Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase card referral questions and issues [consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 11, 2022, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Warning: Generating a referral to some cards may not give the best bonus to the recipient. Check the current offer and then see what the referral offer is. One example is Marriott.

Earn Up To 75,000 Bonus Points: You can receive 15,000 bonus points for each friend you refer through this Refer-A-Friend offer (up to 5), who is approved for the card. Maximum bonus points accumulation for this offer is 75,000 bonus points. We may provide you with future opportunities to earn bonus points by referring your friends to Chase Sapphire Preferred. You may earn bonus points up to the stated maximum for each offer, however, please note that if you take advantage of multiple opportunities within one calendar year that the maximum number of bonus points that can be awarded from all referral offers is 75,000 per calendar year. In the event the bonus points you earn from all referral offers exceeds the 75,000 per calendar year limit, you may be awarded a partial amount to keep your total bonus at 75,000 bonus points. For example if you have already accumulated 70,000 bonus point from refer-a-friend offers that calendar year and the maximum is 75,000 bonus point per calendar year, then the next award will be 5,000 even if the offer states 15,000. The value of this offer or program may result in miscellaneous income received from Chase and we may be required to send you, and file with the IRS, a Form 1099-MISC (Miscellaneous Income) or Form 1042-S (Foreign Person’s U.S. Source Income Subject to Withholding) for the year in which you participate and are awarded the benefits of the offer/program. You are responsible for any tax liability related to participating in the offer/program. Please consult your personal tax advisor if you have any questions about how this could affect your taxes. This offer is subject to change and may be cancelled at any time without notice. To be eligible for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. Please allow up to 8 weeks after each new cardmember’s approval for bonus points to post to your account. Your bonus will appear on your statement as “Refer-A-Friend bonus.” You are not eligible for a referral bonus if you use your own referral URL to apply for a different card.

Due to the confidential nature of the credit approval process, we cannot disclose information on who has applied, nor will you be notified whether we approve or decline any application(s) from the individual(s) you refer.

Chase employees are not eligible to refer friends for this promotional offer.
Print Wikipost

Chase card referral questions and issues [consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2018, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by pallhedge
CSR has referrals. You can generate a link via the mobile app.
Thanks Pallhedge! I needed this today and it worked.
pallhedge likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 8:24 pm

Is this working for anyone? It doesn't look like its an option via the mobile app anymore either.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by Pkim621
Is this working for anyone? It doesn't look like its an option via the mobile app anymore either.
I tried with the app about a month ago and got a message that referrals are no longer offered (or whatever the typical wording is).
Old Dec 16, 2018, 10:39 am

CSP referral still works?

I tried referrring from the app and from chase and in both cases my friend did not get the email notification. Has this worked for anyone lately?
Old Dec 16, 2018, 2:08 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Any chance that your friend has opted out of receiving email advertising from Chase (in particular) or from merchants generally?
RNE likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by Punano
I tried referrring from the app and from chase and in both cases my friend did not get the email notification. Has this worked for anyone lately?
Don't use the email option. If it works, it could take up to a week or longer. Instead, copy the link and paste it into your own email and send that to your friend.
aSiAnRiCk likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by pallhedge
Don't use the email option. If it works, it could take up to a week or longer. Instead, copy the link and paste it into your own email and send that to your friend.
Thanks. This makes sense: Take out the uncertainty of the email route.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 10:52 am

CSP referral from CSR account?

Have you ever seen a bonus for referring someone to the CSP from the CSR?
Old Jan 9, 2019, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by iowa guy
Have you ever seen a bonus for referring someone to the CSP from the CSR?
Not possible. CSR referrals, when there is a referral promotion, only refer to the CSR. Likewise with CSP.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 3:01 am

Can I refer myself for the CSR with having the CF CFU and IHG only...Yeah I just figured I'd ask.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by Caribgrl
Can I refer myself for the CSR with having the CF CFU and IHG only...Yeah I just figured I'd ask.
No. You must have the CSR to refer to the CSR... and even if you did, there is currently no referral promotion for that card.
Caribgrl likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 3:06 pm

Programs: Olympian, no medals (non-elite status :p )
Referred 2 people to chase ink pref, back in November. One immediately accepted. One had to call recon. Only received bonus for one. Chase refuses to give second. Any way to fight this?
Old Apr 1, 2019, 1:50 pm

Does anyone have trouble seeing a referral bonus in the Rewards Activity page?

I see nothing under "Bonus from Refer-A-Business," and nothing in the line item activity. However it appears on my printed statement, and from my accounting I think I got it. Is this a known issue? Thanks.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg
Does anyone have trouble seeing a referral bonus in the Rewards Activity page?

I see nothing under "Bonus from Refer-A-Business," and nothing in the line item activity. However it appears on my printed statement, and from my accounting I think I got it. Is this a known issue? Thanks.
Known issue -- use PDF statements to count referral pts
Old Apr 4, 2019, 3:08 pm

Question United MileagePlus Explorer Business Card Referral Possible?

Is it possible to refer someone to the business mileageplus card? Can't seem to figure out how to get my referral link.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.