Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase card referral questions and issues [consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 11, 2022, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Warning: Generating a referral to some cards may not give the best bonus to the recipient. Check the current offer and then see what the referral offer is. One example is Marriott.

Earn Up To 75,000 Bonus Points: You can receive 15,000 bonus points for each friend you refer through this Refer-A-Friend offer (up to 5), who is approved for the card. Maximum bonus points accumulation for this offer is 75,000 bonus points. We may provide you with future opportunities to earn bonus points by referring your friends to Chase Sapphire Preferred. You may earn bonus points up to the stated maximum for each offer, however, please note that if you take advantage of multiple opportunities within one calendar year that the maximum number of bonus points that can be awarded from all referral offers is 75,000 per calendar year. In the event the bonus points you earn from all referral offers exceeds the 75,000 per calendar year limit, you may be awarded a partial amount to keep your total bonus at 75,000 bonus points. For example if you have already accumulated 70,000 bonus point from refer-a-friend offers that calendar year and the maximum is 75,000 bonus point per calendar year, then the next award will be 5,000 even if the offer states 15,000. The value of this offer or program may result in miscellaneous income received from Chase and we may be required to send you, and file with the IRS, a Form 1099-MISC (Miscellaneous Income) or Form 1042-S (Foreign Person’s U.S. Source Income Subject to Withholding) for the year in which you participate and are awarded the benefits of the offer/program. You are responsible for any tax liability related to participating in the offer/program. Please consult your personal tax advisor if you have any questions about how this could affect your taxes. This offer is subject to change and may be cancelled at any time without notice. To be eligible for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. Please allow up to 8 weeks after each new cardmember’s approval for bonus points to post to your account. Your bonus will appear on your statement as “Refer-A-Friend bonus.” You are not eligible for a referral bonus if you use your own referral URL to apply for a different card.

Due to the confidential nature of the credit approval process, we cannot disclose information on who has applied, nor will you be notified whether we approve or decline any application(s) from the individual(s) you refer.

Chase employees are not eligible to refer friends for this promotional offer.
Print Wikipost

Chase card referral questions and issues [consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2016, 12:38 pm

i referred a friend in dec, havent gotten anything yet for it... :\
Old Apr 29, 2016, 1:57 pm

Programs: UMP Silver and Marriott Platinum
Referral Points Posting

How long did you all have to wait until the referral points posted?

My friend that applied said she got approved 8 weeks ago, probably been 7 weeks since first purchase or so.

Thanks for any info.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 8:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by SychoSly
How long did you all have to wait until the referral points posted?

My friend that applied said she got approved 8 weeks ago, probably been 7 weeks since first purchase or so.

Thanks for any info.
I've been waiting maybe a month for both CSP and Freedom referral bonuses. Can anyone confirm how many weeks it took? Spouse's bonus points on his new Freedom showed up but not my bonus points for referring him.
Old May 12, 2016, 8:57 pm

Two friends got approved for csp over 8 weeks ago and I still have not received my bonus points. Called chase and they escalated to their marketing team...
Old May 18, 2016, 4:20 pm

Question:

Would anyone here file a CFPB complaint if Chase has repeatedly failed and refused to pay out (4) CSP referrals?

I have now literally waited 5+ months ... and their response is always a big fat no ... no matter how much time I give them.

Every time I reach out to them, at the end they always end up blaming me for "not referring correctly, if no referrals have posted" - which is nonsense - as I take full ownership in making sure my referrals apply properly using my link.
Old May 19, 2016, 10:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by wche
Two friends got approved for csp over 8 weeks ago and I still have not received my bonus points. Called chase and they escalated to their marketing team...
I've got the same. Haven't escalated yet but may have to. 20k points at stake.
Old May 21, 2016, 11:32 am

Programs: UMP Silver and Marriott Platinum
I am in the same boat as you guys. I referred two of my friends using my facebook links as the email referral is slow or not working. I sent a secure message to rewards inquiry and was told there was a delay in posting the points and that I would be receiving the points in 1-2 billing cycles.

Here is there response:

We are pleased to know that our service meets your
expectations and you have recommended Chase Sapphire
Preferred to your friends. I reviewed your account and see
that there has been a delay in posting of your bonus
points. I would like to assure you that the bonus will
post to your account in 1 to 2 billing cycles. We
appreciate your patience in this matter.

If you need any other assistance, you can send us a secure
message. We appreciate your business and thank you for
choosing Chase.
Old May 27, 2016, 8:17 am

Just wanted to offer a positive outcome. I had two referrals for CSP apply around March 24. After 1 billing statement, I sent SM and asked when bonuses would post and was told 6-8 weeks or 2 billing statements. 20k bonus points posted on my statement of May 26.

Also referred Freedom earlier in spring and those bonus points posted in 2nd billing statement also.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 9:49 pm

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
I just got both of my referral bonuses after the applicants had 2 billing cycles close. I didn't sm or anything they just showed up today.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 8:13 am

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
I have a referral bonus listed in my graph that shows how i earned my points, but it isn't posted.

I should have 3 freedom referrals and 1 CSP referrals, but it seems like only one has been posted so far. Will update once all of them go through, possibly in a billing cycle or two
Old Jun 16, 2016, 9:04 pm

Has anyone had any success with using a refer-a-friend link for an old card? I had a CSP for two years that I closed in April in order to get the sign-up bonus again. The refer-a-friend page still works for the closed card. I have no luck entering the information for my new card. I have a family member who really wants the 50k offer and I'd like to refer them... but I have a feeling I'm going to be out of luck. I've read sporadic accounts of people having success using their old link. Is there any truth to this?

Any idea when I can expect the new card to possibly be eligible? The Chase rep I spoke to was basically useless.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by Lux19
Has anyone had any success with using a refer-a-friend link for an old card? I had a CSP for two years that I closed in April in order to get the sign-up bonus again. The refer-a-friend page still works for the closed card. I have no luck entering the information for my new card. I have a family member who really wants the 50k offer and I'd like to refer them... but I have a feeling I'm going to be out of luck. I've read sporadic accounts of people having success using their old link. Is there any truth to this?

Any idea when I can expect the new card to possibly be eligible? The Chase rep I spoke to was basically useless.
Some people are using old link after they got a new card number for fraudulent charges

If your old card is closed then the referral pts will have no where to go if you use your old link

~2 months for new cards to start working -- my timeline: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26547628-post42.html
Old Jun 19, 2016, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Referred a friend on Ink in mid March. He had a deferred approval I did not know when.
3 billing cycles just passed 4/17, 5/17 and 6/17. He got the 60K on 6/17 billing cycle. I am still waiting for the 10K referral bonus.

For those who sent SM to Chase, what info you need to submit to Chase to prove you have had a referral?
Old Jun 21, 2016, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by Happy
Referred a friend on Ink in mid March. He had a deferred approval I did not know when.
3 billing cycles just passed 4/17, 5/17 and 6/17. He got the 60K on 6/17 billing cycle. I am still waiting for the 10K referral bonus.

For those who sent SM to Chase, what info you need to submit to Chase to prove you have had a referral?
The name and address of the person you referred is what they asked me. Still havent posted my points though. Said they have to escalate the ticket.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 8:31 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

I think a class action lawsuit is in order. This system is highly flawed. I have referred at least a dozen people over the years and have received exactly 1 bonus. It is time consuming to explain the benefits of these cards, get the person on board, get the email, and go through the trouble of giving referrals/following up on the delayed or missing referral emails, etc. The person is so excited to get a new card and start with miles and points, and you wait wait wait for the referral to show up at some random point in time, or never.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.