Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cesco.g
="3"%This thread is a continuation of the archived mega thread, found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...t-credit.html]

Public Offer:40k for $2K spend + 25K for $10K spend.. Other goodies. ($95 annual fee waived the first year)

="2"%Public 40k + 25k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
https://www.theexplorercard.com

="2"%Targeted 50k + 5k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
Landing page

Targeted 60k + 3k ($95 annual fee waived the first year) good thru 9/22/21
Landing Page.

Note: For targeted offers, you will be required to login to your MileagePlus account.
If, after logging in, you're redirected to a lower offer, it means you're not targeted.
__________________________________________________ ____________________

Public 50k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Redirect page Application page

Targeted 70k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, reappeared 2/1/17)
Landing page Redirect page Application page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Targeted 70k + 5k AU offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Chase Private Clients may be pre-approved for better or different offers, it's worth asking your banker.
__________________________________________________ _____________________

My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
no longer available

Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card currently offering 30K miles: United MP Business card: public offer now 50K miles!!

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
How long should I wait between canceling a card and then reapplying?
What's the Chase "5/24" policy I keep hearing about?
Now that I've completed the required spend, when will my signup bonus post?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward

Where can I find an online copy of the guide to the card's benefits (such as purchase protection, car rental CDW coverage, etc.)?
Go to https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

A few of the best features of the card include priority boarding, a free checked bag, and increased award ticket availability. Priority boarding and the free checked bag for cardholders is included even on the new "basic economy" fares.

For discussion of Mileage Plus benefits, see the master thread in the United forum, found here: United MileagePlus Master Wiki

Print Wikipost

United Explorer Card (2015 - 2021)

Old Sep 14, 2018, 8:08 pm

Is there no way to distinguish between my purchases and those of an additional cardholder? I'm not seeing anything on the account activity or statements that allows me to see which cardholder made the purchase. Hoping I'm missing something, but it seems not.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 8:05 pm

If I book a trip using my Explorer card for someone else (i.e. sister), would the free baggage perk apply to her? I won't be flying with her.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by SuperKirby
If I book a trip using my Explorer card for someone else (i.e. sister), would the free baggage perk apply to her? I won't be flying with her.
No. Primary cardmember must be flying.
SuperKirby likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 9:35 am

My statement from Chase (Sep) showed the 60K bonus has been given (yes!). I don't see it in my UnitedMP account yet - how long will that take?

Thanks.
SuperKirby likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 3:26 am

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVP 75k, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Same happened here when I tried the 60k link, it redirected to a 40k offer.

Last edited by dshmp; Sep 22, 2018 at 3:26 am Reason: Information already given earlier in thread
Old Sep 22, 2018, 4:47 am

The 50k link, using 99999 as the number, worked fine for me. I got the card
Old Sep 24, 2018, 3:55 pm

Hey folks, I haven't been following this card for some time, so apologies for not being current. The 50K link seems to work for me, but the offer details don't say anything about 5,000 bonus points for AU. By contrast the 40K offer clearly says it. Two questions

1. Are folks confident that the 5K bonus for AU is actually awarded?
2. If so, should I add AU when signing up for the card or after I'm approved and receive it?

Thanks!
Old Sep 24, 2018, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by turgutbey
Hey folks, I haven't been following this card for some time, so apologies for not being current. The 50K link seems to work for me, but the offer details don't say anything about 5,000 bonus points for AU. By contrast the 40K offer clearly says it. Two questions

1. Are folks confident that the 5K bonus for AU is actually awarded?
2. If so, should I add AU when signing up for the card or after I'm approved and receive it?

Thanks!
You're right. It looks like they stealthy removed the $100 credit after 1st purchase and the 5000 pts after AU makes a purchase.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 5:42 am

Decent new offer live:

Old Nov 22, 2018, 6:03 pm
FTA

The 60+5 60kAFWLTO link in the wiki is dead
Old Nov 27, 2018, 8:16 am

Programs: UA
Wrong thread.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 8:12 am

Does United Travelbank count as a seperate card from the United Explorer?

I downgraded last year to avoid the AF and want to get another Explorer card with bonus. Now coming up on 24 months since my original Explorer bonus.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by ECR12
Does United Travelbank count as a seperate card from the United Explorer?

I downgraded last year to avoid the AF and want to get another Explorer card with bonus. Now coming up on 24 months since my original Explorer bonus.
Yes, it's a different product.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 10:33 am

Location: Half time in PDX, Half time in Ajijic, Mexico. Near GDL
Programs: AA Platinum
UA Exlorer Card Approved. Here's the timeline

Here's a data point for anyone wondering "how long" does this or that step take. Here's what my timeline looked like.
November 5--Applied
November 6--Got the 2 week message on the phone status line
November 8--Phone status changed to 7 to 10 business days.
November 26--Called Monday after Thanksgiving as I had not heard anything (11 bus. days after the 7-10 day message). Card was approved on the phone. Asked for expedited delivery and was told had to wait for Partner Verification before they could send expedited. Card appeared in my Chase online account a couple hours later.
November 28--PartnerVerification completed and card sent out with expedited delivery
November 29--Card Arrived and activated at 4:35pm
November 30--8 p.m. the special award availability showed on United website searches. Wasn't there at noon, but did not check between noon and 8.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:10 am

I mistakenly clicked on the 65K link (40K + 25K). To me, the 50K miles offer is clearly better. Is it possible to send a secure message to Chase to change my offer?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.