Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Marriott Credit Card Offers ARCHIVED (2016-2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 20, 2016, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Please read this Wiki before posting questions in the thread.

This thread is a continuation of the pre-2016 discussion.

Note: Referrals are NOT allowed in this thread. Instead, see Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first)

The 5/24 rule for Chase, where 5 or more new accounts in 24 months can result in an application denial, appears to apply to Marriott personal cards but not the Business version of the Marriott card. For up to date information, please consult the wiki at Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward .

PERSONAL CARD
What are the current offers?

Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Visa card

Five free night Certificates for up to 50,000 points per night after making $5000 in purchases within 3 months of opening the card. $95 annual fee, not waived the first year. Certificates are valid for one year from date of issuance. 6x at Marriott, 2x on travel and everything else. There's also a host of other benefits with the Boundless.. please see the Chase link for details.

BUSINESS CARDS
Bonvoy Premiere Plus
__https://creditcards.chase.com/marriott/cardmember/premier_plus_business_benefits

Offers one free night award (up to 35K points) upon renewal and an additional free night with spend up to $60K in a year. 6x per $1 on Marriott spend, 4x on gas, restaurants, shipping and internet/cable/phone; 2x everything else

Bonvoy Business Card
__https://creditcards.chase.com/marriott/cardmember/rewards_benefits_
1x regular spend, 3x Marriott spend

Which offers are better?There is no universally correct answer. Relevant considerations include these:
  • Are you currently points-rich or cash poor? If you have 1 million Marriott points already, paying $85 for another 10K probably doesn't make sense.
  • What does your typical award redemption look like? Specifically, what yield (cents per point) do you normally get at the properties where you do award stays? Unless you're getting almost a penny a point--paying an $85 fee to buy an extra 10K points is not a good value proposition. (Adjust accordingly if you're considering paying the $99 fee for a business card with 80K bonus.)
  • Will the extra 10K put you over the top for a planned award? If getting another 10K will make the difference between having & not having enough points for an award you expect to book in the near future, taking the points generally makes sense. (Keep in mind that Marriott has added a cash & points award option for stays of 2+ nights, so you won't necessarily need the same number of points as in the past for a given award stay.)

I'm afraid to use a blind application page that doesn't list the signup bonus previously available on a now-expired landing page. How can I trust the links in the wiki?

How? The same way you'd trust the advice you're reading right now. If that makes you uneasy, OK -- but don't post in the thread asking for further reassurance. It'll be fine. Really.
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards.
Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?

Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your hotel/airline account within a few days thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending in the last 7-10 days of the statement period, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.
If I hold both personal and business Marriott cards, will I receive a 15-night credit toward status for each?

When will the Elite Night Credit for spend on the card (1 night for each $3K) appear in my account?

According to this discussion, it can take anywhere from one week to almost two months after the close of the applicable statement. There are also reports that the night posts approximately ten days after the calendar month that the $3k is reached, regardless of the statement closing date. So in this instance, if you need that night to reach status by the end of the year, the spend would need to be met by the end of November in order for the night to post in December.
How do I make a booking using a free-night cert?
Can I exchange a soon-to-expire free-night cert for points? Extend its expiration? What if the cert has already expired?
If I cancel my card after the annual free-night cert has posted, will I lose the cert?

See the wiki at Chase Free Night Certificate
Are there bonuses for signing up for the Marriott Rewards program itself?

Yes. There are two publicly available offers for new members to the Marriott Rewards program itself: If you think it's possible you will have any paid Marriott stays after you join, you should sign up for one of these offers before applying for the credit card. Make sure you give your new Marriott Rewards number on the credit card application, to tie the offers together.

Print Wikipost

Chase Marriott Credit Card Offers ARCHIVED (2016-2019)

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2018, 9:40 am

I just cancelled my Marriott premier card. i had it for over 3 years. I plan on applying for the premier plus card. how long would you wait to apply? I also have the business Marriott also and going to just leave it alone for now.
If i wait 30 days to apply for the premier plus what are chances 100,000 point offer still available?
Old May 16, 2018, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by terrydude
I just cancelled my Marriott premier card. i had it for over 3 years. I plan on applying for the premier plus card. how long would you wait to apply? I also have the business Marriott also and going to just leave it alone for now.
If i wait 30 days to apply for the premier plus what are chances 100,000 point offer still available?
The rules for reapplying are spelled out in the wikipost of this thread:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...17-onward.html

in section 8, where it says:

• Chase's policy does not indicate whether there is also a minimum waiting period between cancellation and reapplication, and there is not yet sufficient anecdotal evidence from FTers to draw firm conclusions. At a minimum, a prudent churner will wait at least a week or two after cancellation before reapplying so that all of Chase's systems fully reflect that closure. (See first bullet point above.) At least one FTer has reported re-applying successfully 14 days after canceling the previous card.

Last edited by mia; Jul 7, 2018 at 9:04 am
Old Jul 6, 2018, 11:16 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Is there a thread dedicated to Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Credit Card ?
Old Jul 7, 2018, 7:03 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by yosithezet
Is there a thread dedicated to Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Credit Card ?
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...er-5000-a.html
Old Jul 20, 2018, 6:30 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
I got a nice letter from Chase today about the new benefits on my Marriott Rewards Premier Business Credit Card. Ironically they sent me this update a few weeks after I cancelled the card. But the earnings categories are good enough now that I'll look into signing up for another one once the 24 month exclusion on the signup bonus passes.

6x - Marriott and SPG hotels
4x - Dining, Internet, cable and phone services/purchases, Gas stations, Shipping
2x - All others

Note, the benefits changes are not all good news. While the earnings categories are getting better, the letter confirms Chase is dropping the 1 EQN/$3k spend benefit and trip cancellation/interruption insurance, price protection, and return protection.
levilevi likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 7:17 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by darthbimmer
I got a nice letter from Chase today about the new benefits on my Marriott Rewards Premier Business Credit Card. Ironically they sent me this update a few weeks after I cancelled the card. But the earnings categories are good enough now that I'll look into signing up for another one once the 24 month exclusion on the signup bonus passes.

4x - Dining, Internet, cable and phone services/purchases, Gas stations, Shipping
2x - All others

Note, the benefits changes are not all good news. While the earnings categories are getting better, the letter confirms Chase is dropping the 1 EQN/$3k spend benefit and trip cancellation/interruption insurance, price protection, and return protection.
I still do not have a letter from chase about my marriott card...
Old Jul 22, 2018, 12:24 am

After finding out that Marriott Visa card holders after Feb 2020 will no longer get CL access after meeting the appropriate spend levels , I really can't see any reason for me to have it or focus my stays on Marriott properties. Granted if I stayed that many nights it wouldn't be an issue and it's not like they're going to miss my business, but I feel like everybody made out decently on the merger except those who attained Marriott Gold through credit card spend. It's not the end of the world but it is annoying.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unless that will be really soon, I doubt you'll be able to wait for it. It's been announced that only Amex, not Chase, will have rights to market a business card in the new program. So it's quite possible that Chase will close off new applications for this business card fairly soon.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 12:39 pm

Programs: AS MVP; UA Gold; DL Gold; Marriott Titanium

2x - All others

Just received my letter from Chase outlining the new Marriott Business Credit Card. Not a bad selection of 4x categories. Always good to have additional spend options in the +3x categories.
Although, it's tough, I'm trying to stop the "3 MR: 1 SPG" way of thinking. That will be gone some merger time next month. Time to adapt my way of thinking to the new program.
nall likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by osotoc
I'm trying to stop the "3 MR: 1 SPG" way of thinking.
You shouldn't stop. The value of the currency you are earning is as important as the multiplier. For instance, I would much rather earn 3x UR points with my Sapphire Reserve than 4x Marriott points on dining.
uppereastsider likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 5:34 am

Programs: AS MVP; UA Gold; DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by pallhedge
You shouldn't stop. The value of the currency you are earning is as important as the multiplier. For instance, I would much rather earn 3x UR points with my Sapphire Reserve than 4x Marriott points on dining.
Oh, yeah, I completely get that. However, I think it will just be frustrating to compare and calculate based on a program that no longer exists, an accrual rate that no longer exists, and a transfer rate that no longer exists.
For my personal arbitrage needs, resetting myself post-merger is the best way forward. Though, I understand and respect others who will keep the multiplier going.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
You know, there were an awful lot of posts on the Marriott forum about the fear of devaluations. Well, the devaluation did occur in a way. Instead of targeting the main rewards program (whatever Marriott chooses to call it) with most of the cuts they are clamping down on all of our short cuts with the credit cards!

No rollover nights, a limit of 15 nights per year on credit cards, and their latest cc policies crack down on the frequency of credit card points bonuses. So for those of us who purposefully maximized the credit card options between AMEX and Chase, status and points will be harder to get.

My guess is that they will wait a year or two, but the larger devaluation to the new loyalty program is probably coming at some point. This is just the beginning.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 10:57 am

I just got my 100k bonus after spending only $4400. I think it was suppose to be $5k spending for the 100k bonus. Maybe, since the new Marriott 75k card is only $3k spending, there's a glitch at Chase
Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by frankhi
I just got my 100k bonus after spending only $4400. I think it was suppose to be $5k spending for the 100k bonus. Maybe, since the new Marriott 75k card is only $3k spending, there's a glitch at Chase
What is the annual fee for the 100k bonus?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by frankhi
I applied for the 75k card in April 2018 - is there a way I can change it to the 100k card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.