Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Marriott Credit Card Offers ARCHIVED (2016-2019)

Old Feb 20, 2016, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Please read this Wiki before posting questions in the thread.

This thread is a continuation of the pre-2016 discussion.

Note: Referrals are NOT allowed in this thread. Instead, see Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first)

The 5/24 rule for Chase, where 5 or more new accounts in 24 months can result in an application denial, appears to apply to Marriott personal cards but not the Business version of the Marriott card. For up to date information, please consult the wiki at Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward .

PERSONAL CARD
What are the current offers?

Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Visa card

Five free night Certificates for up to 50,000 points per night after making $5000 in purchases within 3 months of opening the card. $95 annual fee, not waived the first year. Certificates are valid for one year from date of issuance. 6x at Marriott, 2x on travel and everything else. There's also a host of other benefits with the Boundless.. please see the Chase link for details.

BUSINESS CARDS
Bonvoy Premiere Plus
__https://creditcards.chase.com/marriott/cardmember/premier_plus_business_benefits

Offers one free night award (up to 35K points) upon renewal and an additional free night with spend up to $60K in a year. 6x per $1 on Marriott spend, 4x on gas, restaurants, shipping and internet/cable/phone; 2x everything else

Bonvoy Business Card
__https://creditcards.chase.com/marriott/cardmember/rewards_benefits_
1x regular spend, 3x Marriott spend

Which offers are better?There is no universally correct answer. Relevant considerations include these:
  • Are you currently points-rich or cash poor? If you have 1 million Marriott points already, paying $85 for another 10K probably doesn't make sense.
  • What does your typical award redemption look like? Specifically, what yield (cents per point) do you normally get at the properties where you do award stays? Unless you're getting almost a penny a point--paying an $85 fee to buy an extra 10K points is not a good value proposition. (Adjust accordingly if you're considering paying the $99 fee for a business card with 80K bonus.)
  • Will the extra 10K put you over the top for a planned award? If getting another 10K will make the difference between having & not having enough points for an award you expect to book in the near future, taking the points generally makes sense. (Keep in mind that Marriott has added a cash & points award option for stays of 2+ nights, so you won't necessarily need the same number of points as in the past for a given award stay.)

I'm afraid to use a blind application page that doesn't list the signup bonus previously available on a now-expired landing page. How can I trust the links in the wiki?

How? The same way you'd trust the advice you're reading right now. If that makes you uneasy, OK -- but don't post in the thread asking for further reassurance. It'll be fine. Really.
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards.
Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?

Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your hotel/airline account within a few days thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending in the last 7-10 days of the statement period, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.
If I hold both personal and business Marriott cards, will I receive a 15-night credit toward status for each?

When will the Elite Night Credit for spend on the card (1 night for each $3K) appear in my account?

According to this discussion, it can take anywhere from one week to almost two months after the close of the applicable statement. There are also reports that the night posts approximately ten days after the calendar month that the $3k is reached, regardless of the statement closing date. So in this instance, if you need that night to reach status by the end of the year, the spend would need to be met by the end of November in order for the night to post in December.
How do I make a booking using a free-night cert?
Can I exchange a soon-to-expire free-night cert for points? Extend its expiration? What if the cert has already expired?
If I cancel my card after the annual free-night cert has posted, will I lose the cert?

See the wiki at Chase Free Night Certificate
Are there bonuses for signing up for the Marriott Rewards program itself?

Yes. There are two publicly available offers for new members to the Marriott Rewards program itself: If you think it's possible you will have any paid Marriott stays after you join, you should sign up for one of these offers before applying for the credit card. Make sure you give your new Marriott Rewards number on the credit card application, to tie the offers together.

Print Wikipost

Chase Marriott Credit Card Offers ARCHIVED (2016-2019)

Old Feb 14, 2016, 3:48 pm

Programs: MM / UA 1K
Originally Posted by flyer4512
Does the 70K card give you 7500 points for adding an AU ? If not you need to factor that into you decision as it's now 87,500 points vs 70K.

Since I won't be able to get this card again I am taking the 17,500 points.
Yes, the 70K offer also includes 7500 points for adding an AU.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by konoyaro
Yes, the 70K offer also includes 7500 points for adding an AU.
No AF the first year? And possible the Cat 4 cert upon approval?

If there is such an offer then this is a winner over all other offers in my book.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
No AF the first year? And possible the Cat 4 cert upon approval?

If there is such an offer then this is a winner over all other offers in my book.
no cert until anniversary.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sig05
no cert until anniversary.
Fair enough. The Cat 4 cert is very hard to use. 7500 pts may be better than the cert for many people's travel needs. I know I would trade in a Cat 4 cert for the points if that is possible.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 6:27 am
Suspended

On the Marriott Biz card, do you get any points for adding an AU or employee?
Old Feb 15, 2016, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TMM1982
On the Marriott Biz card, do you get any points for adding an AU or employee?
No.

Same can be said for the UA Biz card.

There was a 70K first year fee waived and Cat 4 cert for the biz card a few months ago.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 12:02 pm

Programs: seeking best cc sign-up & spend bonus offers
Just got accepted 80K $85 personal MR Visa
after wiki online app., got "reviewing" email,
called recon. to get verified...
(despite violating 5/24 rule!!!??? see below)
(CC APPL HISTORY REMOVED DUE TO LACK OF RESPONSE)

Want to also apply busn version but confused
as my app. history since Feb 2014 shows
way over Chase 5/24 Rule, right????

Last edited by TravelPhotographer; Feb 20, 2016 at 10:38 am
Old Feb 16, 2016, 3:37 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
Thanks. Just applied and got "We need to review your application a little longer." This is my first app since retiring, and I suspect retirement + corresponding reduced "income" may be the issue.
So I called Chase today, and persisted in discussing the app with someone because of the time constraint. Agent was going to connect me to a loan officer (pretty sure that's what he said) but changed that to a verification officer. The latter, after getting my name and SSN, said he needed to verify my identity by texting a code; I told him the phone number (which was on my app and the number I called from), he texted, I read off the code to him, and he approved the app.

Not at all the process I expected, but whatever.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 8:57 pm

Still pending

Applied for the personal card some days ago and got the 7-10 day review msg. Called recon line several times and cant get to speak to anybody that can review my app. They keep telling me I just have to wait. Has anybody gone through this? Any advise?
Old Feb 16, 2016, 9:10 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by jorgerivero
Applied for the personal card some days ago and got the 7-10 day review msg. Called recon line several times and cant get to speak to anybody that can review my app. They keep telling me I just have to wait. Has anybody gone through this? Any advise?
My fiancee just went through the same thing recently with the 70k offer. Chase said it was in marriotts hands for approval. (why? I have no clue) but it took the 10 days and then we had to call them to rush us a card after it was approved because we were literally waiting for it to purchase plane tickets to help with the spending. We were annoyed that it took so long. Other chase cards I've had approve faster. So perhaps there is something Marriott has to approve?????
Old Feb 17, 2016, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
Why would having either card have any impact on the anniversary cert for the other? (Answer: it doesn't.)
it did for the signup bonus certs..I got one for personal and was supposed to get 2 for business, but they said since I already got 1 for the personal card they could only give one more for the business card...fulfillment was from Marriott , not chase.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 3:22 pm

crap just applied and got the following:

We'll let you know our decision in writing as soon as we can. If we approve your application, you'll receive your card in the mail in 7-10 business days. Please don't resubmit your application.

Thanks for choosing Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card.

Wonder if I didn't add the authorized user if I would be approved instantly.....

Used the link from my Marriott account to apply.

Last Chase card was May 2015 for the United Explorer.

Not calling in don't have a good feeling about this. 5 personal and 1 biz card applied within 6 months.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wise2u
it did for the signup bonus certs..I got one for personal and was supposed to get 2 for business, but they said since I already got 1 for the personal card they could only give one more for the business card...fulfillment was from Marriott , not chase.
Exactly.

Better than what they (Marriott) treated me. A year ago I was cheated out the cert for the biz card because I had a cert from personal card a few years ago. All Marriott would give, was 5K courtesy pts. Since that bitter experience, Marriott hardly sees my hotel dollars except LNFs.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 4:06 pm

yeah, but...

This is the highest business bonus I've seen. I just checked my records to find that my bonus points (30K) posted to my statement that ended 2/19/14. Since they won't give me a CSP with 6 in 24, I'm hoping they will give me the business and personal marriotts again... getting both would jack me up to Ritz level points for the 7 day vacation packs. I can probably even get the Ritz card again this fall, I'm betting they wont apply the 5/24 rule if I pay the $450 AF.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by RedElmo
My fiancee just went through the same thing recently with the 70k offer. Chase said it was in marriotts hands for approval. (why? I have no clue) but it took the 10 days and then we had to call them to rush us a card after it was approved because we were literally waiting for it to purchase plane tickets to help with the spending. We were annoyed that it took so long. Other chase cards I've had approve faster. So perhaps there is something Marriott has to approve?????
That sounds weird...I don't think Marriott has any saying in approving Chase cards. How did you find out she was approved?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.