Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Will Chase count additional users towards 5/24 if I don't provide SSN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2016, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, CC Gold, UA Silver

Looking ahead to future credit card strategies.

Whenever I apply for additional card for wife via Chase, Citi or Amex, I usually don't have to give SSN.

Wondering if Chase will track additional users if i don't provide SSN for additional card holders. Hoping to save future apps for Chase products.

Thanks
Old Mar 14, 2016, 7:28 pm

The computer does count AU accounts as new accounts for the 5/24 and you will get denied immediately but if you still qualify under the 5/24 rule with only your primary accounts it's possible to get approval on recon.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 7:29 pm

FYI even when you don't give your Ssn for au accounts they still show on your cr's
Old Mar 15, 2016, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, CC Gold, UA Silver
Actually I was wondering more about the additional users.

For example, my wife is the primary card holder and I am secondary on two of her cards. I don't want Chase to ding me as having an account open and count towards the 5/24 rule. Thanks
Old Mar 15, 2016, 6:15 pm

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
I added my spouse as an AU on my citi Prestige card last Oct. Didn't provide SSN. It's now listed on his TU and EX reports.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 6:39 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by Bretmd
I added my spouse as an AU on my citi Prestige card last Oct. Didn't provide SSN. It's now listed on his TU and EX reports.
Really curious how they track this if you have a really common name...
Old Mar 15, 2016, 6:57 pm

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
Originally Posted by miadukes
I think I clicked the box that said "same address as primary user." That probably did it. His name is not common, though.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 10:20 pm

Don't ask me how they do it but it will almost always (I'm sure there is an exception but they are rare) end up on your credit report even if you don't give your Ssn. It will state authorized user instead of individual account and it is possible to get chase to reconsider you app if you are still ok under their 5/25 rule without the au accounts but you will be denied initially. Of course there is never a 100% answer with any of these questions but from most evidence you can expect this scenario.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
I don't think AU affects 5/24. In your report it'll state that the account is an AU account, not a new account opened by you.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by miadukes
I used to work in IT at a major utility. Most people would refuse to give us their SSN. It didn't matter. We'd put their info in and ping the credit reporting agency and then we'd have their SSN anyway.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 9:15 pm

If you are adding an AU just for the sign up points make up a name, my dog Frank has a United and a Marriott card
Old Mar 17, 2016, 3:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by flyer4512
If you are adding an AU just for the sign up points make up a name, my dog Frank has a United and a Marriott card
^^^ exactly what I do, Aunt Jamima
Old Mar 17, 2016, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by TMM1982
Does this really still work?
Old Mar 17, 2016, 4:29 pm

Does this really still work?
Old Mar 17, 2016, 5:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by TMM1982
Is this for real????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.