Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cesco.g
="3"%This thread is a continuation of the archived mega thread, found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...t-credit.html]

Public Offer:40k for $2K spend + 25K for $10K spend.. Other goodies. ($95 annual fee waived the first year)

="2"%Public 40k + 25k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
https://www.theexplorercard.com

="2"%Targeted 50k + 5k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
Landing page

Targeted 60k + 3k ($95 annual fee waived the first year) good thru 9/22/21
Landing Page.

Note: For targeted offers, you will be required to login to your MileagePlus account.
If, after logging in, you're redirected to a lower offer, it means you're not targeted.
__________________________________________________ ____________________

Public 50k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Redirect page Application page

Targeted 70k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, reappeared 2/1/17)
Landing page Redirect page Application page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Targeted 70k + 5k AU offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Chase Private Clients may be pre-approved for better or different offers, it's worth asking your banker.
__________________________________________________ _____________________

My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
no longer available

Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card currently offering 30K miles: United MP Business card: public offer now 50K miles!!

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
How long should I wait between canceling a card and then reapplying?
What's the Chase "5/24" policy I keep hearing about?
Now that I've completed the required spend, when will my signup bonus post?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward

Where can I find an online copy of the guide to the card's benefits (such as purchase protection, car rental CDW coverage, etc.)?
Go to https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

A few of the best features of the card include priority boarding, a free checked bag, and increased award ticket availability. Priority boarding and the free checked bag for cardholders is included even on the new "basic economy" fares.

For discussion of Mileage Plus benefits, see the master thread in the United forum, found here: United MileagePlus Master Wiki

Print Wikipost

United Explorer Card (2015 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2018, 3:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by mia
Be aware that a person who holds a Sapphire Reserve is not eligible to open a Sapphire Preferred:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...hire-card.html
\

Instead of the Sapphire Preferred, both of you can apply for Chase Ink Business Preferred which gets you 80K UR points with $5k spend. You just need to have some business expenses, although in practice I don't think Chase or others do any validation of business revenue.

Are you under 5/24? You may not be able to get all these cards if not (google "chase 5/24" and learn about this limitation).
Old Jan 15, 2018, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by joachimm
\n
Instead of the Sapphire Preferred, both of you can apply for Chase Ink Business Preferred which gets you 80K UR points with $5k spend. You just need to have some business expenses, although in practice I don't think Chase or others do any validation of business revenue.

Are you under 5/24? You may not be able to get all these cards if not (google "chase 5/24" and learn about this limitation).
Yes, both the wife and I are 1/24 at the moment. Bummer on the Sapphire family rule. I did some research and it seems possible to get the Ink Business Preferred for both my wife and I. As a side gig, I'm a consultant while my wife will be an eBay seller.
joachimm likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 10:45 am
RNE

Originally Posted by champ.49er
My concern is that with our trip in June, we might not have enough time to book flights as they will either be sold out or the mileage cost will be higher.
I think your concerns are well founded. Future availability and mileage amounts have perhaps never been more unpredictable than nowadays. That said, availability is always more volatile than award mileage requirements. But there's little you can do about the latter, so let's focus on the miles you'll need. Time, as you intimate, is against you. While you're accumulating award miles, availability could dry up—assuming it's not already desiccated. Therefore, with trepidation, let me loose the dogs of war by suggesting you consider what is anathema to many: buying award miles via United's Award Accelerator feature. No, it's not as good as sign-up bonuses, and I'm not suggesting you buy a boatload of them, but award accelerator is a quick and sure way to get the final miles you need right away to lock-in fleeting award availability.

RNE, wishing you good luck.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 7:17 am

I'm have the club card for multiple years now. Does anyone know if I can apply for the explorer card for the new bonus and keep my club card still?
Old Jan 19, 2018, 8:23 am

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by drew in the air
I'm have the club card for multiple years now. Does anyone know if I can apply for the explorer card for the new bonus and keep my club card still?
Yes, you can. Different products.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Thumbs up

Used the first link in the Wikipost, for the 50,000 miles.

On the application form:

"Please enter the 6-character promotional code written on the application you received from your flight attendant. If you do not have a code, please enter 999999."

Went smoothly for my young adult son. When first intending to apply from his Mileage Plus account, the advertising once he signed in only offered 40,000 miles.

So I showed him this alternative.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 12:00 pm

United Mileage Plus. Cancel or get a new one?

I have had my United Mileageplus Explorer card for 3 years now. I don’t really use it. I saw a new offer, so I thought I might apply and then I’d take a trip and call it a day. I called chase to make sure I’ve had the card open for 24 months and it turns out it’s almost 3 years. So I explained I wanted to open a new one to get the new offer. The customer service rep said I can not do that. It is “frowned upon.” I said it doesn’t say you cannot apply bc it’s frowned upon. She said I couldn’t apply bc I already have had the bonus.

My questions for the experts: Can I open a new card, do the spend, and get the bonus? Or am I hosed? Can I cancel the current card today and apply tomorrow? Or do I have to wait 24 months?
Old Mar 4, 2018, 4:51 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by BigMouthStrikesAgain
My questions for the experts: Can I open a new card, do the spend, and get the bonus? Or am I hosed? Can I cancel the current card today and apply tomorrow? Or do I have to wait 24 months?
You cannot have the card and apply for it. Therefore, cancel the card you have. Do it now. A month from now, apply for it again. Hopefully, the CSR didn't note anything on your record. In the future, don't call and tip your hand like that. Your handle is apt.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 4:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Does this card give the holder a discount on food or alcohol purchases while on board? Thanks.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by joe_miami
Does this card give the holder a discount on food or alcohol purchases while on board? Thanks.
No you just get 2x miles for that purchase.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 5:22 pm
Suspended

Thanks.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by srdshelly
I suspect you're right and the statement that "This product is available to you if you do not have this Card and have not received a new Cardmember bonus for this Card in the past 24 months" leaves out other conditions.

But I decided to try anyway. I'm grasping at straws, of course, but the mailer says, "Congratulations, David, on using your miles for an award." I did redeem an award recently, so my offer seems to be one targeted to people who don't have the card and recently redeemed an award. I'm pending, and expecting nothing, so if I have any good news to report, it will be a surprise, and I'll certainly mention it here.
I recently transferred Chase UR points to my United account and got a mailer with a link "UnitedExplorerCard.com/BonusXX" I'm well over 5/24...any chance an application through this link would work? Did search the forums and found post above so not too optimistic...

Thought I would check as I don't want to apply if there is no chance.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 6:22 pm
Suspended

Not aware of any mailers for the United card that bypass 5/24.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 7:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by joe_miami
The United TravelBank Visa gives a 25% statement credit for purchasing onboard F&B including alcohol.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 7:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Magic Pickles

The United TravelBank Visa gives a 25% statement credit for purchasing onboard F&B including alcohol.
Thanks. This card is subject to Chase's so-called 5/24 rule, right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.