FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   The new Chase Website (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1768547-new-chase-website.html)

elg26 May 27, 2016 9:31 am

The new Chase Website

What are everyone's thoughts on the new look website.

To me, there is too much going on the page....too "busy".

Feel like if I look too long at the home page, I will develop ADHD.

There also doesn't seem to be a clear distinction between my bank accounts and credit cards along the left side.... a little color distinction or borders would help....

Troopers May 27, 2016 10:53 am

What new site? Not seeing it.

vh_bu98 May 27, 2016 10:57 am

It looks the same to me for the past couple of weeks.

pdxer May 27, 2016 11:02 am

Originally Posted by vh_bu98 (Post 26690275)
It looks the same to me for the past couple of weeks.

I haven't noticed a difference in the past several years.

elg26 May 27, 2016 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by pdxer (Post 26690306)
I haven't noticed a difference in the past several years.

We'll that's strange. Whole layout at chase.com completely changed for me 2 days ago. It's new because it asks me constantly about tutorials on new features. Could it be a slow rollout?

sdsearch May 28, 2016 9:12 am

On the new site, the left side of the screen is your list of cards, and on the right is the details for one card at a time. It defaults on the right to showing the details of whichever card they put first on the list.

The problem I have is that the place I click to "Sign in" with my username and password is right over something (on the next screen that draws) that makes an annoying popup appear if you hover over it. So I've had to learn to move my mouse way over to the left immediately after I click "Sign in" :rolleyes:.

They seem to think this an improvement because you don't have to click to see some account details for your first card (or I presume your only card if you only have one card). But I find it clunky, because the supposed account details are not as detailed as they were on the old version (for example, I've yet to find where it shows my next statement closing date, whereas it was right there on the click-through account details on the old site).

KRSW May 28, 2016 11:19 pm

Which web browser & OS are you using? Not seeing anything new on my phone (Android/Chrome) or laptop (OS X / Chrome).

TennisNoob May 29, 2016 3:52 am

Same old boring site for me?

Only difference is the front page but that was changed an year ago.

jjmiller69 May 29, 2016 7:00 am

Originally Posted by TennisNoob (Post 26696650)
Same old boring site for me?

Only difference is the front page but that was changed an year ago.

No change for me either. As some one said have you changed browsers?

sdsearch May 29, 2016 7:25 am

Originally Posted by KRSW (Post 26696198)
Which web browser & OS are you using? Not seeing anything new on my phone (Android/Chrome) or laptop (OS X / Chrome).

Originally Posted by jjmiller69 (Post 26696973)
No change for me either. As some one said have you changed browsers?

Boy, you guys made me work! :D

I've been getting the new site in Firefox (up to date), which has always been my browser. So to answer the question more fully, I tried logging in with Chrome on the same computer. Chase required me to do two-step verification because they didn't recognize "my computer" they said (same computer, just different browser, dummies :rolleyes:).

Anyway, I got the new site in Chrome too after logging in.

So maybe they're rolling this out on a user-by-user basis, as someone up above theorized, or a region by region basis (Chase knows where you are geographically when you log on, don't they?), I dunno. For the record, all my logins since I've seen this change have been in SoCal.

beltway May 29, 2016 7:26 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch (Post 26694022)
They seem to think this an improvement because you don't have to click to see some account details for your first card (or I presume your only card if you only have one card). But I find it clunky, because the supposed account details are not as detailed as they were on the old version (for example, I've yet to find where it shows my next statement closing date, whereas it was right there on the click-through account details on the old site).

Yes, this is idiotic--but not as idiotic as the incessant notice flags at the top of the the window. Especially annoying are the ones for "You have a payment due in X days" when I've already scheduled a timely payment for the prior statement balance.

Sum of comment: flashy new UI, poorly considered UX.

farnorthtrader May 30, 2016 5:48 pm

It is being rolled out on a user by user basis it would appear. My wife's one user changed a couple of weeks ago, my two users and her other user are still the old interface.

sdsearch May 30, 2016 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by farnorthtrader (Post 26703159)
It is being rolled out on a user by user basis it would appear. My wife's one user changed a couple of weeks ago, my two users and her other user are still the old interface.

The other possibility is that they're rolling it our for one card at a time, and if not all your cards are supported in the new interface, you may have still have the old interface.

In my case, I have 3 cards (all personal): IHG, Marriott, and Freedom, and I have the new interface.

Are there are any cards that the users who have the old interface have that the users with the new interface don't have?

jrray May 30, 2016 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch (Post 26703852)
Are there are any cards that the users who have the old interface have that the users with the new interface don't have?

It may be a red herring, but my account was on the new interface with a CSP and FU, and then when I got approved for an MPE the new card wasn't showing up. The name on that card doesn't match how my name appears on my other accounts.

When I called to get the new card added, the CSR was having trouble to get it to link, and then told me she had to roll my account back to the old interface.

Maybe the new UI can't deal with multiple names on one account? At first I saw both names listed and the cards grouped under the two names, but now the second name stopped showing up. Still on the old UI though.

freeflyin May 31, 2016 7:14 am

Originally Posted by farnorthtrader (Post 26703159)

I believe this is the case- I have the old interface, but my wife has the new one. Hers changed to the new one as soon as she was approved for a Marriott card and it was added to her user account.