Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Marriott Credit Card Offers ARCHIVED (2016-2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 20, 2016, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Please read this Wiki before posting questions in the thread.

This thread is a continuation of the pre-2016 discussion.

Note: Referrals are NOT allowed in this thread. Instead, see Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first)

The 5/24 rule for Chase, where 5 or more new accounts in 24 months can result in an application denial, appears to apply to Marriott personal cards but not the Business version of the Marriott card. For up to date information, please consult the wiki at Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward .

PERSONAL CARD
What are the current offers?

Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Visa card

Five free night Certificates for up to 50,000 points per night after making $5000 in purchases within 3 months of opening the card. $95 annual fee, not waived the first year. Certificates are valid for one year from date of issuance. 6x at Marriott, 2x on travel and everything else. There's also a host of other benefits with the Boundless.. please see the Chase link for details.

BUSINESS CARDS
Bonvoy Premiere Plus
__https://creditcards.chase.com/marriott/cardmember/premier_plus_business_benefits

Offers one free night award (up to 35K points) upon renewal and an additional free night with spend up to $60K in a year. 6x per $1 on Marriott spend, 4x on gas, restaurants, shipping and internet/cable/phone; 2x everything else

Bonvoy Business Card
__https://creditcards.chase.com/marriott/cardmember/rewards_benefits_
1x regular spend, 3x Marriott spend

Which offers are better?There is no universally correct answer. Relevant considerations include these:
  • Are you currently points-rich or cash poor? If you have 1 million Marriott points already, paying $85 for another 10K probably doesn't make sense.
  • What does your typical award redemption look like? Specifically, what yield (cents per point) do you normally get at the properties where you do award stays? Unless you're getting almost a penny a point--paying an $85 fee to buy an extra 10K points is not a good value proposition. (Adjust accordingly if you're considering paying the $99 fee for a business card with 80K bonus.)
  • Will the extra 10K put you over the top for a planned award? If getting another 10K will make the difference between having & not having enough points for an award you expect to book in the near future, taking the points generally makes sense. (Keep in mind that Marriott has added a cash & points award option for stays of 2+ nights, so you won't necessarily need the same number of points as in the past for a given award stay.)

I'm afraid to use a blind application page that doesn't list the signup bonus previously available on a now-expired landing page. How can I trust the links in the wiki?

How? The same way you'd trust the advice you're reading right now. If that makes you uneasy, OK -- but don't post in the thread asking for further reassurance. It'll be fine. Really.
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards.
Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?

Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your hotel/airline account within a few days thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending in the last 7-10 days of the statement period, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.
If I hold both personal and business Marriott cards, will I receive a 15-night credit toward status for each?

When will the Elite Night Credit for spend on the card (1 night for each $3K) appear in my account?

According to this discussion, it can take anywhere from one week to almost two months after the close of the applicable statement. There are also reports that the night posts approximately ten days after the calendar month that the $3k is reached, regardless of the statement closing date. So in this instance, if you need that night to reach status by the end of the year, the spend would need to be met by the end of November in order for the night to post in December.
How do I make a booking using a free-night cert?
Can I exchange a soon-to-expire free-night cert for points? Extend its expiration? What if the cert has already expired?
If I cancel my card after the annual free-night cert has posted, will I lose the cert?

See the wiki at Chase Free Night Certificate
Are there bonuses for signing up for the Marriott Rewards program itself?

Yes. There are two publicly available offers for new members to the Marriott Rewards program itself: If you think it's possible you will have any paid Marriott stays after you join, you should sign up for one of these offers before applying for the credit card. Make sure you give your new Marriott Rewards number on the credit card application, to tie the offers together.

Print Wikipost

Chase Marriott Credit Card Offers ARCHIVED (2016-2019)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2018, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by sfolawyer
During the brief period before the new restrictions kicked in, I closed my Premier card on a Tuesday and applied for Premier Plus on Saturday, 8/25, the last day one could get the bonus despite having previously had a Marriott branded card. I subsequently received a letter saying I was denied because I had an existing Marriott-branded account and the closed account was specifically identified by number.
Chalk up another one for the advice in the master Chase Applications thread wiki:
Chase's policy does not indicate whether there is also a minimum waiting period between cancellation and reapplication, and there is not yet sufficient anecdotal evidence from FTers to draw firm conclusions. At a minimum, a prudent churner will wait at least a week or two after cancellation before reapplying so that all of Chase's systems fully reflect that closure.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 10:26 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Marriott Premier Biz Card: Like the Color

Just received the new Marriott Premier + Biz card to replace the brown card. I like the darker color. More classic.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 12:23 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
I got in on the 100k offer a couple days before it expired. Met my min spend on 8/10/18 with statement closing on 8/27.

I have received my points for actual spend within two days of the first two statement closing, but have not received the 100k bonus points.

Should I give it another statement or is it time to call in?
Old Sep 16, 2018, 9:43 pm

Question Annual free night

Apparently I've been asleep for awhile

I tried to used my Marriott free night and I had thought that it could be used for stays in categories 1-5. So that is how I search for available rooms. When I tried to book a room, I wasn't given the option to reserve the night with my annual free-night certificate. I was only given the option to use 35,000 points.

When I looked into my account, I see that the value of the certificate is 25,000 points. Has there been a change?

Can I use my available points combined with my annual free-night for a stay?

Thanks
Old Sep 23, 2018, 6:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by iowa guy

I tried to used my Marriott free night and I had thought that it could be used for stays in categories 1-5. So that is how I search for available rooms. When I tried to book a room, I wasn't given the option to reserve the night with my annual free-night certificate. I was only given the option to use 35,000 points.

When I looked into my account, I see that the value of the certificate is 25,000 points. Has there been a change?

Thanks
The AF posted on 9/1 for my biz card, but the certificate was issued as a 25k cert on 8/31 even though the changeover to the premier benefits was 8/26. Currently have an open inquiry on the Chase side pending review about this.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by iowa guy

Thanks
Time to wake up, Rip Van Winkle. See this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...ficate-19.html Look at post 736 & wiki.

You can book one night with cert. and additional nights with points. Can't combine.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by frudd38
The AF posted on 9/1 for my biz card, but the certificate was issued as a 25k cert on 8/31 even though the changeover to the premier benefits was 8/26. Currently have an open inquiry on the Chase side pending review about this.
Same with me. $99 annual fee posted 9/1 and I have a 25K certificate added to my account that expires 9/4/19. I'm also following up with Chase.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 5:42 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Similar situation; although my annual fee hasn't posted yet, I received a 25K certificate in my account for my Marriott business card. I considered calling Marriott and asking why it wasn't 35k but since I had use for the cert at a hotel in Hong Kong that conveniently required a 25K cert, I just used the cert as issued.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by Splittin' Aces
Same with me. $99 annual fee posted 9/1 and I have a 25K certificate added to my account that expires 9/4/19. I'm also following up with Chase.
Just heard back from Chase that they had contacted Marriott and reissued me a 35K certificate. Logged onto my Marriott account to check and the previous 25K cert is gone and I now have a 35K cert. The reissue pushed out the expiration date as well to 10/9/18. Looks like it all worked out for me at least.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Just heard back from Chase that they had contacted Marriott and reissued me a 35K certificate. Logged onto my Marriott account to check and the previous 25K cert is gone and I now have a 35K cert. The reissue pushed out the expiration date as well to 10/9/18. Looks like it all worked out for me at least.
Did you do this via a SM or a phone call? What exactly did you say? My cert will be posting next month.
TIA
Old Oct 10, 2018, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
Did you do this via a SM or a phone call? What exactly did you say? My cert will be posting next month.
TIA
I did it via SM. Sent the message on 9/28 and got the final reply that the 35K cert was issued on 10/10. Below is the message that I sent via SM:

"Hello - I have the Marriott Rewards Business card. My annual fee posted on 9/1 and I was issued a 25,000 point annual certificate. I had the understanding that with the August Marriott Program change that this certificate would be a 35,000 point certificate. Could you please either issue me the 35,000 point certificate or let me know why I was issued a 25,000 point certificate? My Marriott number is XXX"
philemer likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 1:06 pm

Thanks, just checked the Marriott account and got a 35k cert exp 10/9 as well (although activity shows cancelled 25k and 35k..). Checked the Chase SM response, it basically said tough luck, inquire with Marriott lol..

I called for another account last week and the agent issued me 10k points instead of reissuing the cert, although this one was posted in July so I was glad to accept it.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 2:00 pm

Programs: US, AA, AM, BA, HH, SPG, PC, Carlson, Marriott, Choice
I just noticed that the $85 annual fee billed to my card on June 1 was refunded on my last statement. My free night cert in still showing in my account. I have no idea how this happened as I did not call in to request a fee waiver. Has anyone else noticed this?
Old Oct 22, 2018, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by aglasgow
I just noticed that the $85 annual fee billed to my card on June 1 was refunded on my last statement. My free night cert in still showing in my account. I have no idea how this happened as I did not call in to request a fee waiver. Has anyone else noticed this?
As discussed above.. you'll get a new $95 AF billed shortly.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 4:36 pm

Am I the only one not seeing the Marriott Premier Plus image when you log in at chase dot com? I just see a gray generic image with the chase logo for the card instead of the Marriott card picture as before. It was showing ok and started showing just the chase logo last night. I wonder if other people see this glitch or there's something wrong with my account.

can anyone log in to their chase account and tell me if they see their Marriott Premier Plus Rewards image or do you see a generic "chase" card image?

Thanks!

Last edited by jrc87; Oct 24, 2018 at 4:45 pm Reason: it should be premier PLUS not just premier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.