or the entire cost of a Trip, made via a Common Carrier, to Your Account."

So you can't just charge some random trip expense, it needs to be the common carrier fare (i.e., plane/train/boat ticket). For plane tickets it seems pretty clear how this works. For cruises I suppose you could try putting just one payment on your Chase card and the rest on another card and hope that the benefits will still apply, but I wouldn't rely on it as it sure seems like stretching the rules (I've always read the "portion of" language is really intended to cover things like rewards redemptions and coupons).
Statman likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 9:40 am

I think the language is pretty clear and obvious if you think about it from Chase's point of view.

They want to encourage you to charge to the card because they will get the swipe fee. If you don't charge at least a portion of the Covered Product on your card (e.g., the air fare, hotel, etc.), then Chase will not cover you for it.

Otherwise and as themicah has pointed out to you, a person could easily game the system by charging a random common carrier expense to your CSR and then expect Chase to FULLY reimburse you for the entire trip, including costs that were NOT charged to the card.

Bottom line for me is that unless you charge some portion of what you expect to be covered on your CSR, then CSR has no duty (rightfully so IMO) to cover you for it.

Last edited by Statman; Mar 26, 2019 at 9:52 am
Old Mar 26, 2019, 2:19 pm

I am just trying to figure this out. Taking gift cards and points completely out of the equation. What would Chase mean by "some portion", if I was Joe average citizen who was using no points and gift cards??

I take it to mean the same as the regular, garden variety trip insurance I usually buy. It starts when I leave on day 1 on my "trip" and all non-fundable parts of that trip are covered. Air, hotels, cruise, train tickets. I know points are not covered ( only re-deposit fees are). I know this from buying trip insurance in the past. That I am not confused about. And will not be using points.

In the rental car coverage, the TOTAL car rental has to be paid using the CSR. They make that perfectly clear. But not the portion on what they describe as "the trip"

Covered Trip

any pre paid tour, trip or vacation when some portion of the cost of such travel arrangements less any redeemable frequent flyer miles, points, coupons or certificates or any other types of redeemable Rewards has be charged to your account."

-while the insurance is in effect
-to a destination of greater than 1 mile from your primary residence
-and for a time period that doesn't exceed 60 days in duration

Last edited by stan1162; Mar 26, 2019 at 2:25 pm
Old Mar 26, 2019, 3:20 pm

Covered Trip

any pre paid tour,trip or vacation when some portion of the cost of such travel arrangements less any redeemable frequent flyer miles, points, coupons or certificates or any other types of redeemable Rewards has be charged to your account."
You are confusing the issue by conflating the part about points, GCs, etc. with the rest of the sentence.

I have taken the liberty of striking through the parts that seem to have confused you. The remaining part of the quoted text should clarify things for you.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 3:29 pm

I think the confusion here is whether some part of the whole trip has to have been on the card (e.g. I paid for one night of hotel with my card, is my whole 10-night trip including flights covered?) or whether some part of each item you want covered has to be on the card (e.g. each hotel has to have been paid for in part by the card, each plane ticket has to have been paid for in part by the card, etc.).

I don't know the answer, I just think that's the crux of the discussion.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 3:39 pm

Thank You!!

Originally Posted by threeoh
I think the confusion here is whether some part of the whole trip has to have been on the card (e.g. I paid for one night of hotel with my card, is my whole 10-night trip including flights covered?) or whether some part of each item you want covered has to be on the card (e.g. each hotel has to have been paid for in part by the card, each plane ticket has to have been paid for in part by the card, etc.).

I don't know the answer, I just think that's the crux of the discussion.

You just put it exactly as what I have been trying to ask!! That's the answer I'm looking for. That is what trip insurance I have purchased in the past does. Covers all the parts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.