Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Marriott Credit Card Offers ARCHIVED (2016-2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 20, 2016, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Please read this Wiki before posting questions in the thread.

This thread is a continuation of the pre-2016 discussion.

Note: Referrals are NOT allowed in this thread. Instead, see Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first)

The 5/24 rule for Chase, where 5 or more new accounts in 24 months can result in an application denial, appears to apply to Marriott personal cards but not the Business version of the Marriott card. For up to date information, please consult the wiki at Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward .

PERSONAL CARD
What are the current offers?

Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Visa card

Five free night Certificates for up to 50,000 points per night after making $5000 in purchases within 3 months of opening the card. $95 annual fee, not waived the first year. Certificates are valid for one year from date of issuance. 6x at Marriott, 2x on travel and everything else. There's also a host of other benefits with the Boundless.. please see the Chase link for details.

BUSINESS CARDS
Bonvoy Premiere Plus
__https://creditcards.chase.com/marriott/cardmember/premier_plus_business_benefits

Offers one free night award (up to 35K points) upon renewal and an additional free night with spend up to $60K in a year. 6x per $1 on Marriott spend, 4x on gas, restaurants, shipping and internet/cable/phone; 2x everything else

Bonvoy Business Card
__https://creditcards.chase.com/marriott/cardmember/rewards_benefits_
1x regular spend, 3x Marriott spend

Which offers are better?There is no universally correct answer. Relevant considerations include these:
  • Are you currently points-rich or cash poor? If you have 1 million Marriott points already, paying $85 for another 10K probably doesn't make sense.
  • What does your typical award redemption look like? Specifically, what yield (cents per point) do you normally get at the properties where you do award stays? Unless you're getting almost a penny a point--paying an $85 fee to buy an extra 10K points is not a good value proposition. (Adjust accordingly if you're considering paying the $99 fee for a business card with 80K bonus.)
  • Will the extra 10K put you over the top for a planned award? If getting another 10K will make the difference between having & not having enough points for an award you expect to book in the near future, taking the points generally makes sense. (Keep in mind that Marriott has added a cash & points award option for stays of 2+ nights, so you won't necessarily need the same number of points as in the past for a given award stay.)

I'm afraid to use a blind application page that doesn't list the signup bonus previously available on a now-expired landing page. How can I trust the links in the wiki?

How? The same way you'd trust the advice you're reading right now. If that makes you uneasy, OK -- but don't post in the thread asking for further reassurance. It'll be fine. Really.
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards.
Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?

Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your hotel/airline account within a few days thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending in the last 7-10 days of the statement period, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.
If I hold both personal and business Marriott cards, will I receive a 15-night credit toward status for each?

When will the Elite Night Credit for spend on the card (1 night for each $3K) appear in my account?

According to this discussion, it can take anywhere from one week to almost two months after the close of the applicable statement. There are also reports that the night posts approximately ten days after the calendar month that the $3k is reached, regardless of the statement closing date. So in this instance, if you need that night to reach status by the end of the year, the spend would need to be met by the end of November in order for the night to post in December.
How do I make a booking using a free-night cert?
Can I exchange a soon-to-expire free-night cert for points? Extend its expiration? What if the cert has already expired?
If I cancel my card after the annual free-night cert has posted, will I lose the cert?

See the wiki at Chase Free Night Certificate
Are there bonuses for signing up for the Marriott Rewards program itself?

Yes. There are two publicly available offers for new members to the Marriott Rewards program itself: If you think it's possible you will have any paid Marriott stays after you join, you should sign up for one of these offers before applying for the credit card. Make sure you give your new Marriott Rewards number on the credit card application, to tie the offers together.

Print Wikipost

Chase Marriott Credit Card Offers ARCHIVED (2016-2019)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2017, 2:30 pm

I remember I got mine in about a week or so.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 7:29 pm
formerly known as s2kdriver80

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, Amex MR, Chase UR
Question Turnaround time of second Marriott card just as long ?

Question for people who have both the personal and business versions of this card...

The first one you received took about 1-2 weeks to arrive since Chase had to submit information to Marriott for verification (member rewards number and other personal info).

Did the second one take just as long? Or was the turnaround time noticeably quicker and similar to other Chase cards (Sapphire, Freedom, etc) since Marriott already had your information?

Have to leave for vaca in a week, wondering if there's any chance I'll have the second card in hand before I leave, if I apply now.

Thanks
Old Sep 1, 2017, 7:49 am

Mine arrived 3 days apart, I was approved for both on the same day.

Just as another data point about the qualifying nights. I now have 30 in my MR account after getting both cards. They hit the account the same day I activated the card.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 5:46 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by beltway
Given that my Marriott biz card was expedited to me the day after approval (~2 weeks ago), I'm comfortable saying that this is a crock.
I was approved on Friday for the Marriott biz card. Yesterday, I was also able to call in to get the card expedited. Should be here midweek.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA, HH, SPG, UA
Hubby was approved for the Marriott Business last week even though he's well over the 5/24.
I applied for the business one myself and its still giving me the 30 day message...been 4 days already
Old Sep 22, 2017, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by express3
Hubby was approved for the Marriott Business last week even though he's well over the 5/24.
I applied for the business one myself and its still giving me the 30 day message...been 4 days already
Marriott biz isn't 5/24 bound. 30 day just means they haven't looked at it yet, hang in there!
Old Oct 3, 2017, 10:04 am

Programs: AA, HH, SPG, UA
Originally Posted by rbears
Marriott biz isn't 5/24 bound. 30 day just means they haven't looked at it yet, hang in there!
Its been now 16 days and still 'in process'. I called in yesterday to get status and they told me to wait as its still processing. Dont they normally just look through the application and give you an answer after asking a million questions??
Its the first time its taking soooo long. I'm getting anxious.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 6:16 pm

Is there not a line item in your Marriott account for the 15 nights?
Old Oct 24, 2017, 1:10 pm

New 120,000 point offer.

I got an mail today (I was a Marriott card holder until I cancelled a year ago, so I don't know if it's targeted) offering up to 120,000 points over a 12-month period using the card. 10 points per dollar on all purchases for 12 months, up to 120,000 max. 1st year AF waived.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 1:14 pm

Both family members got it through email. Not sure if extra 40k worth the extra 9k spending
Old Oct 24, 2017, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by khlay
Both family members got it through email. Not sure if extra 40k worth the extra 9k spending
Maybe not.....but it's kinda unusual in that you get the 10 ppd with no minimum spend and no 3-month time limit. Waived AF is a nice bonus, also.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by kvan
...but it's kinda unusual
Hint of changing sign-up bonus model for Chase?
Old Oct 24, 2017, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by khlay
but you get a whole year to spend the extra 9k. which isnt too bad.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 4:06 pm

Programs: Marriott, Radisson, AA, UA
This is good deal.

The usual promotion is 80k bonus after spend $3000 within 3 months.
So spend another $9000 to get another 40k is just an EXTRA BONUS, it's like getting 4.44 point per dollar for those $9000 spending in 1 year.

Originally Posted by kvan
I got an mail today (I was a Marriott card holder until I cancelled a year ago, so I don't know if it's targeted) offering up to 120,000 points over a 12-month period using the card. 10 points per dollar on all purchases for 12 months, up to 120,000 max. 1st year AF waived.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 4:36 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by echip
This is good deal.

The usual promotion is 80k bonus after spend $3000 within 3 months.
So spend another $9000 to get another 40k is just an EXTRA BONUS, it's like getting 4.44 point per dollar for those $9000 spending in 1 year.
Interesting because I see it as you have to spend an additional 300% more money to get an additional 50% fewer points

Another way to view it:

Spend $3,000 and get either: 80K points or 30K points. I'll take the 80K points, thank you.

Last edited by Diplomatico; Oct 25, 2017 at 4:58 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.