Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Marriott Credit Card Offers ARCHIVED (2016-2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 20, 2016, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Please read this Wiki before posting questions in the thread.

This thread is a continuation of the pre-2016 discussion.

Note: Referrals are NOT allowed in this thread. Instead, see Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first)

The 5/24 rule for Chase, where 5 or more new accounts in 24 months can result in an application denial, appears to apply to Marriott personal cards but not the Business version of the Marriott card. For up to date information, please consult the wiki at Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward .

PERSONAL CARD
What are the current offers?

Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Visa card

Five free night Certificates for up to 50,000 points per night after making $5000 in purchases within 3 months of opening the card. $95 annual fee, not waived the first year. Certificates are valid for one year from date of issuance. 6x at Marriott, 2x on travel and everything else. There's also a host of other benefits with the Boundless.. please see the Chase link for details.

BUSINESS CARDS
Bonvoy Premiere Plus
__https://creditcards.chase.com/marriott/cardmember/premier_plus_business_benefits

Offers one free night award (up to 35K points) upon renewal and an additional free night with spend up to $60K in a year. 6x per $1 on Marriott spend, 4x on gas, restaurants, shipping and internet/cable/phone; 2x everything else

Bonvoy Business Card
__https://creditcards.chase.com/marriott/cardmember/rewards_benefits_
1x regular spend, 3x Marriott spend

Which offers are better?There is no universally correct answer. Relevant considerations include these:
  • Are you currently points-rich or cash poor? If you have 1 million Marriott points already, paying $85 for another 10K probably doesn't make sense.
  • What does your typical award redemption look like? Specifically, what yield (cents per point) do you normally get at the properties where you do award stays? Unless you're getting almost a penny a point--paying an $85 fee to buy an extra 10K points is not a good value proposition. (Adjust accordingly if you're considering paying the $99 fee for a business card with 80K bonus.)
  • Will the extra 10K put you over the top for a planned award? If getting another 10K will make the difference between having & not having enough points for an award you expect to book in the near future, taking the points generally makes sense. (Keep in mind that Marriott has added a cash & points award option for stays of 2+ nights, so you won't necessarily need the same number of points as in the past for a given award stay.)

I'm afraid to use a blind application page that doesn't list the signup bonus previously available on a now-expired landing page. How can I trust the links in the wiki?

How? The same way you'd trust the advice you're reading right now. If that makes you uneasy, OK -- but don't post in the thread asking for further reassurance. It'll be fine. Really.
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards.
Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?

Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your hotel/airline account within a few days thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending in the last 7-10 days of the statement period, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.
If I hold both personal and business Marriott cards, will I receive a 15-night credit toward status for each?

When will the Elite Night Credit for spend on the card (1 night for each $3K) appear in my account?

According to this discussion, it can take anywhere from one week to almost two months after the close of the applicable statement. There are also reports that the night posts approximately ten days after the calendar month that the $3k is reached, regardless of the statement closing date. So in this instance, if you need that night to reach status by the end of the year, the spend would need to be met by the end of November in order for the night to post in December.
How do I make a booking using a free-night cert?
Can I exchange a soon-to-expire free-night cert for points? Extend its expiration? What if the cert has already expired?
If I cancel my card after the annual free-night cert has posted, will I lose the cert?

See the wiki at Chase Free Night Certificate
Are there bonuses for signing up for the Marriott Rewards program itself?

Yes. There are two publicly available offers for new members to the Marriott Rewards program itself: If you think it's possible you will have any paid Marriott stays after you join, you should sign up for one of these offers before applying for the credit card. Make sure you give your new Marriott Rewards number on the credit card application, to tie the offers together.

Print Wikipost

Chase Marriott Credit Card Offers ARCHIVED (2016-2019)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2016, 4:32 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
Originally Posted by konoyaro
Only three Chase cards, last one was approved about 9 months ago.
Applied for the 80K Marriott online and got the "We need to review..." message :/
I'm guessing this is due to the amount of approved credit on the existing Chase cards.
I applied for the business version, as I already have the personal. I too got the pending message, but today got confirmation I was approved. I've gotten a TON of non-Chase cards, so I wanted to squeeze this in before the 5/24 kicked in.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 7:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
Quick question that's probably been answered.....have Ritz rewards points, rarely if ever stay at Marriott....Marriott points can be used at Ritz properties but cannot be transferred to Ritz reward account, correct? Or would the points(bonus or otherwise) just automatically go to Ritz account as can only have one?

Makes me start to wonder too how Marriott/SPG merger might affect Ritz Carlton. Wish that would never have happened, love SPG and Ritz, Marriott, not so much...
Old Mar 11, 2016, 9:15 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Originally Posted by Jonesdds
Quick question that's probably been answered.....have Ritz rewards points, rarely if ever stay at Marriott....Marriott points can be used at Ritz properties but cannot be transferred to Ritz reward account, correct? Or would the points(bonus or otherwise) just automatically go to Ritz account as can only have one?

Makes me start to wonder too how Marriott/SPG merger might affect Ritz Carlton. Wish that would never have happened, love SPG and Ritz, Marriott, not so much...
It has been answered a lot.

The programs are the same behind the scenes. A point is a point. Gold is gold. Give you Ritz number and the points will show up there.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 5:11 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Maybe someone has already reported, but data point on spouse using your Marriott number. I used to have the chase Marriott, then ritz Carlton visa cards, spouse used my Marriott number to apply for her own Marriott visa. On the past it was reported Marriott just gave you the 15 nights and post the sign up bonus to your account regardless of it's really you or not. But in this case I got the 15 nights from spouse being approved but when it was time to hand out the bonus Marriott created a separate account for her and put the points in there. I myself then got a Canadian chase Marriott visa and got another 15 nights and bonus points posted to my account.

But I guess this is all moot with the point sharing the ability between spouses right? Or is that only at redemption?
Old Mar 14, 2016, 10:12 am

Prior Bonus Exclusion -- How is "24 Months" Calculated?

The offer terms state, "This product is not available to ... previous cardmembers of this credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this credit card within the last 24 months."

I last got a MR card with a 70 bonus based on application date of Apr. 7, 2014 (approved same day).

Does Chase count 24 months precisely from the approval date, or should I wait an extra week beyond April 7 to apply again?
Old Mar 14, 2016, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by Long Islander
The offer terms state, "This product is not available to ... previous cardmembers of this credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this credit card within the last 24 months."

I last got a MR card with a 70 bonus based on application date of Apr. 7, 2014 (approved same day).

Does Chase count 24 months precisely from the approval date, or should I wait an extra week beyond April 7 to apply again?
The 24 months is counted from the date the bonus credits to your account, which may be months after your account opens.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by ckpeter
The 24 months is counted from the date the bonus credits to your account, which may be months after your account opens.
Hmmm. No way to see when the 2014 MR card bonus posted, but my notes show you only needed to spend $1k to get the bonus. That would mean the bonus probably posted at the end of the first billing cycle, so most likely May 7, 2014 or so. If the posting date for the bonus is what counts, then the look-back for the 2016 card should also be from the date the 2016 bonus is posted, so I shouldn't have a problem if I apply April 7, 2016 and complete the spend for the new bonus in May or June (the spend requirement is higher now -- I think $3k).
Old Mar 15, 2016, 11:56 am

Hmmm. No way to see when the 2014 MR card bonus posted, but my notes show you only needed to spend $1k to get the bonus. That would mean the bonus probably posted at the end of the first billing cycle, so most likely May 7, 2014 or so. If the posting date for the bonus is what counts, then the look-back for the 2016 card should also be from the date the 2016 bonus is posted, so I shouldn't have a problem if I apply April 7, 2016 and complete the spend for the new bonus in May or June (the spend requirement is higher now -- I think $3k).
Note that you have to apply 24 months after the bonus last posted. In my case, one of my applications were rejected outright because there has been less than 24 months since the last bonus posted. They are counting 24 months from new application date to the last bonus, not whenever-the-potential-new-bonus date to the last bonus.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 12:11 pm

Yikes, so you get the worst of both. Posting date (meaning later date) for the start date, and app date for the end date. Thanks for the heads up.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 1:20 pm

How long does it take to get the card? Husband got instant approval for the 80K offer on 3/3, but still no card. Account appears on his Chase login.

Laura
Old Mar 15, 2016, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by LauraLea
How long does it take to get the card? Husband got instant approval for the 80K offer on 3/3, but still no card. Account appears on his Chase login.

Laura
My wife's took 10 business days -- very slow.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 6:23 pm

My wife's took 10 business days -- very slow.
Thank you. I guess we will give it until the end of this week before we follow up.

Laura
Old Mar 16, 2016, 10:20 pm

Programs: UA AA DL SW Marriott
Anyone tried asking Chase for expedite shipping? Need the card to spend on overseas, leaving next FRIDAY. Inst approved today

Originally Posted by LauraLea
Thank you. I guess we will give it until the end of this week before we follow up.

Laura
Old Mar 17, 2016, 7:12 am
jyx

Originally Posted by Tinker25
Anyone tried asking Chase for expedite shipping? Need the card to spend on overseas, leaving next FRIDAY. Inst approved today
Call them. Worst case you could offer to pay the express fee.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 10:27 am

Unfortunately I don't think your card will arrive in time. My partner was approved 10 days ago and the card hasn't arrived yet.

They can't expedite some co-branded cards, he tried asking twice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.