Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cesco.g
="3"%This thread is a continuation of the archived mega thread, found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...t-credit.html]

Public Offer:40k for $2K spend + 25K for $10K spend.. Other goodies. ($95 annual fee waived the first year)

="2"%Public 40k + 25k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
https://www.theexplorercard.com

="2"%Targeted 50k + 5k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
Landing page

Targeted 60k + 3k ($95 annual fee waived the first year) good thru 9/22/21
Landing Page.

Note: For targeted offers, you will be required to login to your MileagePlus account.
If, after logging in, you're redirected to a lower offer, it means you're not targeted.
__________________________________________________ ____________________

Public 50k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Redirect page Application page

Targeted 70k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, reappeared 2/1/17)
Landing page Redirect page Application page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Targeted 70k + 5k AU offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Chase Private Clients may be pre-approved for better or different offers, it's worth asking your banker.
__________________________________________________ _____________________

My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
no longer available

Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card currently offering 30K miles: United MP Business card: public offer now 50K miles!!

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
How long should I wait between canceling a card and then reapplying?
What's the Chase "5/24" policy I keep hearing about?
Now that I've completed the required spend, when will my signup bonus post?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward

Where can I find an online copy of the guide to the card's benefits (such as purchase protection, car rental CDW coverage, etc.)?
Go to https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

A few of the best features of the card include priority boarding, a free checked bag, and increased award ticket availability. Priority boarding and the free checked bag for cardholders is included even on the new "basic economy" fares.

For discussion of Mileage Plus benefits, see the master thread in the United forum, found here: United MileagePlus Master Wiki

Print Wikipost

United Explorer Card (2015 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
You can pay during online or in-app check-in, if necessary.
FlyingHighlander likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 9:20 am

Programs: UA1k, DL
Forgive me if I missed this, I’ve tried to search best I can on my mobile device.

I hold a personal UA Explorer card, which I obtained over two years ago. I received an offer for a business UA Explorer card with a 75k bonus after 5k in spend. Am I eligible for the bonus given that I have an existing UA Explorer personal card?

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:57 am
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Originally Posted by Denolloyd
Forgive me if I missed this, I’ve tried to search best I can on my mobile device.

I hold a personal UA Explorer card, which I obtained over two years ago. I received an offer for a business UA Explorer card with a 75k bonus after 5k in spend. Am I eligible for the bonus given that I have an existing UA Explorer personal card?

Thanks in advance!

I got the offer in the email too. The link prompts you to log in with your MP password and that's suppose to show you the offers. So it sounds like it's targeted.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 1:15 am

Originally Posted by Denolloyd

Thanks in advance!
Indeed you are eligible, go for it

The business is a distinctly separate product from the personal
Old Sep 13, 2018, 6:56 am

Wife signed up for the card with a 50k targeted bonus. 5k bonus points for authorized user posted after the first short statement period. Hit the bonus spend during the second statement period but no bonus points. The points per dollar posted right away. Is there a delay on the bonus points posting?
Old Sep 13, 2018, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by stampchez
Is there a delay on the bonus points posting?
Yes. Widespread with Chase for the last few weeks.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 7:39 pm

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Need to book an itinerary where booking thru United shows the best price, so thinking of getting my SO a United explorer card. Offer shown during booking is 40k miles + $100 statement credit. She is 3/24 and 2/8 (CFU, CSP) for Chase with all accounts current. Credit score ~ 730.
Thoughts on approval odds ?
Old Sep 13, 2018, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Seems guaranteed for approval, but that's a relatively lousy offer. Shouldn't be that hard to fish for the 60k version, right?
Old Sep 13, 2018, 7:56 pm

The 50k link still seems to work. that's what I used (without getting it "inflight"). it was posted earlier in this thread I believe.

https://www.theexplorercard.com/50k3kinflight
Old Sep 13, 2018, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by findark
Seems guaranteed for approval, but that's a relatively lousy offer. Shouldn't be that hard to fish for the 60k version, right?
Are those still available? Any clue to get that targeted offer now?
Did some cursory check and seems one way is to have some UA miles in the ff account and I would need to open an account and transfer some from UR. Is this a sure way or are there better ways ?
Old Sep 13, 2018, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander
The 50k link still seems to work. that's what I used (without getting it "inflight"). it was posted earlier in this thread I believe.

https://www.theexplorercard.com/50k3kinflight
So this has 10k miles extra but without the $100 statement credit after 1st purchase (which I anyway's have to do).
MSR's is also $3k vs $2k
Old Sep 13, 2018, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by abhilife2001
So this has 10k miles extra but without the $100 statement credit after 1st purchase (which I anyway's have to do).
MSR's is also $3k vs $2k
I'm sure the $100 statement credit was there when I signed up. Apparently it's now gone from all cards https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/cred...w-cardholders/
Old Sep 13, 2018, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
I'm a little bit out of date but until quite recently the standard was a 30-50k public offer and the targeted offer (often showed up on the UA website) was the same but with an extra 20k miles, and sometimes FYF/100SC/etc. The wiki has a link for 60k+FYF which is in my opinion more attractive than even 40k+FYF+100SC
Old Sep 13, 2018, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by findark
I'm a little bit out of date but until quite recently the standard was a 30-50k public offer and the targeted offer (often showed up on the UA website) was the same but with an extra 20k miles, and sometimes FYF/100SC/etc. The wiki has a link for 60k+FYF which is in my opinion more attractive than even 40k+FYF+100SC
All the links in the WIKI are NOT current. The 60K link requires you to insert your FF # and password. When I do that I get a 40K offer. So it's either targeted or completely dead. One of the 50K links still works.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
All the links in the WIKI are NOT current. The 60K link requires you to insert your FF # and password. When I do that I get a 40K offer. So it's either targeted or completely dead. One of the 50K links still works.
The United Business card is (targeting) offering 75K. DoC has a post on it. The Business card may not be as good as the personal as the personal offer more benefits (I recall: 25% in-flight purchase credit and global entry) than the business one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.