Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cesco.g
="3"%This thread is a continuation of the archived mega thread, found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...t-credit.html]

Public Offer:40k for $2K spend + 25K for $10K spend.. Other goodies. ($95 annual fee waived the first year)

="2"%Public 40k + 25k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
https://www.theexplorercard.com

="2"%Targeted 50k + 5k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
Landing page

Targeted 60k + 3k ($95 annual fee waived the first year) good thru 9/22/21
Landing Page.

Note: For targeted offers, you will be required to login to your MileagePlus account.
If, after logging in, you're redirected to a lower offer, it means you're not targeted.
__________________________________________________ ____________________

Public 50k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Redirect page Application page

Targeted 70k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, reappeared 2/1/17)
Landing page Redirect page Application page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Targeted 70k + 5k AU offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Chase Private Clients may be pre-approved for better or different offers, it's worth asking your banker.
__________________________________________________ _____________________

My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
no longer available

Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card currently offering 30K miles: United MP Business card: public offer now 50K miles!!

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
How long should I wait between canceling a card and then reapplying?
What's the Chase "5/24" policy I keep hearing about?
Now that I've completed the required spend, when will my signup bonus post?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward

Where can I find an online copy of the guide to the card's benefits (such as purchase protection, car rental CDW coverage, etc.)?
Go to https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

A few of the best features of the card include priority boarding, a free checked bag, and increased award ticket availability. Priority boarding and the free checked bag for cardholders is included even on the new "basic economy" fares.

For discussion of Mileage Plus benefits, see the master thread in the United forum, found here: United MileagePlus Master Wiki

Print Wikipost

United Explorer Card (2015 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2019, 5:11 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander
Noob question- what's a p.s. flight?
United Premium Service which is offered on flights between EWR and SFO/LAX, and between BOS and SFO.
FlyingHighlander likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander
As a 1K is it still worth having the card due to the increased award availability it provides, or do 1K's already see that?
No, the award availability for a 1K cardholder and 1K non-cardholder are identical. The additional availability that the card grants is identical to that granted by Silver status; UA Plat/1K/GS also have additional premium cabin award options.

I guess I should add UA/Chase have run some joint sales recently offering discounts on the mileage cost of award travel where a 1K cardholder would theoretically see a lower price than a 1K non-cardholder, however these are not regular and subject to the usual constraints of a "super special" offer (hard to find, hard to predict, etc.) They're trying to make an argument for 1Ks keeping the card, as I'm sure I'm not the only one calling to cancel citing "card is useless", but it's pretty paltry so far.
FlyingHighlander likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 5:25 pm

UA Chase Award Space

DELETiNG
Old Feb 3, 2019, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by sarbear05
I just signed up for the UA Chase Business and input my UA MP number. Does anyone know how long it takes for cardholder space to show up when I search online? Thank you!!!
I'm not sure. I can tell you that when I signed up for my card the first thing I received was an email with my 2 x United Club passes (by that I mean I got those before even receiving an official acceptance from Chase). I would guess as soon as you get something like that from UA then you will be good to go. When searching for award space you will see some flights very clearly marked something like "exclusively available to you as a card holder".
sarbear05 likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: HiltonH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, Hyatt-Diamond,SPG-newbie
Free bag at booking but card cancel?

Ok guys need help..

if I ,at at the time of booking using my personal united card for a trip in July... but my card would be cancel in May. But I WILL be getting my new business United card in a few weeks.

Would i I still have free 1st baggage at time of travel? Since I would not have the same united card at time of travel?
Would united track that my booking credit card has been cancel?
Old Feb 10, 2019, 8:39 am

Hi I have a question. I'm about to apply to Chase United Explorer for the 75k bonus.

In 2014 i applied for this, then in 2017 downgraded to the Chase United Mileage Plus card. Can I apply for the above card while having this Mileage plus card open, or do I have to cancel it?

Also I am thinking of also applying to the Chase United business card as I heard it does not count for 5/24, is this advised?
Old Feb 24, 2019, 10:34 pm

Question United Explorer Credit Card benefits transfer?

Hi all, I have a United Explorer Credit Card via Chase. I would like to book two round trip tickets (US Domestic) for my parents in April. I will not be flying with them.

My question is, if I book their tickets on my United Explorer CC, will the benefits transfer? eg will they get free baggage to check in? Will they get free priority boarding?

The CC is in my name, but I can give it to them so they have it physically if that helps any?
Old Feb 25, 2019, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by MitzEclipse
Hi all, I have a United Explorer Credit Card via Chase. I would like to book two round trip tickets (US Domestic) for my parents in April. I will not be flying with them.

My question is, if I book their tickets on my United Explorer CC, will the benefits transfer? eg will they get free baggage to check in? Will they get free priority boarding?

The CC is in my name, but I can give it to them so they have it physically if that helps any?
No, the United benefits are for the cardholder. (Some of the benefits apply also to your companion, but only if you are travelling together.) Your parents will not get a free checked bag nor will they get priority boarding.

They will be covered by Trip Cancellation/Interruption (but not Trip Delay) insurance and also you will get the 2x points for your purchase. Also you can hand them (or print out / send screenshots) of the one-time United Club passes and they can use those.
MitzEclipse likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 9:54 pm

Programs: A3*G, AS MVPG, UA, AA
Originally Posted by jjbowd
Hi I have a question. I'm about to apply to Chase United Explorer for the 75k bonus.

In 2014 i applied for this, then in 2017 downgraded to the Chase United Mileage Plus card. Can I apply for the above card while having this Mileage plus card open, or do I have to cancel it?

Also I am thinking of also applying to the Chase United business card as I heard it does not count for 5/24, is this advised?
how'd you manage to find a 75k bonus offer? the site offers 40k by default; 50k if you use the in-flight link.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 3:23 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AF, Chase, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by lensovet
how'd you manage to find a 75k bonus offer? the site offers 40k by default; 50k if you use the in-flight link.
The Business card is currently offering a 75,000 sign up bonus.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA:MM 1K HH:Diamond IHG:Plat Marriott:Plat
I applied for this card back in January but forgot to screenshot the offer terms. Is there any way to check what my spend goals and bonus are?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by expressboy
I applied for this card back in January but forgot to screenshot the offer terms. Is there any way to check what my spend goals and bonus are?
Send a message through the Chase secure message portal asking what your spend goals and bonus are.
expressboy likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 4:47 am

Programs: A3*G, AS MVPG, UA, AA
Originally Posted by char777
The Business card is currently offering a 75,000 sign up bonus.
i presume there's no way to get this if you don't have a business? most people aren't incorporated…
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:28 am

Programs: UA:MM 1K HH:Diamond IHG:Plat Marriott:Plat
Originally Posted by threeoh
Send a message through the Chase secure message portal asking what your spend goals and bonus are.
Thanks. That worked.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:04 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lensovet
i presume there's no way to get this if you don't have a business? most people aren't incorporated…
You can get it. There's an entire thread on this. Read the wiki and follow links to "Applying for Chase Cards" All you need to know is there.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...75k-miles.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.