Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 12, 2016, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
Ritz-Carlton Rewards card

The new VISA Infinite version is discussed HERE.
In August 2016 Chase refreshed this card.
This thread is a continuation of discussion archived here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...idated-71.html

Best public available offer:
Two free nights at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spent. Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect

Three free nights at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $5k spent. Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
NO LONGER AVAILABLE
https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ritzcarlton/aep3CN
I edited link and replaced "2CN" with "3CN" and now it shows offer of 3 free nights, $450 AF and $5K spend.
__________________________________________________ _____________

$300 Annual Travel Credit
"Make the most of your trip with a $300 annual travel credit to use for baggage fees, Global Entry fees, seat upgrades, access to your preferred airport lounge and more. Simply use your card for these expenses and call us at 1-855-896-2222, and we will refund the charges after your flight."

Actual T&C language, as of 08.22.15:"Only the following types of non-ticket Net Purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight internet/entertainment; in-flight meals; Global Entry fees."

As of 1/2/2015, Credit for these charges are based on TRANSACTION (purchase) date, not posting date. If you made an eligible purchase before the end of the year, even if it doesn't post until the following year, you can still receive credit for the previous year. See post #1268

DO NOT attempt to get all $300 in one transaction. Most CSRs will question what incidental charge would be so high. Instead, get multiple smaller gift cards which line up with fees that airline charges. Make sure that whatever amounts you choose, you have an explanation ready for each. For example, AA overweight baggage fee is $150. $50 is first checked bag for 2 ppl. $75 is in the range of upgrade fees, etc.

Please start a list of what charges have and have not been reimbursed.

Reimbursed:
F9 Award Fees $33.60
Admirals Lounge Meal $26
B6 Flight $96.20 x 2
Volaris Flight $82 x 4 (reimbursed for $300)
WN gift card $25
Seat upgrade to first- it was a bit of a challenge because they showed up as new tickets. I offered to have them look at another Chase card that had the original tickets, but the agent admitted, "$2xx.xx seems low for a round trip on United," and processed the refund.
Reimbursed for the $200 reactivation fee for expired AAdvantage miles. Oops... I mean I got reimbursed for $200 in AA seat upgrade fees
AY bag fees. Paid to AY in EUR, reimbursed in USD at amount shown on stmt.
AA seat upgrade fees. NOTE: these were oddball amounts, not even numbers.

Not Reimbursed:
AA Gift Cards
Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card (2016 onward)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2016, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by ryanmcv
Anyone else receive this email today?
Yep, I got the email too. My card anniversary is May as well. This looks like some sort of retention bonus to me to keep the card past the anniversary and pay the annual fee.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by gldnglv165
Yep, I got the email too. My card anniversary is May as well. This looks like some sort of retention bonus to me to keep the card past the anniversary and pay the annual fee.

I wonder if the email sent out to any folks renewing who've cut their CL during year one and aren't paying the AF.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 3:03 pm

Programs: WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by slivrflyr
I wonder if the email sent out to any folks renewing who've cut their CL during year one and aren't paying the AF.
Not sure. I received the email and I did not reduce my CL in year one to avoid the AF. I paid the $395 fee. I did, however, receive the 140,000 bonus points and maxed out the $300 travel credit last year. I've already used $150 of the credit this year, and I'm hoping to use the rest before the AF is due in May. So between the 140,000 bonus points and $600 in travel credits, the card has more than paid for itself in year 1.

Also, for what it's worth, I noticed that the 140,000 bonus points counted towards my 10% annual premium. So essentially, the sign-up bonus was 154,000 points.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 4:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Originally Posted by ryanmcv
Not sure. I received the email and I did not reduce my CL in year one to avoid the AF. I paid the $395 fee. I did, however, receive the 140,000 bonus points and maxed out the $300 travel credit last year. I've already used $150 of the credit this year, and I'm hoping to use the rest before the AF is due in May. So between the 140,000 bonus points and $600 in travel credits, the card has more than paid for itself in year 1.

Also, for what it's worth, I noticed that the 140,000 bonus points counted towards my 10% annual premium. So essentially, the sign-up bonus was 154,000 points.
I noticed the same. I had signed up for 2 certificates and got matched to 140k. Since it was coded as a courtesy adjustment and not a sign up bonus it got the 10%.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 4:02 pm

same experience

+1 got the 154k
Old Apr 11, 2016, 11:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Matching 140K offer

Originally Posted by highops
I noticed the same. I had signed up for 2 certificates and got matched to 140k. Since it was coded as a courtesy adjustment and not a sign up bonus it got the 10%.
Hi highops and others, it's great to hear that you guys got matched to 140k. I just recently got this card with the 2 nights cert promo (haven't yet finished spending). Wonder if I may also call in to request for matching the 140k promo?

Also a question on the AF, is lowering CL to avoid AF only works on the Ritz card? Will it work on another other card that has a high fee, like the United Club card or any other non-Chase card like the AE or Citi Premier with high fees? Seems this is an overall across the board that creditor cannot collect AF with a low CL. Is that right? Thanks for any comment and help. Have a great week!
Old Apr 11, 2016, 11:55 am

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Originally Posted by NttDocomo
Hi highops and others, it's great to hear that you guys got matched to 140k. I just recently got this card with the 2 nights cert promo (haven't yet finished spending). Wonder if I may also call in to request for matching the 140k promo?

Also a question on the AF, is lowering CL to avoid AF only works on the Ritz card? Will it work on another other card that has a high fee, like the United Club card or any other non-Chase card like the AE or Citi Premier with high fees? Seems this is an overall across the board that creditor cannot collect AF with a low CL. Is that right? Thanks for any comment and help. Have a great week!
Re: Matching- sometime in June it went away. I barely made it, others barely missed. See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...idated-11.html (It might not be page 11 for you as I have it set for newest posts first). Look for posts in mid-June, 2015.

Edit #2276-#2286 or so in that thread.

Last edited by highops; Apr 11, 2016 at 8:00 pm
Old Apr 11, 2016, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by NttDocomo
It doesn't work with United Club card or any Citi card.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 2:10 pm

2 night certificates

Applied for this card with 2 nights 4th tier certificates. I was wondering if it is possible to use them at any mariott properties, or tier 5 properties with additional points or cash. Any experience here anyone?
Old Apr 14, 2016, 3:05 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by rajnishK453
Applied for this card with 2 nights 4th tier certificates. I was wondering if it is possible to use them at any mariott properties, or tier 5 properties with additional points or cash. Any experience here anyone?
Don't think so. Best you can do is Edition hotels besides Ritz hotels since they are tiers too.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 8:09 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
Has anyone replicated lowering the CL with another Chase card to see if it has the same effect on the AF?

Last edited by MVF Trekker; Apr 14, 2016 at 8:17 pm
Old Apr 14, 2016, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by MVF Trekker
Has anyone replicated lowering the CL with another Chase card to see if it has the same effect on the AF?
It does not work with the United Club card, and since the rest of the cards annual fees are $95 or less, you cannot lower the credit lines enough to make it work since the minimum credit line is $500.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by jdbcc
It does not work with the United Club card, and since the rest of the cards annual fees are $95 or less, you cannot lower the credit lines enough to make it work since the minimum credit line is $500.
Is $1500 a safe bet or should I go lower to $1200?
Old Apr 15, 2016, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by phant0m
Lower to 500 and if it works, report it back to us.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by phant0m
$1500 worked for me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.