Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Marriott Credit Card Offers ARCHIVED (2016-2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 20, 2016, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Please read this Wiki before posting questions in the thread.

This thread is a continuation of the pre-2016 discussion.

Note: Referrals are NOT allowed in this thread. Instead, see Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first)

The 5/24 rule for Chase, where 5 or more new accounts in 24 months can result in an application denial, appears to apply to Marriott personal cards but not the Business version of the Marriott card. For up to date information, please consult the wiki at Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward .

PERSONAL CARD
What are the current offers?

Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Visa card

Five free night Certificates for up to 50,000 points per night after making $5000 in purchases within 3 months of opening the card. $95 annual fee, not waived the first year. Certificates are valid for one year from date of issuance. 6x at Marriott, 2x on travel and everything else. There's also a host of other benefits with the Boundless.. please see the Chase link for details.

BUSINESS CARDS
Bonvoy Premiere Plus
__https://creditcards.chase.com/marriott/cardmember/premier_plus_business_benefits

Offers one free night award (up to 35K points) upon renewal and an additional free night with spend up to $60K in a year. 6x per $1 on Marriott spend, 4x on gas, restaurants, shipping and internet/cable/phone; 2x everything else

Bonvoy Business Card
__https://creditcards.chase.com/marriott/cardmember/rewards_benefits_
1x regular spend, 3x Marriott spend

Which offers are better?There is no universally correct answer. Relevant considerations include these:
  • Are you currently points-rich or cash poor? If you have 1 million Marriott points already, paying $85 for another 10K probably doesn't make sense.
  • What does your typical award redemption look like? Specifically, what yield (cents per point) do you normally get at the properties where you do award stays? Unless you're getting almost a penny a point--paying an $85 fee to buy an extra 10K points is not a good value proposition. (Adjust accordingly if you're considering paying the $99 fee for a business card with 80K bonus.)
  • Will the extra 10K put you over the top for a planned award? If getting another 10K will make the difference between having & not having enough points for an award you expect to book in the near future, taking the points generally makes sense. (Keep in mind that Marriott has added a cash & points award option for stays of 2+ nights, so you won't necessarily need the same number of points as in the past for a given award stay.)

I'm afraid to use a blind application page that doesn't list the signup bonus previously available on a now-expired landing page. How can I trust the links in the wiki?

How? The same way you'd trust the advice you're reading right now. If that makes you uneasy, OK -- but don't post in the thread asking for further reassurance. It'll be fine. Really.
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards.
Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?

Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your hotel/airline account within a few days thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending in the last 7-10 days of the statement period, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.
If I hold both personal and business Marriott cards, will I receive a 15-night credit toward status for each?

When will the Elite Night Credit for spend on the card (1 night for each $3K) appear in my account?

According to this discussion, it can take anywhere from one week to almost two months after the close of the applicable statement. There are also reports that the night posts approximately ten days after the calendar month that the $3k is reached, regardless of the statement closing date. So in this instance, if you need that night to reach status by the end of the year, the spend would need to be met by the end of November in order for the night to post in December.
How do I make a booking using a free-night cert?
Can I exchange a soon-to-expire free-night cert for points? Extend its expiration? What if the cert has already expired?
If I cancel my card after the annual free-night cert has posted, will I lose the cert?

See the wiki at Chase Free Night Certificate
Are there bonuses for signing up for the Marriott Rewards program itself?

Yes. There are two publicly available offers for new members to the Marriott Rewards program itself: If you think it's possible you will have any paid Marriott stays after you join, you should sign up for one of these offers before applying for the credit card. Make sure you give your new Marriott Rewards number on the credit card application, to tie the offers together.

Print Wikipost

Chase Marriott Credit Card Offers ARCHIVED (2016-2019)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2017, 8:02 pm

Programs: Marriott, Radisson, AA, UA
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Interesting because I see it as you have to spend an additional 300% more money to get an additional 50% fewer points

Another way to view it:

Spend $3,000 and get either: 80K points or 30K points. I'll take the 80K points, thank you.
If you spend $3000 get 80K, then spend another $3000 with another card to 50k+ bonus, then yes, you are better off.

But for someone that spend $3000 to get 80k, then after that only get 1-2 pts per dollar for regular spending. Then I think this card is better for getting 4.44 points per dollar, especially for those spend over $1000+ per month.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by echip
4.44 points per dollar, especially for those spend over $1000+ per month.
I think it's better say $1000+ non category per month. 4.44 Marriott for me is ~1.5 spg, 2.2 CSR or 2.6 thankyou.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 12:47 am

Programs: Several
Just a data point on this card for the airline bonus spend category; Allegiant does not code as an airline for the 2x bonus. I purchased a ticket on Allegiant for my sister in law with this card and was surprised to see I didn't get the bonus points.

I'm assuming this is the case with all Chase cards then (where Allegiant doesn't code as an airline merchant). I'm sure it's not a huge deal for most people on FT, but I was a little frustrated.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 7:13 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
I received an email 3 weeks ago with this offer:

EARN UP TO 120,000 BONUS POINTS. That's 10 points for every $1 spent on all purchases within your first year up to $12,000 with the Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card.*Plus, $0 introductory annual fee your first year, then $85†

Seems to be the case that to get the full offer I'd need to spend $12,000 to get the 2x points then after this it goes back down to the 1x points (which is worse than my SPG Amex). However it appears to be a 40% bump on Marriott/Starwood points until I spend $12k and has no AF. Seems better than the offers listed in the wiki. I clicked through to the landing page and it doesn't re-show the t&c's - just a "tell us about yourself" landing page. How can I be sure I am getting the proper offer? Screenshotting a blank-ish page doesn't instill confidence. I do of course have the email offer from Marriott. I assume that will suffice?

Is this a good offer (better than the 80,000 bonus with AF?) Seems like I'd earn 80k + another 60k after $12k spend if I took general non-targeted offer. So that's 140k miles + $95 AF. My offer is 120k miles and no AF. I value 20,000 Marriott points at ~$180 so looks like my offer is slightly worse (by about $85). Agree/disagree?

Thinking of applying and need to decide by Nov 30. How many days in advance of Nov 30 would I need to decide (should I give them a few buffer days)?

Last edited by TravelinSperry; Nov 19, 2017 at 7:18 am
Old Nov 19, 2017, 9:54 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
I received an email 3 weeks ago with this offer:

EARN UP TO 120,000 BONUS POINTS. That's 10 points for every $1 spent on all purchases within your first year up to $12,000 with the Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card.*Plus, $0 introductory annual fee your first year, then $85†

Seems to be the case that to get the full offer I'd need to spend $12,000 to get the 2x points then after this it goes back down to the 1x points (which is worse than my SPG Amex). However it appears to be a 40% bump on Marriott/Starwood points until I spend $12k and has no AF. Seems better than the offers listed in the wiki. I clicked through to the landing page and it doesn't re-show the t&c's - just a "tell us about yourself" landing page. How can I be sure I am getting the proper offer? Screenshotting a blank-ish page doesn't instill confidence. I do of course have the email offer from Marriott. I assume that will suffice?

Is this a good offer (better than the 80,000 bonus with AF?) Seems like I'd earn 80k + another 60k after $12k spend if I took general non-targeted offer. So that's 140k miles + $95 AF. My offer is 120k miles and no AF. I value 20,000 Marriott points at ~$180 so looks like my offer is slightly worse (by about $85). Agree/disagree?

Thinking of applying and need to decide by Nov 30. How many days in advance of Nov 30 would I need to decide (should I give them a few buffer days)?
The public offer is linked below and it's for ten points per $1 spent up to $12,000. That's 120,000 points for $12K spend.

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/marriottpremier/120k

As written, I don't understand how the offer you described is different than the public offer. Your second and third paragraphs in particular are confusing....what 2X points are you referring to?

Is this better than the 80K for $3K spend offer? Not in my opinion, though others' opinion will probably differ. From my perspective, you'd have to spend $9K more to get just 40,000 more points. Would you open a new card that offered a 40,000 sign up bonus for $9K spend? (I suspect not.) You could use that extra $9K in spend to get one or two more sign up bonuses on other cards.
bbriscoe34 likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 11:02 am
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
What does 80k or even 120k Mariott points get you?

Maybe a night or two in some of their properties?
Old Nov 19, 2017, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by wco81
26k-40k SPG points that can transfer to airline partners. ^
Old Nov 19, 2017, 11:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by tmiw
26k-40k SPG points that can transfer to airline partners. ^

That doesn't seem to be a lot. So spend $3k to get 80k Mariott points which can transfer to 26k SPG points and with the 20% bonus, that's what 30k miles?

Or spend $12k to get 120k Mariott points which converts to 40K SPG points or 48k airline miles?

Lot of spending for the miles.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
That doesn't seem to be a lot. So spend $3k to get 80k Mariott points which can transfer to 26k SPG points and with the 20% bonus, that's what 30k miles?

Or spend $12k to get 120k Mariott points which converts to 40K SPG points or 48k airline miles?

Lot of spending for the miles.
I thought it was an extra 5K for every 20K transferred, though I haven't looked in a while so this may have changed.

That said, it may still have some use for those who need to top up a balance for an upcoming trip.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 3:28 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
The public offer is linked below and it's for ten points per $1 spent up to $12,000. That's 120,000 points for $12K spend.

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/marriottpremier/120k

As written, I don't understand how the offer you described is different than the public offer. Your second and third paragraphs in particular are confusing....what 2X points are you referring to?

Is this better than the 80K for $3K spend offer? Not in my opinion, though others' opinion will probably differ. From my perspective, you'd have to spend $9K more to get just 40,000 more points. Would you open a new card that offered a 40,000 sign up bonus for $9K spend? (I suspect not.) You could use that extra $9K in spend to get one or two more sign up bonuses on other cards.
It's not, it seems my offer is also a public offer.

And it appears the 80k on $3k spend it better than the emailed offer anyway by about $85 (assuming a 2.7 cent value on converted SPG points).
Old Nov 19, 2017, 4:01 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium

Five nights at the JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay resort, that's what. (100K points for five nights.)

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...a-vietnam.html
Old Nov 19, 2017, 5:14 pm
Suspended

Five nights at the JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay resort, that's what. (100K points for five nights.)

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...a-vietnam.html

Not bad. What about JW Mariotts in places like HK and Sydney?

Or the Starwood properties in places like the Grand Canal in Venice?

I haven't really stayed too much at Mariott properties over the years. Tend to try to avoid chains or those expensive 5-star showcase hotels. Of course these big chains will buy up signature hotels in many locations too.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 8:33 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
Originally Posted by Merlinrnr
I applied for the business version in branch yesterday. God bless my banker who immediately called the appropriate people when my application went pending and got me approved on the spot (after a very lengthy interrogation). Anyways the agent who approved me said it would take 2 weeks to receive the card. My banker wasn't happy with that and called another department to expedite it and was told that partner Chase cards cannot be expedited and that it would take 10 days. So unfortunately I'll have to wait, but don't know how long.
If the AF ever waived on the Business version if you apply in branch?
Old Nov 22, 2017, 2:27 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat

Your almost half way to a travel package for 7 nights and 132k in united miles...
Old Nov 23, 2017, 10:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)

This takes the cake for most uninformed question/comment I've seen on FT in some time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.