Search
Old Mar 31, 2016, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia

5x for first year at Grocery Stores. Capped at 12K in spend:

Key points:
  • $200 (20K UR) sign up bonus
  • Does not seem to be possible to generate referrals for this offer
Does this card earn Ultimate Rewards points or cash back rewards?

It earns Ultimate Rewards points which may be redeemed for cash.

Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, Sapphire, Sapphire Preferred, all versions of Ink, JPM Select, JPM Palladium all earn Ultimate Rewards points. Ultimate Rewards points earned with any of these cards may be redeemed for cash at the rate 1 point = $0.01.

Chase markets Freedom, Unlimited, and Ink Cash as cash rewards, the others as points cards. The difference is in the marketing, not the rewards.

Travel and purchase protection benefits
Visa Signature
Visa Platinum

For general info, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.

Print Wikipost

Chase Freedom Unlimited.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2016, 11:06 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Originally Posted by jacknyoc
I think I'll get a lot of use out of it...and the UR transfers.
CFU allows transfers??
Old Apr 25, 2016, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TOMFORD
CFU allows transfers??
You quoted once sentence out of context. The OP you quoted mentioned having a CSP. That enables transfer of points earned with CFU.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 11:22 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Originally Posted by sdsearch
One reason might be because you feel the signup bonus is pretty small anyway. (Many people feel the Freedom signup bonus of the last few years has been too small to worry a lot about, and the signup bonus for the Freedom Unlimited is no bigger, is it?

It's a completely different thing product changing to a card that has a giant signup bonus than to one like this that has a ho-hum signup bonus.

Oh, and for people who are in the least bit churners: Chase's 5/24 policy makes applying for the card outright and getting the signup bonus impossible anyway. So might as well product change if you have another Chase card you don't need in its present form.
There's also, in my case, a rather odd wrinkle: Before this product was announced, I got force-changed from the AGR card to "baseline" Freedom. Well, I had zero use for said card (trying to play "remember what this quarter's bonus is" isn't my cup of tea) but said card is one of my oldest in terms of credit history (it was the first card I got of my own volition; the other cards are ones I use about once a year to keep alive but are from my bank). So I flipped it to Sapphire (no bonus)...

Frankly, I'm pondering flipping the Sapphire to this (which has reasonable awards across the board...it's actually better than any cards I have, generally, when I'm not doing business with a single company) but I don't want to make the jump without knowing that I can then get Sapphire (since I didn't get a bonus with the switch I should be eligible for the offer du jour) or a similar product to dump the points back to (especially since the Sapphire offers are generally a bit better than these).
Old Apr 26, 2016, 8:42 pm

I recently transferred points from a family member's Freedom account (same household) to my CSP since I am effectively "banned" from getting my own Chase Freedom card until next year due to the 5/24 rule. Anyone know if I can still do this if I add myself as an authorized user on the Freedom Card ? Can I effectively transfer points to myself (AU on family member's Freedom to my CSP) ? I would like to use the Freedom card during the summer to take advantage of the restaurant bonus.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 5:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE
I just applied and only got approved for 500! I have 4 other chase cc's and a total credit line of around 70k. I called recon and they said that it was possible, but that I had to call credit reallocation. Will call them in an hour and see if i can shift some credit over from my freedom to the FU.

EDIT: Called chase, got some credit moved and my new limit is 10k.

Last edited by thefiverivers; Apr 29, 2016 at 6:08 am
Old Apr 29, 2016, 9:49 am

Programs: WN A-List Preferred & CP
Originally Posted by konems
Got the 7-10 day message. I'm currently at 4/24 (3 in my name and 1 as an AU) and am a Private Client. Probably should have applied in branch. Time for recon...

Followup as a data point: I let it ride out without recon and got the email yesterday from Chase welcoming me to my new Chase Freedom Unlimited card. 24 day wait.
Old May 1, 2016, 1:34 pm

I applied online and got the 7-10 day pending review message.

My situation: if Chase co-branded cards don't count, then I'm at 4/24 across all banks instead of 5/24.

Speculation: I think a possible reason is that I already have a high CL (70k+) across all Chase cards.

What's the recommended action here? Should I call recon next Monday (tomorrow), or should I wait a bit more?

Thanks!
Old May 5, 2016, 11:08 am

I just called in into a recon, and was told that my application was declined due to too many cards open.

My only conclusion is that co-branded cards somehow count. Or, my limit is 4 and this new card would put me at 5...
Old May 5, 2016, 12:19 pm

All new CC accounts in the last 24 months counts, be them Chase, Chase co-branded or others.
The only ones that might not count are AUs accounts, but you have to call recon to try and exclude those.
Old May 5, 2016, 1:21 pm

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
Anyone able to convert a Southwest card to freedom unlimited?
I was going to do the sapphire but it has been open less than a year
Old May 5, 2016, 1:29 pm

Think i might just switch my freedom to unlimited
Old May 6, 2016, 11:55 am

Perhaps someone can answer these questions about this card.

I will be closing my wifes CSP card in a few months and I am considering getting her this card. It seems both cards have the UR points, but if you have both cards does each card have a separate UR account it is accruing to or are they separate per card?

The reason I ask is I want a place to 'bank' these point so we don't lose them. It is also my understanding that once the you only have the points for the Freedom Unlimited card you can no longer transfer points to travel partners. If I get a CSP, can she transfer them to me so I can then transfer to a partner?

TIA
Old May 6, 2016, 12:15 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
one UR account only
Old May 7, 2016, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by steve0314
Perhaps someone can answer these questions about this card.

I will be closing my wifes CSP card in a few months and I am considering getting her this card. It seems both cards have the UR points, but if you have both cards does each card have a separate UR account it is accruing to or are they separate per card?

The reason I ask is I want a place to 'bank' these point so we don't lose them. It is also my understanding that once the you only have the points for the Freedom Unlimited card you can no longer transfer points to travel partners. If I get a CSP, can she transfer them to me so I can then transfer to a partner?

TIA
Each UR earning card has it's own separate UR account. She'll need to combine the UR points in her CSP account onto another card, then cancel CSP, or risk losing them.

Everything in your second paragraph is accurate.
Old May 10, 2016, 11:48 am

Is this card part metal like the CSP?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.