Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 12, 2016, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
Ritz-Carlton Rewards card

The new VISA Infinite version is discussed HERE.
In August 2016 Chase refreshed this card.
This thread is a continuation of discussion archived here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...idated-71.html

Best public available offer:
Two free nights at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spent. Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect

Three free nights at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $5k spent. Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
NO LONGER AVAILABLE
https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ritzcarlton/aep3CN
I edited link and replaced "2CN" with "3CN" and now it shows offer of 3 free nights, $450 AF and $5K spend.
__________________________________________________ _____________

$300 Annual Travel Credit
"Make the most of your trip with a $300 annual travel credit to use for baggage fees, Global Entry fees, seat upgrades, access to your preferred airport lounge and more. Simply use your card for these expenses and call us at 1-855-896-2222, and we will refund the charges after your flight."

Actual T&C language, as of 08.22.15:"Only the following types of non-ticket Net Purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight internet/entertainment; in-flight meals; Global Entry fees."

As of 1/2/2015, Credit for these charges are based on TRANSACTION (purchase) date, not posting date. If you made an eligible purchase before the end of the year, even if it doesn't post until the following year, you can still receive credit for the previous year. See post #1268

DO NOT attempt to get all $300 in one transaction. Most CSRs will question what incidental charge would be so high. Instead, get multiple smaller gift cards which line up with fees that airline charges. Make sure that whatever amounts you choose, you have an explanation ready for each. For example, AA overweight baggage fee is $150. $50 is first checked bag for 2 ppl. $75 is in the range of upgrade fees, etc.

Please start a list of what charges have and have not been reimbursed.

Reimbursed:
F9 Award Fees $33.60
Admirals Lounge Meal $26
B6 Flight $96.20 x 2
Volaris Flight $82 x 4 (reimbursed for $300)
WN gift card $25
Seat upgrade to first- it was a bit of a challenge because they showed up as new tickets. I offered to have them look at another Chase card that had the original tickets, but the agent admitted, "$2xx.xx seems low for a round trip on United," and processed the refund.
Reimbursed for the $200 reactivation fee for expired AAdvantage miles. Oops... I mean I got reimbursed for $200 in AA seat upgrade fees
AY bag fees. Paid to AY in EUR, reimbursed in USD at amount shown on stmt.
AA seat upgrade fees. NOTE: these were oddball amounts, not even numbers.

Not Reimbursed:
AA Gift Cards
Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card (2016 onward)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2016, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by runb4fun
I'm not sure if you know or not but 2nd year, you'll be charged AF regardless of your credit limit.

multiple data points, including the post above yours, showing the opposite to be true.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by PowerMan572
Multiple data points covered. They no longer let you lower the CL down far enough to avoid the annual fee.
I just lowered my credit limit to $1,500 last week and the refund for the annual fee posted 3 days later.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 3:26 pm

Paid my bill and called in to lower the line another $300 to hit $1500. Executive accounts line couldn't do it so they transferred me to the lending department who did it with no questions asked.

I'll report back if fee gets refunded
Old May 2, 2016, 12:36 pm

$395 fee refunded over the weekend. Still works.
Old May 4, 2016, 9:43 am

Programs: WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Data point:

Opened card in late May 2015. This year's AF is set to post on June 1. Reduced my credit limit to $1,500 via SM on Monday. Noticed a $395 credit on my account last night.
Old May 4, 2016, 1:39 pm

[/LEFT]
Originally Posted by ryanmcv
Data point:

Opened card in late May 2015. This year's AF is set to post on June 1. Reduced my credit limit to $1,500 via SM on Monday. Noticed a $395 credit on my account last night.
Had you already had the AF credited for 2015? That would make sense if the credit was for your 2015 AF, but I'd be surprised if this worked for the 2nd year AF this way.
Old May 4, 2016, 4:30 pm

Programs: WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Big4Flyer
Had you already had the AF credited for 2015? That would make sense if the credit was for your 2015 AF, but I'd be surprised if this worked for the 2nd year AF this way.
No, I was attempting to get last year's AF credited. I'm expecting this year's AF to post next month. If I decide to keep the card, I'll probably just leave the $395 credit untouched until the fee posts and let it zero out.
Old May 5, 2016, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
[/LEFT]

I still haven't been charged a second year AF. Opened in Jan '15. I'm actually in the boat of being ok with paying the AF since I use the 300$ credit easily and it has good Chase protections. But I'm not about to tell then to starting billing me.
Old May 5, 2016, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by hiima
I still haven't been charged a second year AF. Opened in Jan '15. I'm actually in the boat of being ok with paying the AF since I use the 300$ credit easily and it has good Chase protections. But I'm not about to tell then to starting billing me.
Yup. If you think of this card as a $95 a year card it's amazing. If you stay 1 night at a Ritz a year, that club level upgrade makes up for the annual fee easy.
Old May 5, 2016, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by hiima
Did you increase your CL after having your AF refunded? I had it refunded my first year, but increased it back to 5k for some big purchases after that, but now I'm coming up on year 2 and wondering if I dropped it back down again if it would prevent the AF from hitting.
Old May 5, 2016, 4:30 pm

Did you increase your CL after having your AF refunded? I had it refunded my first year, but increased it back to 5k for some big purchases after that, but now I'm coming up on year 2 and wondering if I dropped it back down again if it would prevent the AF from hitting.
was it necessary for you to hike our limit? I thought that as a visa signature you'd be able to charge over the limit? (Alternatively to pre-pay your card and create a credit balance). Thanks
Old May 5, 2016, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by slivrflyr
was it necessary for you to hike our limit? I thought that as a visa signature you'd be able to charge over the limit? (Alternatively to pre-pay your card and create a credit balance). Thanks
Pretty sure they'll let you go over the limit but not 4k over the limit lol.
Old May 5, 2016, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by phant0m
Pretty sure they'll let you go over the limit but not 4k over the limit lol.
i am interested to hear if anyone has bumped their limit back over $1500 and see if the AF kicked back in.

I'll be doing some Chase pruning later in the year and I'd love to drop excess credit line to Ritz, if it's safe to do so.
Old May 5, 2016, 8:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
I actually had to increase to 6k or something for a purchase and immediately decreased it back to 1.5
Old May 6, 2016, 5:26 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
I bumped it up to 2000 for a few month. No change in AF ( did it 2 month before the 2nd year AF would be charged) and now 5 month later still no 1st or 2nd year AF.
But I just decreased it just to be sure

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.