Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anyone else unable to file claims on eclaimsline?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone else unable to file claims on eclaimsline?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2016, 12:58 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Unhappy Anyone else unable to file claims on eclaimsline?

I'm trying to open a new trip delay claim with Chase and after calling the phone center they gave me the option of starting the claim via the website https://www.eclaimsline.com. This is the same site they sent me to when I had a price protection claim.

Unfortunately every time I try to use it I get the same error after putting in my card number, first and last name, and catchpa:

Error

We are unable to validate benefits for this card. Please make sure the card number is entered correctly.

If you continue to receive this message, please contact Card Benefit Services at 1-866-390-9735
Of course Card Benefit Services just tells me I must be typing something in wrong, and can't seem to figure out why it doesn't work.

Has anyone else had this problem? Were you able to resolve it? If so, how?

Thanks,

Neil

Last edited by missamo80; Jul 12, 2016 at 6:10 pm
Old Jul 12, 2016, 5:29 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
That does not appear to be a valid URL. Do you mean this page?

https://www.eclaimsline.com

Using a Sapphire Preferred card number I see:

Your card benefits include a range of travel coverage as well as access to your online claims center. To begin taking advantage of your benefits, choose the type of claim you need to file.
Trip Delay provides reimbursement for reasonable expenses incurred due to a covered reason. Your claim will be eligible for coverage if the terms and conditions of the Trip Delay program are met. This may or may not include important timeframes outlined in the guide to benefits provided by your issuing bank.
Followed by a form for contact details. Which card do you have?

Last edited by mia; Jul 12, 2016 at 5:35 pm
Old Jul 12, 2016, 6:11 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
I fixed the URL, thanks, my bad on the original post. I also have a Chase Sapphire Preferred. I never get that page, I only get the error message I mentioned above.

When I call the benefits line they're able to start a claim for me and send me a form to fill in via email, but I can never get the web version to work and the phone reps are completely unable to comprehend the problem, let alone attempt to fix it

Neil
Old Jan 9, 2017, 10:49 am

Programs: UA GS, UA 1 Million Miler, SQ Gold
eclaimsline still broken

I get to the point where I log in with my CC number, select what type of claim, fill in the claim details and when I hit submit (after giving you a final warning to modify the claim) the system just conks out and that an unexpected error occurred and to give their number a call.

The CSRs are so overtly saccharine sweet it's kinda off-putting at first, but they seem to know what to do and they'll email you the claim form if you ask for it. But methinks the overt niceness is just a trick to kill the customer with niceness because they know something is majorly wrong with their system. The CSR offhandedly alluded to their IT department doing some upgrades in the background, but this has been happening for weeks!

Oh well, back to manual filling in of the claim form!
Old Mar 13, 2017, 10:03 pm

Any success wen filing claim by email ?

I am trying to file a baggage delay claim with them .apprently baggage delay can. It be filed online.you have to download the form and send those to their email address .i am trying to send these documents from last month .I have sent 4-5 emails till now ,but never received a response from them ,neither I received my claim id. CSR has only one answer ,they don't see any claim for my incident .

Any ideas ?

I am sending emails to [email protected]

I typed wrong email before. Email I sent my forms is "[email protected] "

Last edited by sani8156; Mar 14, 2017 at 11:41 am
Old Mar 14, 2017, 7:06 am
mia

Originally Posted by sani8156
I am sending emails to [email protected]
That email address contains a typographical error.

Compare:
[email protected]
[email protected]
Old Mar 14, 2017, 11:40 am

sorry , it was a typo here in message. I sent it to

[email protected]
Old Mar 14, 2017, 11:59 am
mia

In that case I would send the information by certified mail (with receipt) to:

Card Benefit Services
P O Box 72034
Richmond, VA 23255
Old Mar 14, 2017, 1:35 pm

They have ignored my claim for trip cancellation benefit all because they are either too confused and lazy to check the facts or just outright lying. I am convinced it is the later.

They used to say everything is fine we got all we needed including mother's emergency hospitalization & medical doctor's letter. But they needed to know how I eventually returned and i told them i booked the return on my own and showed them my credit card statement for the charge & airline reservation. They twisted that and told me " THAT'S IT". Your original carrier booked that return flight and therefore there is no claim and it is denied. I have resent them all the documents to prove how I on my own paid for it, including a letter from original carrier saying, "there was no refund or rebooking issued or occured"

They have ignored everything I tried and sent and showed them and wouldn't even respond to my email and all the agents would say it is denied becos original carrier took care of the return flight.

I have filed CFPB and BBB complaint directly against Card Benefit Services
P O Box 72034
Richmond, VA 23255 but those agencies forwarded the complaints to Chase instead and Chase told there is nothing they can do. I tried sending the complaint again and spoke to those agencies and they told me they can't do anything over "denied claim" and advised me to speak to insurance regulator or FTC or something.

I tried getting help from bloggers but they didn't reply except for "viewfromthewing" who wrote something in specific language and advised me to email & send which I did but expected never got a reply.

My lost is $250. I have since Dec 2016 tried and tried to work with the benefit complaint eclaimsline.com in emails, letters and phone calls and they refuse to resolve this.

I am very upset and disappointed with the benefit company for CSR.

Won't be renewing this card and won't be using it for flights.

Last edited by Blueskyheaven; Mar 14, 2017 at 1:50 pm
Old Mar 14, 2017, 3:34 pm
rev

The no-email-recognition part of eclaims really bothers me. Even an automated email that I know they received anything would provide a little bit of ease.

I've used them twice before and had success, with only a couple minor hiccups, but was still satisfied. I'm currently in the middle of my third claim (yes, I've been very unlucky with cancelled flights in the lat year). It also happens to be my first denied one. Of course, they sent no email or contact saying it was denied, I had to call to find out.

You can also email them back to appeal a denied claim. You'll need to attach all the documents and provide the claim and case ID again. Citing pieces from the 'explanation of benefits' may work in your favor.
Old May 4, 2017, 1:30 pm

Slow decision on Eclaimsline.com?

Hello, my laptop was stolen and it happened to fall within the purchase protection time frame on my CSR but it has been two months now since I submitted my claim and its still pending. I've called numerous times but they keep saying to give it time. I feel like 2 months has been enough time. Am I rushing them?
Old May 4, 2017, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by msg310
Hello, my laptop was stolen and it happened to fall within the purchase protection time frame on my CSR but it has been two months now since I submitted my claim and its still pending. I've called numerous times but they keep saying to give it time. I feel like 2 months has been enough time. Am I rushing them?
Hello and welcome to FT! Now that I've moved your post into the eclaimsline thread you can see how other frustrated members are handling the 'slowness' issue. I think you've been too patient. Good luck.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 10:46 am

Hello everyone
Just to let you all know that and others I know have consistently
very bad claim experiences with eclaims over past years.
Much better experience with Citi and Amex card insurance providers and i use
them exclusively now.

Eclaims takes a long time to respond to queries, their examiners
refuse to communicate directly with clients, they look for every way to exhaust you until you dont bother contacting them again and they seem to be financially motivated to reject claims rathee than process them legitimately.

So the value of a card like Chase Sapphire is very questionable. i gave mine back. The very attractive coverage for travel or rental cars printed is very different from the actual coverage you get so buyer beware.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by finarg
Hello everyone
Just to let you all know that and others I know have consistently
very bad claim experiences with eclaims over past years.
Much better experience with Citi and Amex card insurance providers and i use
them exclusively now.
Wish I read this before using the Chase Sapphire card for a car rental in New Zealand. We had an accident and the car was totaled costing me about $2K. It took about three months to get all documents they requested from New Zealand and I was supposed to then hear back in a week. I have been waiting a month since submitting my last document and have called once per week. The list of excuses is ridiculous:

1) The claims agent reassigned it to a new agent.
2) The new agent wasn't able to handle it because it was an international claim and tried to send it back but didn't do it correctly so it got stuck but is now fixed and will be finalized in 24 hours.
3) A week later it was reassigned properly, but the agent didn't create a task for the examiner to look at it (really?). They now created a task to look at claim and also a task to call me. No commitment on how long it will take but they did say that due to the amount it will need additional approvals even if the current examiner does actually review and approve it.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by johnb102
3) A week later it was reassigned properly, but the agent didn't create a task for the examiner to look at it (really?). They now created a task to look at claim and also a task to call me. No commitment on how long it will take but they did say that due to the amount it will need additional approvals even if the current examiner does actually review and approve it.
Another week has gone by. Never received the promised phone call, but did get a response today asking for a copy of the credit card statement showing a credit I received that was noted on my final rental agreement. The credit was because I had paid for a one-way drop off fee up-front for about $200, but that was refunded since they did not have to transfer the car back to the original rental location since it was totaled. The credit has nothing to do with the charge for the loss of the car. I don't know why they care if I got this credit or did not get this credit, but it seems like another tactic to further delay their review. I submitted the requested paperwork on the same day they made the request, but no idea how long this will delay their review.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.