Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cesco.g
="3"%This thread is a continuation of the archived mega thread, found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...t-credit.html]

Public Offer:40k for $2K spend + 25K for $10K spend.. Other goodies. ($95 annual fee waived the first year)

="2"%Public 40k + 25k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
https://www.theexplorercard.com

="2"%Targeted 50k + 5k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
Landing page

Targeted 60k + 3k ($95 annual fee waived the first year) good thru 9/22/21
Landing Page.

Note: For targeted offers, you will be required to login to your MileagePlus account.
If, after logging in, you're redirected to a lower offer, it means you're not targeted.
__________________________________________________ ____________________

Public 50k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Redirect page Application page

Targeted 70k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, reappeared 2/1/17)
Landing page Redirect page Application page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Targeted 70k + 5k AU offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Chase Private Clients may be pre-approved for better or different offers, it's worth asking your banker.
__________________________________________________ _____________________

My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
no longer available

Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card currently offering 30K miles: United MP Business card: public offer now 50K miles!!

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
How long should I wait between canceling a card and then reapplying?
What's the Chase "5/24" policy I keep hearing about?
Now that I've completed the required spend, when will my signup bonus post?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward

Where can I find an online copy of the guide to the card's benefits (such as purchase protection, car rental CDW coverage, etc.)?
Go to https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

A few of the best features of the card include priority boarding, a free checked bag, and increased award ticket availability. Priority boarding and the free checked bag for cardholders is included even on the new "basic economy" fares.

For discussion of Mileage Plus benefits, see the master thread in the United forum, found here: United MileagePlus Master Wiki

Print Wikipost

United Explorer Card (2015 - 2021)

Old Apr 20, 2019, 4:13 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Received an email titled "Accelerate Your Miles with this limited-time offer".
Earn 1 additional mile per $1 spent on your gas station and grocery store purchases. Earn your bonus from the month you register through June 30, 2019.
I've not see mention of it anywhere, so wondered if it's a general offer or some specific promo I was a target for.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 4:37 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Kremmen
I've not see mention of it anywhere, so wondered if it's a general offer or some specific promo I was a target for.
Is it this offer?

UA Select Visa: 3x on Gas, dining thru June 30
Old Apr 20, 2019, 5:43 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Received an email titled "Accelerate Your Miles with this limited-time offer".

I received this offer but mine is for dining (3 miles per $) and grocery stores (2 miles per $). I already get 3x on dining with my CSR and grocery stores is a Q2 Chase Freedom 5x bonus category.

​​​​​​
Old Apr 20, 2019, 7:40 am

I received the offer 2 days ago.

Old Apr 20, 2019, 10:23 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mia
Clearly not, as my second part is grocery stores, not restaurants.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Clearly not, as my second part is grocery stores, not restaurants.
(since I started that other thread...)

i think it is essentially the same promo, but they are varying the categories. For my Select card they are offering me the bonus for gas and dining categories (both 2X + 1X bonus), but not the 2X category groceries. That might be because I have used this card pretty much only for grocery and hardware store purchases over the course of the last few years.
Old May 11, 2019, 5:31 pm

Do you have to use the card for flights to get benefits like priority boards/free bags etc?
Old May 11, 2019, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by Ali380
Do you have to use the card for flights to get benefits like priority boards/free bags etc?
You do need to pay with the card to get the free bags benefit. I buy all my flights with Amex, so I never get free bags.

You will get priority boarding even if you don't pay with the card. I get priority boarding every flight and I never use the card to buy the flight.
Old May 12, 2019, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander
You do need to pay with the card to get the free bags benefit. I buy all my flights with Amex, so I never get free bags.

You will get priority boarding even if you don't pay with the card. I get priority boarding every flight and I never use the card to buy the flight.
Good to know, I use amex as well for 5x. To confirm do you get priority boarding from status or the card perk (without purchasing flights on card)?
Old May 12, 2019, 8:02 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Good to know, I use amex as well for 5x. To confirm do you get priority boarding from status or the card perk (without purchasing flights on card)?
Group 2 boarding appears to be tied to your MP number, so you get it anytime, but the bag benefit is just if you use the card, so if you value your Amex points at less than your bag fees, I recommend using your UA card.
Old May 13, 2019, 8:04 am

To confirm do you get priority boarding from status or the card perk (without purchasing flights on card)?
I can confirm 100% that as an Explorer card holder with no MP status, I get BG2 regardless of which card I use to book the flight.

As others have said, to get the free checked bag you have to use the card to buy the ticket. I try to decide when when booking whether I will need a bag, and decide which card to use from there.
Old May 13, 2019, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by threeoh
As others have said, to get the free checked bag you have to use the card to buy the ticket.
You also have to have your MP number in the booking to get the free checked bag. So, if you'd earn much more miles on another carrier, you have to check your bag first before you change the frequent flyer membership on your booking. (This is the opposite order to the order the kiosks present those options, or at least it was last time I did it!)
Old May 13, 2019, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by Scotch
Thanks for sharing your data point. I finished my $3K min spend 11 days before statement close date. I know the documentation says 6 to 8 weeks; but I had read posts here and elsewhere saying it can happen within days of finishing the minimum spend (with no differentiation as to first or later statements). I think if the bonus miles don't post by Tuesday, I'll assume it's not going to happen with this first statement. I can't wait until the next statement close since I'm looking at a June trip; I'm pretty nervous about not having tickets yet for an international trip. I hesitate calling Chase as I figure they'll just tell me the official "6 to 8 weeks" statement.
Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander
Yeah I dont think I'd wait much longer, especially if it's likely to be around May 6th when your bonus posts.
Just reporting back so folks have a new data point. I have NOT received my 50,000 sign-up bonus miles to date. I got approved on March 4. As my old posts indicate I finished the minimum spend of $3K ~11 days before first statement close (or that's my interpretation). Nothing came days after my first statement close. My second statement closed on May 4. A few days after that I called Chase to ask if there's any problem with my account. The agent said it looks fine on his end, that based on his experience I should definitely be getting the bonus points a few days after the second statement close. Well, I guess I'm the exception since we're coming on 9 days past the second statement close. I'm not overly stressed about this right now because I am no longer waiting to use these bonus miles. I managed to get our award tickets last month (via payment to recover expired miles on my spouse's account and a successful request to have UA make an exception to the 18 months deadline to recover expired miles on my account). But folks getting a new card hoping to use the bonus miles should be prepared to wait for the stated "6 to 8 weeks" or longer even though posts all over the Internet indicates most people manage to receive their bonus miles shortly after the first (or second) statement close.
Old May 14, 2019, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by Scotch
Just reporting back so folks have a new data point. I have NOT received my 50,000 sign-up bonus miles to date. I got approved on March 4. As my old posts indicate I finished the minimum spend of $3K ~11 days before first statement close (or that's my interpretation). Nothing came days after my first statement close. My second statement closed on May 4.
My wife's bonus also took an unusually long time. I expected it (based on my past experience) to be after the statement where we met spend closed, but we had to wait until after the third balance closed and a few days after that. So I assume we had to wait for a balance to close past the 90 day spend threshold. Didn't really want eyes on the account so we just waited and it eventually came.
Old May 14, 2019, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by time_stamp
My wife's bonus also took an unusually long time. I expected it (based on my past experience) to be after the statement where we met spend closed, but we had to wait until after the third balance closed and a few days after that. So I assume we had to wait for a balance to close past the 90 day spend threshold. Didn't really want eyes on the account so we just waited and it eventually came.
Argh, past the 90 day mark?! Thanks for sharing. I've been checking my account daily thinking "any day now." I think I'll stop doing that and just check in next month.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.