Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Marriott Credit Card Offers ARCHIVED (2016-2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 20, 2016, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Please read this Wiki before posting questions in the thread.

This thread is a continuation of the pre-2016 discussion.

Note: Referrals are NOT allowed in this thread. Instead, see Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first)

The 5/24 rule for Chase, where 5 or more new accounts in 24 months can result in an application denial, appears to apply to Marriott personal cards but not the Business version of the Marriott card. For up to date information, please consult the wiki at Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward .

PERSONAL CARD
What are the current offers?

Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Visa card

Five free night Certificates for up to 50,000 points per night after making $5000 in purchases within 3 months of opening the card. $95 annual fee, not waived the first year. Certificates are valid for one year from date of issuance. 6x at Marriott, 2x on travel and everything else. There's also a host of other benefits with the Boundless.. please see the Chase link for details.

BUSINESS CARDS
Bonvoy Premiere Plus
__https://creditcards.chase.com/marriott/cardmember/premier_plus_business_benefits

Offers one free night award (up to 35K points) upon renewal and an additional free night with spend up to $60K in a year. 6x per $1 on Marriott spend, 4x on gas, restaurants, shipping and internet/cable/phone; 2x everything else

Bonvoy Business Card
__https://creditcards.chase.com/marriott/cardmember/rewards_benefits_
1x regular spend, 3x Marriott spend

Which offers are better?There is no universally correct answer. Relevant considerations include these:
  • Are you currently points-rich or cash poor? If you have 1 million Marriott points already, paying $85 for another 10K probably doesn't make sense.
  • What does your typical award redemption look like? Specifically, what yield (cents per point) do you normally get at the properties where you do award stays? Unless you're getting almost a penny a point--paying an $85 fee to buy an extra 10K points is not a good value proposition. (Adjust accordingly if you're considering paying the $99 fee for a business card with 80K bonus.)
  • Will the extra 10K put you over the top for a planned award? If getting another 10K will make the difference between having & not having enough points for an award you expect to book in the near future, taking the points generally makes sense. (Keep in mind that Marriott has added a cash & points award option for stays of 2+ nights, so you won't necessarily need the same number of points as in the past for a given award stay.)

I'm afraid to use a blind application page that doesn't list the signup bonus previously available on a now-expired landing page. How can I trust the links in the wiki?

How? The same way you'd trust the advice you're reading right now. If that makes you uneasy, OK -- but don't post in the thread asking for further reassurance. It'll be fine. Really.
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards.
Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?

Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your hotel/airline account within a few days thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending in the last 7-10 days of the statement period, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.
If I hold both personal and business Marriott cards, will I receive a 15-night credit toward status for each?

When will the Elite Night Credit for spend on the card (1 night for each $3K) appear in my account?

According to this discussion, it can take anywhere from one week to almost two months after the close of the applicable statement. There are also reports that the night posts approximately ten days after the calendar month that the $3k is reached, regardless of the statement closing date. So in this instance, if you need that night to reach status by the end of the year, the spend would need to be met by the end of November in order for the night to post in December.
How do I make a booking using a free-night cert?
Can I exchange a soon-to-expire free-night cert for points? Extend its expiration? What if the cert has already expired?
If I cancel my card after the annual free-night cert has posted, will I lose the cert?

See the wiki at Chase Free Night Certificate
Are there bonuses for signing up for the Marriott Rewards program itself?

Yes. There are two publicly available offers for new members to the Marriott Rewards program itself: If you think it's possible you will have any paid Marriott stays after you join, you should sign up for one of these offers before applying for the credit card. Make sure you give your new Marriott Rewards number on the credit card application, to tie the offers together.

Print Wikipost

Chase Marriott Credit Card Offers ARCHIVED (2016-2019)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2017, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by phant0m
Mariott Business at 80k a good deal to sign up now? Well over 5/24.
There was a 100k sign up offer last year.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 12:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
Is the AF waived if you apply In Branch for either Personal or Biz Marriott card?
Old Jun 14, 2017, 3:01 pm

Does anyone know when the anniversary free night (cat 1-5) for Chase Marriott Biz card get posted? Is it the same time as when your AF posts?

Thanks
Old Jun 16, 2017, 10:25 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by gnomey
Does anyone know when the anniversary free night (cat 1-5) for Chase Marriott Biz card get posted? Is it the same time as when your AF posts? Thanks
Last year my business card free night cert posted on July 13, 2016 and the annual fee was billed on August 1, 2016.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 2:07 pm

Data point on the question of whether you get 2x15-night credits if you hold both Chase cards (personal & biz):
  • Held personal card until earlier this year (closed ~May 2017)
  • Recently approved for biz card
  • Currently showing 30 nights credited for this year
I'm amused that I learned about this via an email from SPG informing me I'd earned SPG Gold (i.e., automatic match from Marriott Gold earned with the help of 23 rollover nights from last year tacked onto the other 30). God, I love this game.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:34 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by beltway
Data point on the question of whether you get 2x15-night credits if you hold both Chase cards (personal & biz):
  • Held personal card until earlier this year (closed ~May 2017)
  • Recently approved for biz card
  • Currently showing 30 nights credited for this year
Thank you for posting this. I hope to be getting a business card soon, and already have the personal card. There have been several posts saying that some people haven't gotten the 15 nights for each card. I think this may be because Marriott has issues processing 2 identical transactions that happen close together.

For example, I had 2 Hertz rentals during the same week that each qualified for a 2000 MR point bonus. Only one bonus posted. Hertz said both bonuses were reported to Marriott. Since the bonuses were identical, the Marriott computer deleted one of them as a duplicate. Several weeks and multiple phone calls later, a MR customer service agent finally just gave me 2000 goodwill points. It never did post correctly.

So my theory is that you had enough time between the 15 night credits for each card so that the Marriott computer didn't see it as a duplicate.

Just my thoughts...
Old Aug 10, 2017, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
I hold the US Marriott Visa personal, US Marriott Visa business and the Canadian Marriott Visa (all currently in their first year, got them only for the sign-up bonuses), and have 45 nights. I already hold Marriott Gold through Amex Plat, so the nights are not useful to me except as a data point
Old Aug 10, 2017, 4:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by nabeelj
I already hold Marriott Gold through Amex Plat, so the nights are not useful to me except as a data point
30 more for Marriott Plat. That's worth it IMO.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 6:58 pm

Wiki offer still valid

SUMMER 2017 update: In the Wiki the offer "Two initial cat 1-5 certs + $200 credit (both contingent on $3k spend/3mos) + 7.5K AU, AF waived first year" is still valid if you click on the application link. Ignore the landing page link which, when clicked, says offer no longer valid. I confirmed details of the offer via secure message after approval. They are identical to what is stated in the Wiki (though the CHASE application page does not show them).
Old Aug 17, 2017, 8:46 am
formerly known as s2kdriver80

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, Amex MR, Chase UR
Question Turnaround time re: Chase Marriott card

I applied and was approved for the Chase Marriott card. The rep stated that it could take up to two weeks for Marriott to first run some verification checks before shipping out the card. I'll be out of the country in two weeks and concerned it may not get here in time.

Does it really take that long for Marriott to run their checks? Unless there's some inefficient human intervention involved or a poorly designed interface between systems, can't fathom how things like this aren't automated and instantaneous. Seeing how it inefficiently takes Marriott two days or so to accept UR points transfers, I guess par for the course?

How long did you guys have to wait? Thanks.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by s2kdriver80
I applied and was approved for the Chase Marriott card. The rep stated that it could take up to two weeks for Marriott to first run some verification checks before shipping out the card. I'll be out of the country in two weeks and concerned it may not get here in time.

Does it really take that long for Marriott to run their checks? Unless there's some inefficient human intervention involved or a poorly designed interface between systems, can't fathom how things like this aren't automated and instantaneous. Seeing how it inefficiently takes Marriott two days or so to accept UR points transfers, I guess par for the course?

How long did you guys have to wait? Thanks.
I applied for the business version in branch yesterday. God bless my banker who immediately called the appropriate people when my application went pending and got me approved on the spot (after a very lengthy interrogation). Anyways the agent who approved me said it would take 2 weeks to receive the card. My banker wasn't happy with that and called another department to expedite it and was told that partner Chase cards cannot be expedited and that it would take 10 days. So unfortunately I'll have to wait, but don't know how long.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by Merlinrnr
I applied for the business version in branch yesterday. God bless my banker who immediately called the appropriate people when my application went pending and got me approved on the spot (after a very lengthy interrogation). Anyways the agent who approved me said it would take 2 weeks to receive the card. My banker wasn't happy with that and called another department to expedite it and was told that partner Chase cards cannot be expedited and that it would take 10 days. So unfortunately I'll have to wait, but don't know how long.
Same thing I was told. Chase and their partners need to work on streamlining their processes.

Even though they state two weeks, I'm curious what the real world turnaround time typically is, hence my post. I'm hoping that the two weeks is just a conservative estimate and most people get it sooner. I leave for overseas in two weeks.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by Merlinrnr
My banker wasn't happy with that and called another department to expedite it and was told that partner Chase cards cannot be expedited and that it would take 10 days.
Given that my Marriott biz card was expedited to me the day after approval (~2 weeks ago), I'm comfortable saying that this is a crock.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 1:26 pm

Given that my Marriott biz card was expedited to me the day after approval (~2 weeks ago), I'm comfortable saying that this is a crock.
My rep said they would expedite the shipping once past the Marriott verification phase, not that it helps much since most of the time is wasted on Marriott's end. I guess they have to verify that the Marriott rewards number you provided on the app matches up with your personal details, etc? Hopefully the two weeks is just a conservative estimate (underpromise/overdeliver type of thing).
Old Aug 17, 2017, 1:45 pm

Well I was listening to the conversations and both agents have the same reason. I'm hoping it gets to me sooner though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.