Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cesco.g
="3"%This thread is a continuation of the archived mega thread, found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...t-credit.html]

Public Offer:40k for $2K spend + 25K for $10K spend.. Other goodies. ($95 annual fee waived the first year)

="2"%Public 40k + 25k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
https://www.theexplorercard.com

="2"%Targeted 50k + 5k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
Landing page

Targeted 60k + 3k ($95 annual fee waived the first year) good thru 9/22/21
Landing Page.

Note: For targeted offers, you will be required to login to your MileagePlus account.
If, after logging in, you're redirected to a lower offer, it means you're not targeted.
__________________________________________________ ____________________

Public 50k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Redirect page Application page

Targeted 70k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, reappeared 2/1/17)
Landing page Redirect page Application page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Targeted 70k + 5k AU offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Chase Private Clients may be pre-approved for better or different offers, it's worth asking your banker.
__________________________________________________ _____________________

My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
no longer available

Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card currently offering 30K miles: United MP Business card: public offer now 50K miles!!

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
How long should I wait between canceling a card and then reapplying?
What's the Chase "5/24" policy I keep hearing about?
Now that I've completed the required spend, when will my signup bonus post?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward

Where can I find an online copy of the guide to the card's benefits (such as purchase protection, car rental CDW coverage, etc.)?
Go to https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

A few of the best features of the card include priority boarding, a free checked bag, and increased award ticket availability. Priority boarding and the free checked bag for cardholders is included even on the new "basic economy" fares.

For discussion of Mileage Plus benefits, see the master thread in the United forum, found here: United MileagePlus Master Wiki

Print Wikipost

United Explorer Card (2015 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2019, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by Scotch
Just reporting back so folks have a new data point. I have NOT received my 50,000 sign-up bonus miles to date. I got approved on March 4. As my old posts indicate I finished the minimum spend of $3K ~11 days before first statement close (or that's my interpretation). Nothing came days after my first statement close. My second statement closed on May 4. A few days after that I called Chase to ask if there's any problem with my account. The agent said it looks fine on his end, that based on his experience I should definitely be getting the bonus points a few days after the second statement close. Well, I guess I'm the exception since we're coming on 9 days past the second statement close. I'm not overly stressed about this right now because I am no longer waiting to use these bonus miles. I managed to get our award tickets last month (via payment to recover expired miles on my spouse's account and a successful request to have UA make an exception to the 18 months deadline to recover expired miles on my account). But folks getting a new card hoping to use the bonus miles should be prepared to wait for the stated "6 to 8 weeks" or longer even though posts all over the Internet indicates most people manage to receive their bonus miles shortly after the first (or second) statement close.
The only thing that comes to mind is what kind of spend was the $3k? If it was anything like cash (git cards etc) or not 'qualified' purchases they may look more into it.
Old May 15, 2019, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by Ali380
The only thing that comes to mind is what kind of spend was the $3k? If it was anything like cash (git cards etc) or not 'qualified' purchases they may look more into it.
Good point. I did make a few small (less than $100) gift card purchases via CardCash but the bulk were "normal" expenses -- and we've had no problem with other Chase cards allowing purchases via CardCash to count toward minimum. And we made sure to spend a couple hundred more than the minimum spend. I was just about to go analyze my spending in more detail when I decided to check my UA app once again. The bonus miles posted today (though the date on the activity log is May 13). I last checked yesterday.
Old May 18, 2019, 6:30 pm
Original Member

I updated the wiki to the current best personal offer for the UAL credit card - 40K + 10K.
Old May 30, 2019, 5:54 pm

Hi everyone - I generally don't fly united but was checking award availability (have chase UR to transfer) and saw an offer for 25,000 points after $2k spend in 3 months + $250 statement credit after first purchase being displayed for me. I have not tracked the United explorer mileageplus card offers so not sure how this stacks up.. is this a good offer? Only reason for me to consider signing up is to see if I can get better award availability for a trip to (PHL - NAP) in August. Thanks!
Old May 30, 2019, 6:17 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by neony77
Hi everyone - I generally don't fly united but was checking award availability (have chase UR to transfer) and saw an offer for 25,000 points after $2k spend in 3 months + $250 statement credit after first purchase being displayed for me. I have not tracked the United explorer mileageplus card offers so not sure how this stacks up.. is this a good offer? Only reason for me to consider signing up is to see if I can get better award availability for a trip to (PHL - NAP) in August. Thanks!
Currently best publically available offer is 40k to $2k, so it depends with the fee waived for the first year. So it depends if you consider $250 (or $150 if fee isn't waived) worth 15,000 miles.

I will note, UA is in-between promotions now, so I would expect something better soon.
Old May 30, 2019, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by N104UA
Currently best publically available offer is 40k to $2k, so it depends with the fee waived for the first year. So it depends if you consider $250 (or $150 if fee isn't waived) worth 15,000 miles.

I will note, UA is in-between promotions now, so I would expect something better soon.
ok thanks! AF for the first year is waived as well. I'll hold off for now I guess and see what new offer they come up with!
Old Jun 3, 2019, 6:59 am

What sort of CL are being issued with this card? Yes its dependent on credit, but some have a minimum like the CSR at $10k I think the Ritz too.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by Ali380
What sort of CL are being issued with this card? Yes its dependent on credit, but some have a minimum like the CSR at $10k I think the Ritz too.
Card is a Visa Signature which generally requires a minimum credit limit of $5k
Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
I cancelled my card due to new UA dynamic award pricing and got the annual fee $95 back as -$95 sitting in my closed Chase UA credit account. How can I get the money? Chase will send me check or I request Chase to transfer to my Chase checking account or better I can do that on chase.com myself?
Old Jun 3, 2019, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by tomwhom
I cancelled my card due to new UA dynamic award pricing and got the annual fee $95 back as -$95 sitting in my closed Chase UA credit account. How can I get the money? Chase will send me check or I request Chase to transfer to my Chase checking account or better I can do that on chase.com myself?
Call them and they will mail you a check.
tomwhom likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 5:34 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
What was the spend requirement on the 40+10k offer they had in April 2k$ for the 40k and 6 or 8k$ for the next 10k? I can't find the screen shot... already crossed the 2k, but need to know if were 6 or 8k and within what time...

Edit never mind, found it: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30984295-post883.html (40k for 2k$ in 3mo, 20k for 8k in 6mo)

Last edited by oliver2002; Jun 4, 2019 at 5:40 am
Old Jun 8, 2019, 2:11 am

Expired offer??

I’m interested in the $250 statement credit wit the explorer mileage plus card, but I no longer see the offer any more.
Can I phone up chase to ask for the old offer?
Old Jun 8, 2019, 7:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Tenesmus83
I’m interested in the $250 statement credit wit the explorer mileage plus card, but I no longer see the offer any more.
In general, if the offer's gone, it's gone (though it may come back). Offers change all the time and have expiration dates.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 8:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
​​​​​​

It won’t hurt to call. The best ever Ritz card offer was matched for several months back 4-5 years ago.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 12:41 pm

Try making a dummy booking

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.