Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 12, 2016, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
Ritz-Carlton Rewards card

The new VISA Infinite version is discussed HERE.
In August 2016 Chase refreshed this card.
This thread is a continuation of discussion archived here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...idated-71.html

Best public available offer:
Two free nights at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spent. Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect

Three free nights at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $5k spent. Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
NO LONGER AVAILABLE
https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ritzcarlton/aep3CN
I edited link and replaced "2CN" with "3CN" and now it shows offer of 3 free nights, $450 AF and $5K spend.
__________________________________________________ _____________

$300 Annual Travel Credit
"Make the most of your trip with a $300 annual travel credit to use for baggage fees, Global Entry fees, seat upgrades, access to your preferred airport lounge and more. Simply use your card for these expenses and call us at 1-855-896-2222, and we will refund the charges after your flight."

Actual T&C language, as of 08.22.15:"Only the following types of non-ticket Net Purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight internet/entertainment; in-flight meals; Global Entry fees."

As of 1/2/2015, Credit for these charges are based on TRANSACTION (purchase) date, not posting date. If you made an eligible purchase before the end of the year, even if it doesn't post until the following year, you can still receive credit for the previous year. See post #1268

DO NOT attempt to get all $300 in one transaction. Most CSRs will question what incidental charge would be so high. Instead, get multiple smaller gift cards which line up with fees that airline charges. Make sure that whatever amounts you choose, you have an explanation ready for each. For example, AA overweight baggage fee is $150. $50 is first checked bag for 2 ppl. $75 is in the range of upgrade fees, etc.

Please start a list of what charges have and have not been reimbursed.

Reimbursed:
F9 Award Fees $33.60
Admirals Lounge Meal $26
B6 Flight $96.20 x 2
Volaris Flight $82 x 4 (reimbursed for $300)
WN gift card $25
Seat upgrade to first- it was a bit of a challenge because they showed up as new tickets. I offered to have them look at another Chase card that had the original tickets, but the agent admitted, "$2xx.xx seems low for a round trip on United," and processed the refund.
Reimbursed for the $200 reactivation fee for expired AAdvantage miles. Oops... I mean I got reimbursed for $200 in AA seat upgrade fees
AY bag fees. Paid to AY in EUR, reimbursed in USD at amount shown on stmt.
AA seat upgrade fees. NOTE: these were oddball amounts, not even numbers.

Not Reimbursed:
AA Gift Cards
Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card (2016 onward)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2016, 4:53 pm

Just called in and had my $285 charge from Frontier approved. This was actually for 3 RT tickets from MKE to MCO, $95pp RT. I will use my last $15 toward the actual bag fees that I still need to pay for. I just said it was bag fees and seat upgrades. The rep didn't question it at all.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 1:33 pm

i read on a blog that it's good to use "Other" category when sending a SM. That's what i did when i got part of my $900 airline status buy-in reimbursed.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
$100 Z34 credit not available on promotional (gov't or corp.) rates

Originally Posted by sig05 (Post #2520)
You have to use rate code z34 to get the $100 credit - not available for a corp/govt rate.
Thank you. This is worth remembering.
Standard one-night Tier 1-4 retention bonus

For whomever may be interested, I just got the now-standard retention bonus of 5K additional points and one free night (Tier 1-4), if I spend $5K within 90 days.

I pointed out that I hadn't used any of my $300 credit last year, and were there any bonuses, such as a free night, to make my annual fee worthwhile?

The rep was very helpful and didn't try to argue that, having spent over $75K last year to get Marriott Rewards Platinum, and thus, UA Silver Premier (so I could transfer 50K UA miles to Marriott last year and again this year), I wasn't really likely to give all that up by cancelling now.

My wife cancelled her JPM Ritz-Carlton Visa card, so I did change one of my sons' Lounge Club memberships from being associated with my card rather than hers, by ordering a new one for him. I shouldn't forget my wife, either!

I hope they re-open the 140K signup bonus offer in another year, so my wife can take advantage of it again.

I will try to make Platinum every other year, charging higher than usual estimated taxes, especially in the 4th quarter and upon tax filing. Plus my $24K annual rent, etc. I can't wait for my college-age sons to begin paying estimated taxes on my card! (After all the loans I took out for them.)

Also reported in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26093540-post675.html (Post # 675).
Old Jan 30, 2016, 11:53 pm

I didn't lower my CL in the first year. Can anyone who applied in late 2014 confirm not getting AF on the second year?
Old Jan 31, 2016, 2:54 pm

Hi, two questions:

1) Regarding the expiration dates for the free award nights, is the expiration date in regards to the last day we have to stay by or the last day we have to book a stay?

2) Anyone familiar with the terms on the travel insurance for the ritz carlton card? Is it the same as CSP? (I.e. get the full benefit by just paying the taxes on a flight)?
Old Feb 2, 2016, 7:40 am
jk2

Originally Posted by cutnana
I didn't lower my CL in the first year. Can anyone who applied in late 2014 confirm not getting AF on the second year?
For my second year, AF was charged and I paid it. Then I lowered CL to $1K hoping they would refund AF. So far (1 month), it didn't happen. I have a month more to cancel a card and have AF refunded. Usually, how long Chase adjust AF for lower CL? My estimate that since one month is passed and they didn't do it, I doubt they would do it later.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by MikailSJ
Hi, two questions:

2) Anyone familiar with the terms on the travel insurance for the ritz carlton card? Is it the same as CSP? (I.e. get the full benefit by just paying the taxes on a flight)?

Correct. However, as is the case with CSP, the miles used for the award flight need to be earned with Chase or a Chase partner.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 11:28 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by slivrflyr
Correct. However, as is the case with CSP, the miles used for the award flight need to be earned with Chase or a Chase partner.
Wait really?
Old Feb 2, 2016, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by slivrflyr
What about gift cards?
Old Feb 2, 2016, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by cutnana
My account was opened in Jan 2015. CL lowered to $1000 on Sep 2015, got AF of $395 refunded after few days.

My Jan 2016 statement closed on Jan 23. No increase in CL. I was expecting AF to hit by Feb 1, 2016 but nothing yet.
I don't want to go call CHASE rep and ask why AF didnt hit lol
Any thoughts?
Old Feb 2, 2016, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by johnxkrn
My account was opened in Jan 2015. CL lowered to $1000 on Sep 2015, got AF of $395 refunded after few days.

My Jan 2016 statement closed on Jan 23. No increase in CL. I was expecting AF to hit by Feb 1, 2016 but nothing yet.
Any thoughts?
Thoughts are, as long as your CL is lower than the threshold, you went get an AF for 2nd year too. Might as well just keep quiet. But I wonder if you can get a retention offer while AF is waived 2nd year.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by hiima
Thoughts are, as long as your CL is lower than the threshold, you went get an AF for 2nd year too. Might as well just keep quiet. But I wonder if you can get a retention offer while AF is waived 2nd year.
I have the same experience. CL is $1400 and have not received a AF charge for the second year. I'm not going to try for a retention offer.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by johnxkrn

Any thoughts?
Thoughts? Live your life!
If AF ever posted, do what you want to do (like paying the AF or canceling the card or calling for retention).
Old Feb 2, 2016, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by hiima
I rather vote for Trump than asking for retention offer
Old Feb 2, 2016, 5:27 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, IHG Diamond
BA seat selection reimbursed without issue, $274 for 2x J class seats LAX-LHR. Sent sm, straight out said charges are for seat selection and included email receipt from BA. Reimbursed within about 36 hrs, no questions asked. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.