Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase card referral questions and issues [consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 11, 2022, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Warning: Generating a referral to some cards may not give the best bonus to the recipient. Check the current offer and then see what the referral offer is. One example is Marriott.

Earn Up To 75,000 Bonus Points: You can receive 15,000 bonus points for each friend you refer through this Refer-A-Friend offer (up to 5), who is approved for the card. Maximum bonus points accumulation for this offer is 75,000 bonus points. We may provide you with future opportunities to earn bonus points by referring your friends to Chase Sapphire Preferred. You may earn bonus points up to the stated maximum for each offer, however, please note that if you take advantage of multiple opportunities within one calendar year that the maximum number of bonus points that can be awarded from all referral offers is 75,000 per calendar year. In the event the bonus points you earn from all referral offers exceeds the 75,000 per calendar year limit, you may be awarded a partial amount to keep your total bonus at 75,000 bonus points. For example if you have already accumulated 70,000 bonus point from refer-a-friend offers that calendar year and the maximum is 75,000 bonus point per calendar year, then the next award will be 5,000 even if the offer states 15,000. The value of this offer or program may result in miscellaneous income received from Chase and we may be required to send you, and file with the IRS, a Form 1099-MISC (Miscellaneous Income) or Form 1042-S (Foreign Person’s U.S. Source Income Subject to Withholding) for the year in which you participate and are awarded the benefits of the offer/program. You are responsible for any tax liability related to participating in the offer/program. Please consult your personal tax advisor if you have any questions about how this could affect your taxes. This offer is subject to change and may be cancelled at any time without notice. To be eligible for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. Please allow up to 8 weeks after each new cardmember’s approval for bonus points to post to your account. Your bonus will appear on your statement as “Refer-A-Friend bonus.” You are not eligible for a referral bonus if you use your own referral URL to apply for a different card.

Due to the confidential nature of the credit approval process, we cannot disclose information on who has applied, nor will you be notified whether we approve or decline any application(s) from the individual(s) you refer.

Chase employees are not eligible to refer friends for this promotional offer.
Print Wikipost

Chase card referral questions and issues [consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2016, 11:43 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I sent referrals to myself (to get my link) - it's been taking like close to 2 weeks for these e-mails to arrive.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 10:27 am

issue with sending Chase Ink referral.

Im having trouble with referring a friend for Chase Ink plus that i received a week or so ago to get the 10k bonus points. It says 'entry not recognized' but it is working fine for my other cards (freedom, CSP).

Any advice? I contacted the secure mailing center and theyre saying some BS about the promotion not being on my account.. but its a publicly available referral program.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 11:03 am

Technically, the referral program is targeted even though a majority of accounts are able to refer. I find the cards that just arrived aren't able to log into the referral site until the next the next promotional period.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by VeryHumerus
Im having trouble with referring a friend for Chase Ink plus that i received a week or so ago to get the 10k bonus points. It says 'entry not recognized' but it is working fine for my other cards (freedom, CSP).

Any advice? I contacted the secure mailing center and theyre saying some BS about the promotion not being on my account.. but its a publicly available referral program.
Did you get a replacement ink card recently? If so, try using the last 4 digits of the old ink card. I had a similar issue and that is what Chase advised me to do. I have not tried it yet because I don't remember what the last 4 digits were.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by Tofe
Did you get a replacement ink card recently? If so, try using the last 4 digits of the old ink card. I had a similar issue and that is what Chase advised me to do. I have not tried it yet because I don't remember what the last 4 digits were.
no its my first card. i was recently approved on 3/7 though.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 9:36 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Refer a friend dead for Freedom

Since yesterday refer a friend is not working with me for Freedom
Old Apr 19, 2016, 9:39 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Southwest Plus back online

This is back online.

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/southwest/2rtfosam1

I opened a few months ago but can't seem to figure out how to do online referrals for my family. Does anyone know the procedure?
Old Apr 22, 2016, 6:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Anyone have referral points post? I should be getting 2x for CSP and 1 for Freedom. Referrals received CSP about 3-4 weeks ago.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Anyone have referral points post? I should be getting 2x for CSP and 1 for Freedom. Referrals received CSP about 3-4 weeks ago.
Curious about this as well for a CSP. I think it's been about 3 weeks now as well.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone has seen the referral bonus yet?

This referral program is a PITA. Took a doz tries and weeks, finally got 2 or 3 emails sent to myself to Yahoo/Gmail address so I could forward to friends who never receive the referral emails at any email address used.

Finally a friend got his Ink card approved around Apr 5th, without any notification, just popped up on his account (3rd Ink card for 3rd business). Never a communication to me about this. Of course nothing shows up in my UR account.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 8:33 pm

I've sent numerous referral emails that never showed up.

However, I've had some success when one person applied through an FB link and another via twitter. I did get the FB points to post on the next statement (this was last year). So far nothing on the twitter referral. I suppose I'll send a secure message to Chase if they don't show up.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 8:55 am

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
Chase freedom now has twitter/facebook referrals for me, instead of e-mail only.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 3:40 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles; Hilton HHonors; NEXUS; National Emerald Club Executive
Chase Sapphire Preferred referrals

I have a friend who's interested in the CSP as well. Another thread alluded to a referral bonus; how would I go about providing a referral to my friend? I don't see an option on Chase Online.

Do I need to be a cardholder for a certain period of time before I can provide referrals?
Old Apr 26, 2016, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by txviking
I have a friend who's interested in the CSP as well. Another thread alluded to a referral bonus; how would I go about providing a referral to my friend? I don't see an option on Chase Online.

Do I need to be a cardholder for a certain period of time before I can provide referrals?
https://www.chasereferafriend.com/
Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by txviking

https://www.chasereferafriend.com if it accepts your card info

My CSP timeline:
3/1 Applied online & auto approved
3/14 1st statement
4/14 2nd statement
4/24 Able to refer others

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.