Search
Old Mar 31, 2016, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia

5x for first year at Grocery Stores. Capped at 12K in spend:

Key points:
  • $200 (20K UR) sign up bonus
  • Does not seem to be possible to generate referrals for this offer
Does this card earn Ultimate Rewards points or cash back rewards?

It earns Ultimate Rewards points which may be redeemed for cash.

Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, Sapphire, Sapphire Preferred, all versions of Ink, JPM Select, JPM Palladium all earn Ultimate Rewards points. Ultimate Rewards points earned with any of these cards may be redeemed for cash at the rate 1 point = $0.01.

Chase markets Freedom, Unlimited, and Ink Cash as cash rewards, the others as points cards. The difference is in the marketing, not the rewards.

Travel and purchase protection benefits
Visa Signature
Visa Platinum

For general info, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.

Print Wikipost

Chase Freedom Unlimited.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2016, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by TMM1982
Has anyone actually received an Unlimited card yet? I converted a CF to a CFU last Sunday and called to check today on the status. Chase still hasn't processed it but "they're working on it." Heck is going on Chase?
They converted my account immediately and it is showing as FU online. I haven't received the physical card yet, but it doesn't matter, as I can use the old card until I get the new one.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 4:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by blaz
They converted my account immediately and it is showing as FU online. I haven't received the physical card yet, but it doesn't matter, as I can use the old card until I get the new one.
Did you convert a CF to CFU? I did and it's still showing as CF online. Getting very, very annoyed.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 6:02 pm

Has anyone actually received an Unlimited card yet? I converted a CF to a CFU last Sunday and called to check today on the status. Chase still hasn't processed it but "they're working on it." Heck is going on Chase?
Just got mine yesterday.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 6:21 pm
Suspended

Going to give them a few more days to do what I asked or I'll have to file a CFPB complaint.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Going to give them a few more days to do what I asked or I'll have to file a CFPB complaint.
Does the CFPB even care about / cover reward programs? You aren't getting a new line of credit, you converted an existing credit account from one reward subprogram to another. I would be amazed if the CFBP cared about delays in that.

Chase is often taking weeks to months to approve people for credit cards these days (way longer than any other major bank). Taking many days to convert an existing card to a brand new program (that hasn't even debuted online yet) seems a very mild complaint by comparison.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 7:12 pm
Suspended

This isn't an approval though, it's a conversion which the rep said he completed when I called a week ago. I've done conversions before and all of them have been completed within 24 hours.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Why don't you, I don't know, call Chase and ask what's going on? You could also threaten to sue Chase and the CSR. That might help advance your product change.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 8:46 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
This isn't an approval though, it's a conversion which the rep said he completed when I called a week ago. I've done conversions before and all of them have been completed within 24 hours.
Dont forget to have your pocket Constitution handy when you call the CFPB. I'm sure they will be keenly interested when you cite the clause that specifies that all credit card conversions must be completed within 24 hours.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 9:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Why don't you, I don't know, call Chase and ask what's going on? You could also threaten to sue Chase and the CSR. That might help advance your product change.
I have twice. I think I included that in my OP. Each time the rep just says "I'm not sure why it's taking so long."
Old Mar 21, 2016, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by Joker0874
I got the CSP in Nov, Ink+ in Jan, Feb AA plat & IHG, Mar Hyatt and Delta Gold. Technically I am over the 5/24. My question is does the IHG and Hyatt count towards 5/24? If not I'd love to apply for the Freedom Unlimited.
ALL credit cards from ALL (not limited to chase) count towards 5/24. You might wanna go to chase branch and ask if you're approved for FU, if you are then go ahead and apply. There are some data points suggesting that preapproval sometimes overrides 5/24 rule.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 3:45 pm

Intriguing: TPG had an article about signing up for the card over the phone, but that article no longer seems to be available when browsing and searching on the site. Wonder if Chase didn't like that for some reason.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PackingIt
Intriguing: TPG had an article about signing up for the card over the phone, but that article no longer seems to be available when browsing and searching on the site. Wonder if Chase didn't like that for some reason.
Or if TPG didn't like it - no commission.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 4:57 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by PackingIt
Intriguing: TPG had an article about signing up for the card over the phone, ....
This article?

http://thepointsguy.com/2016/03/chas...imited-review/

As of today, you can now sign up for the Freedom Unlimited card at 5,400 Chase branches across the US. You’ll be able to apply online beginning in April. Also, if you have the regular Freedom card, or another no-fee Chase product, such as the regular Sapphire card, you should now be able to call the number on the back of your card and switch to Freedom Unlimited.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 5:13 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Does anyone know if I can PC my Chase Disney to this and it not count for 5/24, I am at 4 and want to apply for CSP in September so dont want to burn a 5th but but it might be easier to get this now and then maybe a freedom next year?
ETA: Just re-read and realized there is a bonus I would miss out on, scratch that idea.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 6:07 pm

Not sure if anyone posted this already, it is now available to apply in person in branch. Was in branch for totally different reason today but my banker told me so and someone just applied a few days ago with her. And that guy, according to her was beyond 5/24 rule, and somehow got approved. I didn't apply since I already have club card.

http://imgur.com/Z8NwFHd

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.