Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cesco.g
="3"%This thread is a continuation of the archived mega thread, found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...t-credit.html]

Public Offer:40k for $2K spend + 25K for $10K spend.. Other goodies. ($95 annual fee waived the first year)

="2"%Public 40k + 25k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
https://www.theexplorercard.com

="2"%Targeted 50k + 5k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
Landing page

Targeted 60k + 3k ($95 annual fee waived the first year) good thru 9/22/21
Landing Page.

Note: For targeted offers, you will be required to login to your MileagePlus account.
If, after logging in, you're redirected to a lower offer, it means you're not targeted.
__________________________________________________ ____________________

Public 50k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Redirect page Application page

Targeted 70k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, reappeared 2/1/17)
Landing page Redirect page Application page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Targeted 70k + 5k AU offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Chase Private Clients may be pre-approved for better or different offers, it's worth asking your banker.
__________________________________________________ _____________________

My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
no longer available

Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card currently offering 30K miles: United MP Business card: public offer now 50K miles!!

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
How long should I wait between canceling a card and then reapplying?
What's the Chase "5/24" policy I keep hearing about?
Now that I've completed the required spend, when will my signup bonus post?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward

Where can I find an online copy of the guide to the card's benefits (such as purchase protection, car rental CDW coverage, etc.)?
Go to https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

A few of the best features of the card include priority boarding, a free checked bag, and increased award ticket availability. Priority boarding and the free checked bag for cardholders is included even on the new "basic economy" fares.

For discussion of Mileage Plus benefits, see the master thread in the United forum, found here: United MileagePlus Master Wiki

Print Wikipost

United Explorer Card (2015 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2018, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Polytonic
There's a 50,000 mile in-flight offer that probably goes on for a lot longer -- a few people above have posted the link I believe. 50k is a pretty standard offer for miles/points. If you really wanted "the best" offer, wait for the 60k/70k targeted offer to cycle up again (if it ever does).
The 60k targeted offer exists right now. It.has been here the whole time that the 40k public has been here. I get 40k when I go to United.com (whee I'm Premier Silver due to Marriott), and when I log in it gets replaced by 60k.

The problem is that not everyone is targeted. So it's not sufficient to wait for a targeted offer to exist, you also have to actually be targeted for it!
Old Jul 23, 2018, 7:44 pm

I wasn't targeted for the 50K offer last week, but checked again today and it's now 60K. I am a Chase Private Client. I've had the MileagePlus card before. Last one cancelled in 2013. Have had 3 of these total in the past. Will they approve another if I've had the card before? I've been out of the churning game for a while. I've had only 1 other app in 24 months. Thanks for the help anyone can offer!
Old Jul 24, 2018, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jabtravel
I wasn't targeted for the 50K offer last week, but checked again today and it's now 60K. I am a Chase Private Client. I've had the MileagePlus card before. Last one cancelled in 2013. Have had 3 of these total in the past. Will they approve another if I've had the card before? I've been out of the churning game for a while. I've had only 1 other app in 24 months. Thanks for the help anyone can offer!
The full rules are in the wikipost atop this thread:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...17-onward.html

(because they're the same for all Chase cards that have signup bonuses), but the short answer is you should be good to go given the specific info you gave. (Read that wikipost if you want to know why.)
Old Jul 24, 2018, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
The 60k targeted offer exists right now. It.has been here the whole time that the 40k public has been here. I get 40k when I go to United.com (whee I'm Premier Silver due to Marriott), and when I log in it gets replaced by 60k.

The problem is that not everyone is targeted. So it's not sufficient to wait for a targeted offer to exist, you also have to actually be targeted for it!
How do you know if you are "targeted?"

I go to my Mileage plus account online and I see the 40k offer. I have rather high credit score so would hope for more than that.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by randys1
How do you know if you are "targeted?".
I don't know if there are any other ways, but for me, it's the difference between being logged into ua.com or not. Logged out, I see the public 40k offer on my main UA page. Logged in, I see the targeted 60k offer on my main UA page. I know it's targeted because not everyone sees it (that's the definition of a targeted offer).

I don't know what the targeting is based on. I've been United Silver for a few years, and I can't remember if I was targeted as much (or at all) before that or not. Since I've been United Silver (through Marriott Platinum only, no flown United flights in several years), I seem to consistently get those targeted offers giving me 20k more miles than the public offer (though sometimes leaving off something else like a statement credit).
Old Jul 25, 2018, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I don't know if there are any other ways, but for me, it's the difference between being logged into ua.com or not. Logged out, I see the public 40k offer on my main UA page. Logged in, I see the targeted 60k offer on my main UA page. I know it's targeted because not everyone sees it (that's the definition of a targeted offer).

I don't know what the targeting is based on. I've been United Silver for a few years, and I can't remember if I was targeted as much (or at all) before that or not. Since I've been United Silver (through Marriott Platinum only, no flown United flights in several years), I seem to consistently get those targeted offers giving me 20k more miles than the public offer (though sometimes leaving off something else like a statement credit).
Thanks, when I sign in I see the 40K, am also Silver and my credit score is well over 800, so that sucks.

But thanks.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 4:46 pm

United MilagePlus Explorer card -- When do I get it in the mail?

Hi,

I was approved for a united MilagePlus Explorer card today (applied earlier this week and was pending until today). When I called to ask for this card to be shipped expedited, they said there is no way because this needs to be handled by united. Questions:

1) Is this true? Has anyone been able to successfully get this card expedited?

2) If not, how long does it take for me to get this in the mail? Is it regular USPS mail? First class?

I am going on vacation starting end of next week and would like to be able to use this card if possible. I opted for the 50K miles bonus offer which I received on board a united flight last month. I need to spend $3K on it to get the 50K bonus united miles in the next 3 months!

Thank you!

Last edited by goodmali; Jul 25, 2018 at 5:36 pm
Old Jul 25, 2018, 5:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Usually 7-10 days from approval date, by mail. If you don't get it by Tuesday, call again to request an expedited copy.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 5:52 pm

Thank you very much. 7-10 days should be fine. The agent told me 7-10 *business* days which could be up to two weeks. I am really hoping to receive it by end of next week!
Old Jul 26, 2018, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by goodmali
Hi,

I was approved for a united MilagePlus Explorer card today (applied earlier this week and was pending until today). When I called to ask for this card to be shipped expedited, they said there is no way because this needs to be handled by united. Questions:

1) Is this true? Has anyone been able to successfully get this card expedited?

2) If not, how long does it take for me to get this in the mail? Is it regular USPS mail? First class?

I am going on vacation starting end of next week and would like to be able to use this card if possible. I opted for the 50K miles bonus offer which I received on board a united flight last month. I need to spend $3K on it to get the 50K bonus united miles in the next 3 months!

Thank you!
Sounds like you got an unhelpful phone rep. For Chase cards issued with a third party (United, Marriott, etc.), it usually takes ~1-3 days from Chase's approval for the partner to process/recognize it in their systems. Then Chase prints and ships out the card.

I'd call Chase the end of this week to see about getting it rushed. Else it'll be shipped out USPS first class in a sparsely marked white envelope. It may not be shipped until early next week, so it'd be safer to request that it be expedited (UPS overnight)
Old Jul 26, 2018, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by prech
Sounds like you got an unhelpful phone rep. For Chase cards issued with a third party (United, Marriott, etc.), it usually takes ~1-3 days from Chase's approval for the partner to process/recognize it in their systems. Then Chase prints and ships out the card.

I'd call Chase the end of this week to see about getting it rushed. Else it'll be shipped out USPS first class in a sparsely marked white envelope. It may not be shipped until early next week, so it'd be safer to request that it be expedited (UPS overnight)
Thank you! I will give them a call tomorrow.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by milesforhire
The MileagePlus card earns miles at a terrible rate and the TravelBank earns UA GC "cashback". If you're just keeping it for AAoA, I'd do the MileagePlus card. Keeps miles from expiring.
Any idea if the free MP Visa offers better award flight availability (similar to the Annual Fee MP)? I've read mixed info across various sites (AskSebby, Reddit, etc.)
Old Jul 28, 2018, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by cliff1127
Any idea if the free MP Visa offers better award flight availability (similar to the Annual Fee MP)? I've read mixed info across various sites (AskSebby, Reddit, etc.)
Does anyone have an answer on no annual fee card award availability?
Old Jul 29, 2018, 1:14 am

If I accumulate United miles via using this card and flying, can I use those miles to book a reward flight In my wife's name only?

I would be accompanying her, however if I'd be on a different ticket paid by my employer.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander
If I accumulate United miles via using this card and flying, can I use those miles to book a reward flight In my wife's name only?

I would be accompanying her, however if I'd be on a different ticket paid by my employer.
Yes, you can use your MileagePlus Miles to book an award flight for someone else.
FlyingHighlander likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.