Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase card referral questions and issues [consolidated]

Old May 11, 2022, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Warning: Generating a referral to some cards may not give the best bonus to the recipient. Check the current offer and then see what the referral offer is. One example is Marriott.

Earn Up To 75,000 Bonus Points: You can receive 15,000 bonus points for each friend you refer through this Refer-A-Friend offer (up to 5), who is approved for the card. Maximum bonus points accumulation for this offer is 75,000 bonus points. We may provide you with future opportunities to earn bonus points by referring your friends to Chase Sapphire Preferred. You may earn bonus points up to the stated maximum for each offer, however, please note that if you take advantage of multiple opportunities within one calendar year that the maximum number of bonus points that can be awarded from all referral offers is 75,000 per calendar year. In the event the bonus points you earn from all referral offers exceeds the 75,000 per calendar year limit, you may be awarded a partial amount to keep your total bonus at 75,000 bonus points. For example if you have already accumulated 70,000 bonus point from refer-a-friend offers that calendar year and the maximum is 75,000 bonus point per calendar year, then the next award will be 5,000 even if the offer states 15,000. The value of this offer or program may result in miscellaneous income received from Chase and we may be required to send you, and file with the IRS, a Form 1099-MISC (Miscellaneous Income) or Form 1042-S (Foreign Persons U.S. Source Income Subject to Withholding) for the year in which you participate and are awarded the benefits of the offer/program. You are responsible for any tax liability related to participating in the offer/program. Please consult your personal tax advisor if you have any questions about how this could affect your taxes. This offer is subject to change and may be cancelled at any time without notice. To be eligible for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. Please allow up to 8 weeks after each new cardmembers approval for bonus points to post to your account. Your bonus will appear on your statement as Refer-A-Friend bonus. You are not eligible for a referral bonus if you use your own referral URL to apply for a different card.

Due to the confidential nature of the credit approval process, we cannot disclose information on who has applied, nor will you be notified whether we approve or decline any application(s) from the individual(s) you refer.

Chase employees are not eligible to refer friends for this promotional offer.
Print Wikipost

Chase card referral questions and issues [consolidated]

Old Oct 5, 2021, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
Any recent experience with how long after a person is approved the 20K CSP referral takes to show up in the app as pending points ? Thanks
I did the C$R > PC to Freedom > new CSP churn in early July from a referral from my Wife's CSP.

I don't recall when I saw the 20k pending, (but it was before her account closed on 7/22 with the points given).
flyer4512 likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 4:54 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Chase Bonvoy Boundless Referral Bonus

The current online application offer for a Chase Bonvoy Boundless Visa is 100,000 after $3K spending.

I sent a referral to a friend but the link shows an older offer of 3 Free Nights.
He wants the current offer.

How do we ensure he gets it?
Old Feb 23, 2022, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by TaxiApple
The current online application offer for a Chase Bonvoy Boundless Visa is 100,000 after $3K spending.

I sent a referral to a friend but the link shows an older offer of 3 Free Nights.
He wants the current offer.

How do we ensure he gets it?
Can't. Try waiting a week, or so, and try the referral link again. I've seen this with other Chase cards too. If the 100K offer is new the system may take awhile to update to the new offer.
SPN Lifer, Txstars and Gilreath9 like this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 9:07 am

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
I've referred someone for the CSP and just wondering when does the referral bonus hit my account?
Old Apr 19, 2022, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by LDNConsultant
I've referred someone for the CSP and just wondering when does the referral bonus hit my account?
Usually few weeks for it to go pending in your rewards portal -- should be available for use when statement generates after that
Old Apr 25, 2022, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I generated a referral to the Freedom cards but it doesn't say what the referral bonus is. I'm guessing it's 10K UR, right?
Old Apr 25, 2022, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
I generated a referral to the Freedom cards but it doesn't say what the referral bonus is. I'm guessing it's 10K UR, right?
Yes -- you get 10k pts for making the referral

https://creditcards.chase.com/refer-a-friend
https://www.chase.com/referafriend/freedomfamily (terms at the bottom)
philemer likes this.
Old May 3, 2022, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Be careful

What a rip. My wife just generated a referral for me to the Marriott Boundless card. Current offer is 3 50K free nights. But referral goes to a previous, weaker, offer of 3 35K free nights. Yes, she'd get 40K Marriott pts but I'd rather have 3 50K FNA b/c now you can top off a FNA with up to 15K pts for a more expensive property. Come on Chase.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 3, 2022, 4:17 pm

C'mon Chase, fix your referral website...it seems to be down often.
Old May 11, 2022, 1:41 pm

Will I receive referral bonus if I product change?

Does anyone know if I'll get my referral bonus if I product change before the next statement (eg. sucessful Chase Sapphire Preferred referral yesterday but my next statement date is 6/09th--will I still get my referral bonus if I upgrade CSP to CSR before 6/09th)?
Old May 25, 2022, 5:42 pm

Applied for CSP 80k offer through P2's referral link, after I hit submit I got the "offer unavailable. The information you requested is no longer available." page, but of course upon calling the Chase app status number it said I had been approved and the bonus tracker showed up immediately for my new card. Is my P2 probably going to have to fight for their referral bonus or should it have gone through most likely even I though I received the error after submitting?
Old May 26, 2022, 8:19 am
RNE

Originally Posted by compddd
Is my P2 probably going to have to fight for their referral bonus or should it have gone through most likely even I though I received the error after submitting?
I bet it went through. In any case, have P2 hang tight until it's apparent the bonus did not posting. Only then raise a stink. Good luck.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 8:03 am

Referring to card...less SUB?

I was going to refer someone to the Chase United Business card and it looks like they (referred person) would only get 75k bonus points versus 150k bonus points if they were approved for the card without the referral.

Is this typical when referring a friend?

thanks
Old Oct 1, 2022, 11:04 am

Bumping this. Similar question - it looks like Chase upped the SUB on the Boundless to 100K within the last week or so (guessing in conjunction with the refresh?). Want to do 2P mode and refer the wife but its only showing the 3 free nights instead of 100K points when referring - worth waiting or a week or so to see if the referral switches over to 100K?
Old Oct 1, 2022, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Txstars
Bumping this. Similar question - it looks like Chase upped the SUB on the Boundless to 100K within the last week or so (guessing in conjunction with the refresh?). Want to do 2P mode and refer the wife but its only showing the 3 free nights instead of 100K points when referring - worth waiting or a week or so to see if the referral switches over to 100K?
Don't get your hopes up.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.