Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cesco.g
="3"%This thread is a continuation of the archived mega thread, found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...t-credit.html]

Public Offer:40k for $2K spend + 25K for $10K spend.. Other goodies. ($95 annual fee waived the first year)

="2"%Public 40k + 25k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
https://www.theexplorercard.com

="2"%Targeted 50k + 5k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
Landing page

Targeted 60k + 3k ($95 annual fee waived the first year) good thru 9/22/21
Landing Page.

Note: For targeted offers, you will be required to login to your MileagePlus account.
If, after logging in, you're redirected to a lower offer, it means you're not targeted.
__________________________________________________ ____________________

Public 50k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Redirect page Application page

Targeted 70k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, reappeared 2/1/17)
Landing page Redirect page Application page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Targeted 70k + 5k AU offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Chase Private Clients may be pre-approved for better or different offers, it's worth asking your banker.
__________________________________________________ _____________________

My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
no longer available

Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card currently offering 30K miles: United MP Business card: public offer now 50K miles!!

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
How long should I wait between canceling a card and then reapplying?
What's the Chase "5/24" policy I keep hearing about?
Now that I've completed the required spend, when will my signup bonus post?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward

Where can I find an online copy of the guide to the card's benefits (such as purchase protection, car rental CDW coverage, etc.)?
Go to https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

A few of the best features of the card include priority boarding, a free checked bag, and increased award ticket availability. Priority boarding and the free checked bag for cardholders is included even on the new "basic economy" fares.

For discussion of Mileage Plus benefits, see the master thread in the United forum, found here: United MileagePlus Master Wiki

Print Wikipost

United Explorer Card (2015 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2020, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
But not the legacy no-fee card, I assume.
which card is this and can I product switch to this from a Chase MileagePlan CC?
Old Jan 12, 2020, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by MitzEclipse
which card is this and can I product switch to this from a Chase MileagePlan CC?
It's the old Chase MileagePlus (non-Explorer) card, with no AF and weak earning (1 mile/$2 in spend).

They certainly still exist; my DW has one, which she downgraded to from an Explorer card a few years back, even after the no-fee card had stopped being something you could sign up for directly. The wiki for the current Chase downgrade thread and its predecessor both mention this as a possible downgrade option, although I don't recall seeing any recent data points, so the info may be stale.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 10:51 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by beltway
It's the old Chase MileagePlus (non-Explorer) card, with no AF and weak earning (1 mile/$2 in spend).

They certainly still exist; my DW has one, which she downgraded to from an Explorer card a few years back, even after the no-fee card had stopped being something you could sign up for directly. The wiki for the current Chase downgrade thread and its predecessor both mention this as a possible downgrade option, although I don't recall seeing any recent data points, so the info may be stale.

I have downgraded two cards to both the Mileage Plus and Travel Bank no fee versions in mid 2019.
beltway likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Is the no-fee MileagePlus card just for keeping the credit line open, or does that also have the increased award availability, BG2 boarding, etc.?
Old Jan 18, 2020, 2:04 pm

My wife applied for a CIP Biz card and got the "We have received your request for a Chase credit card. We'll let you know our decision as soon as possible." note. With the 65K offer ending on Wednesday, is it OK for her to apply for this card now or do I need to wait on a decision on the CIP card? I'd apply myself, but I'm at 6/24. She's at 3 or 4/24.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by Polytonic
Is the no-fee MileagePlus card just for keeping the credit line open, or does that also have the increased award availability, BG2 boarding, etc.?
I sill have increased award availability. I downgraded to this card in case I ever need to upgrade back to the Explorer card while being over 5/24.

Originally Posted by DVDBob
My wife applied for a CIP Biz card and got the "We have received your request for a Chase credit card. We'll let you know our decision as soon as possible." note. With the 65K offer ending on Wednesday, is it OK for her to apply for this card now or do I need to wait on a decision on the CIP card? I'd apply myself, but I'm at 6/24. She's at 3 or 4/24.
Applying for another Chase card prior to the CIP being approved could put that application at risk.
beltway likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by pallhedge
I sill have increased award availability. I downgraded to this card in case I ever need to upgrade back to the Explorer card while being over 5/24.

Applying for another Chase card prior to the CIP being approved could put that application at risk.
OK. Thanks. Wish I had seen the end date for the offer before going for the CIP. Oh well, guess I'll have to wait and maybe go for the CIU in a month or so.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by pallhedge
I sill have increased award availability [with no-fee United card]
Can anyone else confirm this? That's half the reason I keep the MPE card.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by threeoh
Can anyone else confirm this? That's half the reason I keep the MPE card.
Theres a no fee UA card?
Old Jan 19, 2020, 3:38 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander
Theres a no fee UA card?
Yes:

https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...k/earn-rewards

There is also a free card that is not open for applications, but might still be open for downgrades.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 1:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
I want to apply for the new United MPE offer that came out today 60K for $3K spend. I just looked and received my last bonus on the MPE on 1/16/18, so its been 24 months, barely. I still have that account open, however, I downgraded it to the free version of the card a year ago. Am I good to apply for this one?
Old Jan 23, 2020, 11:41 pm

Any ideas on how to generate a referral link for the current 60k SUB with $3k spend? My referral link points to 40k SUB with $2k spend.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 3:00 pm

Did the business version of the Explorer card go away? All I see now is the New "Business" card.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 11:26 pm

Wont Honor $250 Statement Credit Promo

1/12/20 Signed up for United Explorer Chase Visa while on the United Airlines site shopping for flights. Link said $250 statement credit within 6-8 wks after 1st purchase.
Got the card no Info about $250?? Called Chase
Got manager and big RUNAROUND excuse saying yes there is such an offer but you didnt get that one..
I said I have screenshot.. They did not care..just kept telling me about offer i supposedly signed up for.
CAN YOU SPELL BAIT N SWITCH!! Im so angry with Chase being a liar about this ... how could I possibly know about an offer much less have screenshot of it. .I needed to book the flight I had paid for a fair lock while waiting for the card to arrive.. The Manager DANIEL (no name) stated hed have a higher manager call me within 72 hrs..No Calls, No msgs.
Chase You Are A Liar!! Beware People..
Old Jan 29, 2020, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by Helen VA
1/12/20 Signed up for United Explorer Chase Visa while on the United Airlines site shopping for flights. Link said $250 statement credit within 6-8 wks after 1st purchase.
Got the card no Info about $250?? Called Chase
Got manager and big RUNAROUND excuse saying yes there is such an offer but you didnt get that one..
I said I have screenshot.. They did not care..just kept telling me about offer i supposedly signed up for.
CAN YOU SPELL BAIT N SWITCH!! Im so angry with Chase being a liar about this ... how could I possibly know about an offer much less have screenshot of it. .I needed to book the flight I had paid for a fair lock while waiting for the card to arrive.. The Manager DANIEL (no name) stated hed have a higher manager call me within 72 hrs..No Calls, No msgs.
Chase You Are A Liar!! Beware People..
Welcome to FT.

I suggest you wait the 6-8 wks after your first purchase before contacting Chase. It's been 2+ wks since you signed up on 1/12. Assuming you meet the TC, the credit should appear by the second statement.

Also, see this thread: Chase refuses to honor Explorer Mileage Plus offer for $250 statement credit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.