Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase card referral questions and issues [consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 11, 2022, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Warning: Generating a referral to some cards may not give the best bonus to the recipient. Check the current offer and then see what the referral offer is. One example is Marriott.

Earn Up To 75,000 Bonus Points: You can receive 15,000 bonus points for each friend you refer through this Refer-A-Friend offer (up to 5), who is approved for the card. Maximum bonus points accumulation for this offer is 75,000 bonus points. We may provide you with future opportunities to earn bonus points by referring your friends to Chase Sapphire Preferred. You may earn bonus points up to the stated maximum for each offer, however, please note that if you take advantage of multiple opportunities within one calendar year that the maximum number of bonus points that can be awarded from all referral offers is 75,000 per calendar year. In the event the bonus points you earn from all referral offers exceeds the 75,000 per calendar year limit, you may be awarded a partial amount to keep your total bonus at 75,000 bonus points. For example if you have already accumulated 70,000 bonus point from refer-a-friend offers that calendar year and the maximum is 75,000 bonus point per calendar year, then the next award will be 5,000 even if the offer states 15,000. The value of this offer or program may result in miscellaneous income received from Chase and we may be required to send you, and file with the IRS, a Form 1099-MISC (Miscellaneous Income) or Form 1042-S (Foreign Person’s U.S. Source Income Subject to Withholding) for the year in which you participate and are awarded the benefits of the offer/program. You are responsible for any tax liability related to participating in the offer/program. Please consult your personal tax advisor if you have any questions about how this could affect your taxes. This offer is subject to change and may be cancelled at any time without notice. To be eligible for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. Please allow up to 8 weeks after each new cardmember’s approval for bonus points to post to your account. Your bonus will appear on your statement as “Refer-A-Friend bonus.” You are not eligible for a referral bonus if you use your own referral URL to apply for a different card.

Due to the confidential nature of the credit approval process, we cannot disclose information on who has applied, nor will you be notified whether we approve or decline any application(s) from the individual(s) you refer.

Chase employees are not eligible to refer friends for this promotional offer.
Print Wikipost

Chase card referral questions and issues [consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2018, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by iowa guy
If I only have the Chase Sapphire Reserve can I refer someone to the Sapphire Preferred and be eligible for the bonus? Thanks
No. See https://www.chase.com/referafriend/catch-all
Old Jan 21, 2018, 5:32 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
Can I refer a friend for the Sapphire preferred card and still get the referral bonus if I PC to the Chase freedom before the end of this month?
Old Jan 22, 2018, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by bbriscoe34
Can I refer a friend for the Sapphire preferred card and still get the referral bonus if I PC to the Chase freedom before the end of this month?
Yes. And keep the referral link handy. You can refer for the Sapphire Preferred using that link even after you PC to Freedom. It will work until Chase requires updated links, which could be months.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 4:22 pm

Programs: UA Platinum 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
If I refer someone to the Chase Marriott Card and close my credit card before referral bonus posts, will I still get the 20K Marriott points?
Old Apr 19, 2018, 3:24 pm

Programs: British, United,SW, Delta,Iberia,KLM, Qatar, IHG, Hilton, Marriott, Starwood, Radisson, Wyndham,
How long did it take your Ink referral 20K bonus to post?

I referred my two friends to apply for the CC. Both have been approved automatically.
I would like to know how long did your referral bonus take to post? Thanks for any data point.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by Jatan
Some people are using old link after they got a new card number for fraudulent charges

If your old card is closed then the referral pts will have no where to go if you use your old link

~2 months for new cards to start working -- my timeline: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26547628-post42.html
Has anyone tried referring a friend with a closed card? Could the points go into one of your other Chase cards?
Old Jul 28, 2018, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Andrew Mao
Has anyone tried referring a friend with a closed card? Could the points go into one of your other Chase cards?
?? Here's the link. https://www.chase.com/referafriend/catch-all Give it a try. Since you have to enter the last four numbers of your now-closed-card, I can't imagine this would work.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
?? Here's the link. https://www.chase.com/referafriend/catch-all Give it a try. Since you have to enter the last four numbers of your now-closed-card, I can't imagine this would work.
It 100% generates a referral link; the question is if you would actually get the 10k UR points from it once your friend signs up.

The closed CSP shows up in my account alongside my open CSR, but I have a feeling it will never change from 0 pts.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 9:03 am

CSP, CSR, & Referral?

Hi All,
My cousin currently has the CSP (I think she got it 5 years ago) and wants to get the CSR. In order to get a signup bonus on the CSR, she would have to cancel the CSP first, right? How long would she need to wait before applying?

I have the CSR and wanted to send her a referral. But when I go here:
https://www.chase.com/referafriend/catch-all
...I can't generate a referral link. I get this message:
The Chase Sapphire Reserve® Credit Card Refer-A-Friend promotion has concluded.

So, is there no way for me to refer her? Thank you,
--Kyle
Old Sep 19, 2018, 4:51 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by kyamnitz
Hi All,
My cousin currently has the CSP (I think she got it 5 years ago) and wants to get the CSR. In order to get a signup bonus on the CSR, she would have to cancel the CSP first, right? How long would she need to wait before applying?

--Kyle
-Wrong-

Last edited by nexusCFX; Sep 19, 2018 at 6:52 am
Old Sep 19, 2018, 5:51 am

Hi All,

--Kyle
Originally Posted by nexusCFX

CSR has no referrals.
CSR has referrals. You can generate a link via the mobile app.
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 6:51 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by pallhedge
Huh, you’re right. Weird that they only got rid of it via the website.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by pallhedge
Good to know, thanks. Since she has the Sapphire Preferred (from 5 years ago), she would need to cancel it first, right? And how long should it be canceled before applying for the CSR? Thanks,
--Kyle
Old Sep 19, 2018, 9:57 am

Good to know, thanks. Since she has the Sapphire Preferred (from 5 years ago), she would need to cancel it first, right? And how long should it be canceled before applying for the CSR? Thanks,
--Kyle
ive heard a couple days is good but to be sure, a month...
Old Sep 19, 2018, 11:10 am

--Kyle
If she cancels, she should wait a month. If she does a product change, then a week is plenty. That's another in a long list of reasons why PC is better than canceling, particularly with Chase cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.