Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Marriott Credit Card Offers ARCHIVED (2016-2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 20, 2016, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Please read this Wiki before posting questions in the thread.

This thread is a continuation of the pre-2016 discussion.

Note: Referrals are NOT allowed in this thread. Instead, see Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first)

The 5/24 rule for Chase, where 5 or more new accounts in 24 months can result in an application denial, appears to apply to Marriott personal cards but not the Business version of the Marriott card. For up to date information, please consult the wiki at Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward .

PERSONAL CARD
What are the current offers?

Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Visa card

Five free night Certificates for up to 50,000 points per night after making $5000 in purchases within 3 months of opening the card. $95 annual fee, not waived the first year. Certificates are valid for one year from date of issuance. 6x at Marriott, 2x on travel and everything else. There's also a host of other benefits with the Boundless.. please see the Chase link for details.

BUSINESS CARDS
Bonvoy Premiere Plus
__https://creditcards.chase.com/marriott/cardmember/premier_plus_business_benefits

Offers one free night award (up to 35K points) upon renewal and an additional free night with spend up to $60K in a year. 6x per $1 on Marriott spend, 4x on gas, restaurants, shipping and internet/cable/phone; 2x everything else

Bonvoy Business Card
__https://creditcards.chase.com/marriott/cardmember/rewards_benefits_
1x regular spend, 3x Marriott spend

Which offers are better?There is no universally correct answer. Relevant considerations include these:
  • Are you currently points-rich or cash poor? If you have 1 million Marriott points already, paying $85 for another 10K probably doesn't make sense.
  • What does your typical award redemption look like? Specifically, what yield (cents per point) do you normally get at the properties where you do award stays? Unless you're getting almost a penny a point--paying an $85 fee to buy an extra 10K points is not a good value proposition. (Adjust accordingly if you're considering paying the $99 fee for a business card with 80K bonus.)
  • Will the extra 10K put you over the top for a planned award? If getting another 10K will make the difference between having & not having enough points for an award you expect to book in the near future, taking the points generally makes sense. (Keep in mind that Marriott has added a cash & points award option for stays of 2+ nights, so you won't necessarily need the same number of points as in the past for a given award stay.)

I'm afraid to use a blind application page that doesn't list the signup bonus previously available on a now-expired landing page. How can I trust the links in the wiki?

How? The same way you'd trust the advice you're reading right now. If that makes you uneasy, OK -- but don't post in the thread asking for further reassurance. It'll be fine. Really.
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards.
Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?

Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your hotel/airline account within a few days thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending in the last 7-10 days of the statement period, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.
If I hold both personal and business Marriott cards, will I receive a 15-night credit toward status for each?

When will the Elite Night Credit for spend on the card (1 night for each $3K) appear in my account?

According to this discussion, it can take anywhere from one week to almost two months after the close of the applicable statement. There are also reports that the night posts approximately ten days after the calendar month that the $3k is reached, regardless of the statement closing date. So in this instance, if you need that night to reach status by the end of the year, the spend would need to be met by the end of November in order for the night to post in December.
How do I make a booking using a free-night cert?
Can I exchange a soon-to-expire free-night cert for points? Extend its expiration? What if the cert has already expired?
If I cancel my card after the annual free-night cert has posted, will I lose the cert?

See the wiki at Chase Free Night Certificate
Are there bonuses for signing up for the Marriott Rewards program itself?

Yes. There are two publicly available offers for new members to the Marriott Rewards program itself: If you think it's possible you will have any paid Marriott stays after you join, you should sign up for one of these offers before applying for the credit card. Make sure you give your new Marriott Rewards number on the credit card application, to tie the offers together.

Print Wikipost

Chase Marriott Credit Card Offers ARCHIVED (2016-2019)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2018, 8:34 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Yes, it was $5k. No difference to me. Trying to ascertain if it's worth waiting ~60 days if Marriott usually comes out with these higher offers or if it was a one off for 2017.
So funny, here I was asking about new offers and one came in tonight:EARN 75,000 BONUS POINTSAfter you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening* with the Marriott Rewards®Premier Credit Card. $0 annual fee first year, $85 thereafter
Old Jan 24, 2018, 11:14 am

What have your experiences been with the time involved to receive a referral bonus with the Marriot card? Referred my wife yesterday and she got instant approval. I know it said 6 to 8 weeks but I am looking for your experiences. Thanks

Last edited by 2RETIREDTRAVELERS; Jan 29, 2018 at 10:00 am
Old Feb 4, 2018, 1:04 pm

Matched from 80k to 120k "Richer Premier"

Has anyone had any luck getting the "Richer Premier Matched" offer? I called and they said "sure thing" then they sent me a letter in the mail and it said no dice because we don't want to.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 12:07 pm

To answer my own question and a data point for others

Originally Posted by 2RETIREDTRAVELERS
What have your experiences been with the time involved to receive a referral bonus with the Marriot card? Referred my wife yesterday and she got instant approval. I know it said 6 to 8 weeks but I am looking for your experiences. Thanks
To answer my own question and a data point for others it took 27 days for the bonus to be applied to my account after my wifes auto approval.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
The 120k offer is dead!? Just when I finally get to 24 months since last bonus received...
Old Mar 1, 2018, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by msp3
The 120k offer is dead!? Just when I finally get to 24 months since last bonus received...
Same here but also involves $12K spend!
Old Mar 1, 2018, 7:45 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by msp3
SPG business card is now offered at 35k/7k until the end of the month. 35k SPG = 105k Marriott.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
SPG business card is now offered at 35k/7k until the end of the month. 35k SPG = 105k Marriott.
Good call, but people around here who haven't already had the SPG card are few and far between.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by bobert24
Good call, but people around here who haven't already had the SPG card are few and far between.
Agree. Hate Amex's T&C. Looking forward to new products from both Chase and Amex.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 12:25 pm

Could someone explain applying for personal and business card together - what is the benefit other than points - they only pull credit report once?
Anything else?

What are some two Marriot promo worth applying?

PS:
No more next page to navigate - annoying if you want to go the end of the thread!
Old Mar 4, 2018, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by jeanie
Didn't some versions of the 100,000 point card have a higher spend requirement? The current 80K offer has a $3000 spend. Some of the 100K offers in the past have had a $5000 spend. Don't know if that makes a difference to you or not.
Is there a link for it? Is it active offer? Wiki deleted it though.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 12:34 pm

What do people to do meet the $7k spend on AMEX?
Manufactured spending?
Old Mar 4, 2018, 1:13 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by sciconf
What do people to do meet the $7k spend on AMEX?
Manufactured spending?
Some folks pre-pay bills (utilities, cell phone service, insurance), pay rent using a third party service that accepts credit cards, accelerate paying off student loans, etc.

Some people have $7K in organic spend they can put on the card over a 90 day period. Business travelers who get reimbursed for their expenses, for example.

Others, of course, MS.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 1:25 pm

pay rent using a third party service that accepts credit cards,

Some people have $7K in organic spend they can put on the card over a 90 day period.

Others, of course, MS.
What are some third party service accepts CC to pay rent?
What is organic spend that mentioned stating "$7K in organic spend they can put on the card over a 90 day period" - could u elaborate pls?
Old Mar 4, 2018, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by sciconf
What are some third party service accepts CC to pay rent?
What is organic spend that mentioned stating "$7K in organic spend they can put on the card over a 90 day period" - could u elaborate pls?
Plastiq and roomipay are examples of companies that people use to pay rent with a credit card.

Organic spend = every day spending that you would normally do anyway. Groceries, clothing, gas, household items, etc. - it all goes on the credit card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.