Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Marriott Bonvoy Cards, 2019 to present

Old Oct 4, 2020, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: friedablass
Moderator caution: Referral offers -or- links are NOT permitted in any thread in the Chase forum. Instead, see: Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first Please do not post ANY application links in the Wikipost or thread, even if you think they are not referral links. If you think there is an extraordinary circumstance where the link is difficult to find elsewhere, consult with a moderator before posting.

Be mindful of the the 5/24 rule for Chase, where 5 or more new credit cards in 24 months can result in an application denial. For up-to-date information, please consult the wiki at Applying for Chase PERSONAL Cards (2020-present).

Marriott cards eligibility chart:

https://frequentmiler.com/marriott-card-eligible/

PERSONAL CARD
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Visa card
https://creditcards.chase.com/travel...nvoy/boundless

100K points for making $3,000 in purchases within 3 months of opening the card. $95 annual fee, not waived the first year. 6x at Marriott, 3x on grocery/gas/dining (up to $6K/year), 2x on travel and everything else.

BUSINESS CARDS
Business card now issued by AMEX. https://creditcard.americanexpress.c...nvoy-business/

Print Wikipost

Chase Marriott Bonvoy Cards, 2019 to present

Old Apr 21, 2019, 7:58 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mia
I would not apply for a Bonvoy card because of a single Marriott stay, nor would I stay at Marriott properties just because I had a Bonvoy card. You can set your Bonvoy account to earn airline miles instead of points, pay with a general purpose card that earns (say) three points per dollar in travel category, and think about something more important.
Thank you, mia! I think I enjoyed the way you phrased your answer almost as much as I enjoyed your answer. And thanks for the link.

Now, on to thinking about something more important.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 10:45 am

I am interested in obtaining the Chase Marriott Bonvoy VISA credit card under the current 100,000 Bonus Point offer. I previously had a Chase Marriott Rewards Premier credit card for which I received intro bonus points more than 24 months ago, upgraded to the Chase Premier Plus card and received some upgrade points in August 2018, and closed that account in January 2019.

The question is whether receiving the bonus points for the 2018 upgrade precludes me from earning the current 100,000 new cardmember bonus points offer. The new cardmember bonus point offer states that it not available to previous Chase Marriott cardmembers “who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 24 months.” It also states that is not available to those who have or had an AmEx Bonvoy card and received "a new cardmember bonus or upgrade bonus in the past 24 months." This would seem to imply that receiving merely upgrade bonus points on a Chase card (as opposed to an AmEx Card) would not preclude me from the new offer.

Does anyone have experience in receiving the new cardmember bonus points from Chase who received an upgrade (as opposed to new cardmember) bonus from Chase in the past 24 months?
Old Apr 26, 2019, 2:59 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by avatexrs
I am interested in obtaining the Chase Marriott Bonvoy VISA credit card under the current 100,000 Bonus Point offer. I previously had a Chase Marriott Rewards Premier credit card for which I received intro bonus points more than 24 months ago, upgraded to the Chase Premier Plus card and received some upgrade points in August 2018, and closed that account in January 2019.

The question is whether receiving the bonus points for the 2018 upgrade precludes me from earning the current 100,000 new cardmember bonus points offer. The new cardmember bonus point offer states that it not available to previous Chase Marriott cardmembers “who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 24 months.” It also states that is not available to those who have or had an AmEx Bonvoy card and received "a new cardmember bonus or upgrade bonus in the past 24 months." This would seem to imply that receiving merely upgrade bonus points on a Chase card (as opposed to an AmEx Card) would not preclude me from the new offer.

Does anyone have experience in receiving the new cardmember bonus points from Chase who received an upgrade (as opposed to new cardmember) bonus from Chase in the past 24 months?
There should be a chart around here that shows if your eligible...Maybe someone can link to it.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 3:19 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by t1c
There should be a chart around here that shows if your eligible...Maybe someone can link to it.
https://thepointsguy.com/guide/eligi...-bonvoy-cards/

https://frequentmiler.boardingarea.c...e/#creditcards
Old Apr 26, 2019, 7:15 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Thanks MIA!
Old Apr 27, 2019, 9:50 am

Thanks for posting those links. The language there is basically the same as the language I quoted from the Chase and AmEx offer pages - Chase refers to receiving a new welcome card bonus with 24 months and AmEx refers to receiving either a new welcome card or upgrade bonus with 24 months. My question is whether this distinction is actually honored - so does anyone have experience in receiving the new cardmember bonus points from Chase who received only an upgrade bonus from Chase in the past 24 months?

I asked Chase directly in a secure message whether I eligible for 100,000 Bonus Points, and the response confirmed that the "upgrade bonus was not the same as the new account bonus offer you received when you account was opened" but that "conditions vary per product and customers may check with Marriott Rewards directly if questions about their premium eligibility."
Old Apr 27, 2019, 10:51 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
If you have an old Marriott card at end of 1st year and planning to cancel, is it worth the upgrade to Premier for 15 nights after $3k spend? And then cancel while in the AF refund period. Since both are considered the same product I take it there's no harm?
Old Apr 30, 2019, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iowa guy
Don't you have to wait a minimum time period before you can apply for a new Marriott Rewards card and get the welcome bonus?
There is no stated waiting period but Chase is slow to show your closed account as closed for at least 30-35 days (it will show on their application system as open for 30-35 days and there is no way of telling how many days to wait before applying for a new card of the same type).
Old Jun 12, 2019, 10:20 am

Does the annual 15 night credit also count towards your lifetime status bank of nights?
Old Jun 14, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Yes, the 15 nights from the credit card count toward lifetime elite status.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by darthbimmer
Yes, the 15 nights from the credit card count toward lifetime elite status.
That's great! Thank you.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Bonus points offer for Marriott cards

Via email from Chase:

Will not shift a dime of spend to the Bonvoy card for me.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 10:20 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
I agree, that's a weak offer. Half a Bonvoy point per dollar, and I have to spend $4,000 to earn it? A full extra point per dollar if I spend $10k? C'mon, Marriott, you're not really trying.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 6:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
What constitutes "Everyday Purchases"?

I already use my RC card for all my hotel stays (exceeding $10K per quarter), so this could be a free point for no change in spending habits. Can you post a link (I'm sure it's targeted but you never know).
Old Aug 1, 2019, 2:37 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
Hehe, me either. I also got an "offer" on my HHonors Amex card to earn more points by adding AUs. Because then the spend from my AU will add more points to my account. There was no bonus at all for actually adding the AU, lol.

Worthless emails...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.