Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Marriott Credit Card Offers ARCHIVED (2016-2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 20, 2016, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Please read this Wiki before posting questions in the thread.

This thread is a continuation of the pre-2016 discussion.

Note: Referrals are NOT allowed in this thread. Instead, see Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first)

The 5/24 rule for Chase, where 5 or more new accounts in 24 months can result in an application denial, appears to apply to Marriott personal cards but not the Business version of the Marriott card. For up to date information, please consult the wiki at Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward .

PERSONAL CARD
What are the current offers?

Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Visa card

Five free night Certificates for up to 50,000 points per night after making $5000 in purchases within 3 months of opening the card. $95 annual fee, not waived the first year. Certificates are valid for one year from date of issuance. 6x at Marriott, 2x on travel and everything else. There's also a host of other benefits with the Boundless.. please see the Chase link for details.

BUSINESS CARDS
Bonvoy Premiere Plus
__https://creditcards.chase.com/marriott/cardmember/premier_plus_business_benefits

Offers one free night award (up to 35K points) upon renewal and an additional free night with spend up to $60K in a year. 6x per $1 on Marriott spend, 4x on gas, restaurants, shipping and internet/cable/phone; 2x everything else

Bonvoy Business Card
__https://creditcards.chase.com/marriott/cardmember/rewards_benefits_
1x regular spend, 3x Marriott spend

Which offers are better?There is no universally correct answer. Relevant considerations include these:
  • Are you currently points-rich or cash poor? If you have 1 million Marriott points already, paying $85 for another 10K probably doesn't make sense.
  • What does your typical award redemption look like? Specifically, what yield (cents per point) do you normally get at the properties where you do award stays? Unless you're getting almost a penny a point--paying an $85 fee to buy an extra 10K points is not a good value proposition. (Adjust accordingly if you're considering paying the $99 fee for a business card with 80K bonus.)
  • Will the extra 10K put you over the top for a planned award? If getting another 10K will make the difference between having & not having enough points for an award you expect to book in the near future, taking the points generally makes sense. (Keep in mind that Marriott has added a cash & points award option for stays of 2+ nights, so you won't necessarily need the same number of points as in the past for a given award stay.)

I'm afraid to use a blind application page that doesn't list the signup bonus previously available on a now-expired landing page. How can I trust the links in the wiki?

How? The same way you'd trust the advice you're reading right now. If that makes you uneasy, OK -- but don't post in the thread asking for further reassurance. It'll be fine. Really.
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards.
Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?

Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your hotel/airline account within a few days thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending in the last 7-10 days of the statement period, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.
If I hold both personal and business Marriott cards, will I receive a 15-night credit toward status for each?

When will the Elite Night Credit for spend on the card (1 night for each $3K) appear in my account?

According to this discussion, it can take anywhere from one week to almost two months after the close of the applicable statement. There are also reports that the night posts approximately ten days after the calendar month that the $3k is reached, regardless of the statement closing date. So in this instance, if you need that night to reach status by the end of the year, the spend would need to be met by the end of November in order for the night to post in December.
How do I make a booking using a free-night cert?
Can I exchange a soon-to-expire free-night cert for points? Extend its expiration? What if the cert has already expired?
If I cancel my card after the annual free-night cert has posted, will I lose the cert?

See the wiki at Chase Free Night Certificate
Are there bonuses for signing up for the Marriott Rewards program itself?

Yes. There are two publicly available offers for new members to the Marriott Rewards program itself: If you think it's possible you will have any paid Marriott stays after you join, you should sign up for one of these offers before applying for the credit card. Make sure you give your new Marriott Rewards number on the credit card application, to tie the offers together.

Print Wikipost

Chase Marriott Credit Card Offers ARCHIVED (2016-2019)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2018, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by nall
YMMV, but a lot of people report being able to get 30 elite qualifying nights from holding both the personal and business cards.
Apparently this is explicitly disallowed next year.

"You will receive a maximum of 15 Elite Night credits per calendar year even if you have more than one Marriott Rewards, Starwood Preferred Guest, or The Ritz-Carlton Rewards Consumer or Small Business credit card account or have more than one Marriott Loyalty Program account."

Guess I'll be closing a few accounts?
Old Apr 16, 2018, 4:11 pm

Should I apply to the current Marriott card or wait until May 3 for the new card?
Wonder if they have an upgrade bonus point offer as the new card seems to have a 100k pt bonus.

tks
Old Apr 16, 2018, 4:34 pm

Can anyone confirm the Business card still receives the 15 night credit for new applications? I looked on the application page but couldn't find a reference in the terms. I'm over 5/24 and can't get the personal version. Thanks.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HawaiiO
Should I apply to the current Marriott card or wait until May 3 for the new card?
Wonder if they have an upgrade bonus point offer as the new card seems to have a 100k pt bonus.

tks
It depends on what you want after a year and how much you want elite nights.

The new card with the $10 higher annual fee apparently will have an annual free nigh certificate usable for the equivalent of up to 35k points, while the current card is only up to 25k points.

OTOH, it doesn't mention 1 elite night for each $3000 in spend, so I don't know if it'll not have that or if it's just an oversight in the current terse summary of benefits.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
OTOH, it doesn't mention 1 elite night for each $3000 in spend, so I don't know if it'll not have that or if it's just an oversight in the current terse summary of benefits.
It's not in the T&C either (and there are some other benefits of other cards only mentioned there), so I'm guessing it's gone.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 8:36 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Marriott Platinum; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nall
It's not in the T&C either (and there are some other benefits of other cards only mentioned there), so I'm guessing it's gone.
Looks gone to me... and without that I'm a no-go for upgrading to the new card. Just hoping that we don't all get "auto approved" to the new card. The night bonus for $3k spend is huge for me.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 6:08 am

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
The application link for the 120k Marriott Rewards Premier card is still up. Think they'll honor it or will I get stuck with the 75k offer? Nothing is listed on the app page T&C.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 7:30 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by bigshooter
The application link for the 120k Marriott Rewards Premier card is still up. Think they'll honor it or will I get stuck with the 75k offer? Nothing is listed on the app page T&C.
If it's still up, I'd take screenshots and apply... they shouldn't be able to legally not honor if that's what you see when you enroll.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 8:29 am

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
If it's still up, I'd take screenshots and apply... they shouldn't be able to legally not honor if that's what you see when you enroll.
I didn't post clearly, the application page link is up, but not the landing page. There's no way to figure out what they will give you from what the app page says.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 11:55 am

Curious to hear people's thoughts on the new Marriott card that comes with a 100k bonus if you hit the requirements. The rules stipulate you are not eligible for the bonus if you own the Marriott Premier Credit Card or you've received their signup bonus in the last 24 months.

With that said, if I cancelled my premier credit card now (had it for 3+ yrs) and then signed up for the new one, would I still be eligible for the 100k bonus? Trying to see if there's a loophole here.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: WN A&cp, SPGplat
Originally Posted by OtherDave
Looks gone to me... and without that I'm a no-go for upgrading to the new card. Just hoping that we don't all get "auto approved" to the new card. The night bonus for $3k spend is huge for me.
Unlike the terms for other benefits, when referring to the night/$3k, T&C for the old card state: "We reserve the right to change or end this offer at any time." It's possible that "any time" may not be that far off.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by HawaiiO

tks
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian320
Curious to hear people's thoughts on the new Marriott card that comes with a 100k bonus if you hit the requirements. The rules stipulate you are not eligible for the bonus if you own the Marriott Premier Credit Card or you've received their signup bonus in the last 24 months.

With that said, if I cancelled my premier credit card now (had it for 3+ yrs) and then signed up for the new one, would I still be eligible for the 100k bonus? Trying to see if there's a loophole here.
There is a Chase webpage on the new card. Under the FAQ, it states this:

What if I have an existing Chase Marriott Rewards® Registered Trademark Premier Credit Card?
Thank you for your cardmembership. Cardmembers can have either the Marriott Rewards Premier credit card or the Marriott Rewards Premier Plus credit card. We will be offering points to upgrade to the new Marriott Rewards® Registered Trademark Premier Plus card. Check back on May 3rd.
I have the Premier card as well. Before I make a choice on what to do next, I am going to wait to see what the terms are to upgrade the existing card. I have no idea if it will be 3K or 50K, etc. But I am going to weigh that option against closing the existing card and applying for a new one that would count towards 5/24.

Here is the link to the page from Chase. Again, this is in the FAQ.

Marriott Premier Plus Card
Old Apr 19, 2018, 9:56 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by jeanie
There is a Chase webpage on the new card. Under the FAQ, it states this:

I have the Premier card as well. Before I make a choice on what to do next, I am going to wait to see what the terms are to upgrade the existing card. I have no idea if it will be 3K or 50K, etc. But I am going to weigh that option against closing the existing card and applying for a new one that would count towards 5/24.

Here is the link to the page from Chase. Again, this is in the FAQ.

Marriott Premier Plus Card
Did anyone see an offer for points as opposed to the $200 statement credit when it comes to upgrading?
Old Apr 21, 2018, 11:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by t1c
Did anyone see an offer for points as opposed to the $200 statement credit when it comes to upgrading?
a 50k upgrade offer would be nice but I don’t mind canceling my current Marriott card to then reapply and get 100k 😎
Old Apr 22, 2018, 3:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
Can I still earn more nights via $3000 per night credit in addition to 15N credit this year?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.