Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cesco.g
="3"%This thread is a continuation of the archived mega thread, found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...t-credit.html]

Public Offer:40k for $2K spend + 25K for $10K spend.. Other goodies. ($95 annual fee waived the first year)

="2"%Public 40k + 25k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
https://www.theexplorercard.com

="2"%Targeted 50k + 5k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
Landing page

Targeted 60k + 3k ($95 annual fee waived the first year) good thru 9/22/21
Landing Page.

Note: For targeted offers, you will be required to login to your MileagePlus account.
If, after logging in, you're redirected to a lower offer, it means you're not targeted.
__________________________________________________ ____________________

Public 50k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Redirect page Application page

Targeted 70k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, reappeared 2/1/17)
Landing page Redirect page Application page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Targeted 70k + 5k AU offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Chase Private Clients may be pre-approved for better or different offers, it's worth asking your banker.
__________________________________________________ _____________________

My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
no longer available

Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card currently offering 30K miles: United MP Business card: public offer now 50K miles!!

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
How long should I wait between canceling a card and then reapplying?
What's the Chase "5/24" policy I keep hearing about?
Now that I've completed the required spend, when will my signup bonus post?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward

Where can I find an online copy of the guide to the card's benefits (such as purchase protection, car rental CDW coverage, etc.)?
Go to https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

A few of the best features of the card include priority boarding, a free checked bag, and increased award ticket availability. Priority boarding and the free checked bag for cardholders is included even on the new "basic economy" fares.

For discussion of Mileage Plus benefits, see the master thread in the United forum, found here: United MileagePlus Master Wiki

Print Wikipost

United Explorer Card (2015 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2016, 11:33 pm

Programs: PetCo Pals Rewards
Originally Posted by aza72
When does the 10K bonus post? Confirmed that I had spent 25K and got the PQD waiver, but the bonus miles didn't show up with the last statement.
It posted with the second statement of the year.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 6:49 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
It is now the third day since the first statement closed on my second UA card. I met the minimum spending about 12 days before the statement closed. Nothing has posted on my UA account yet. Fingers crossed!
Old Feb 18, 2016, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by aza72
That's an unpublished benefit of the card. It seems like chase synchronizes the PQD waiver information on a weekly basis, so I would give it a week for the XN space as well.
Would be nice if they made IN space available to Club Card holders...
Old Feb 18, 2016, 1:30 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Originally Posted by TOMFORD
It is now the third day since the first statement closed on my second UA card. I met the minimum spending about 12 days before the statement closed. Nothing has posted on my UA account yet. Fingers crossed!
50K miles bonus + 5K AU spending posted just now.

Last edited by TOMFORD; Feb 18, 2016 at 2:08 pm
Old Feb 18, 2016, 10:35 pm

DW had received targeted offers for the 50K bonus last summer and fall pretty frequently. We didn't really need it at the time and had other mileage priorities so we did not sign up. Given the new upcoming restrictions and her near term travel with United, I've been wanting to get her this card with the 50K bonus. I recalled that every time she earned miles through the mileageplus dining program, she would get a targeted offer for the 50K bonus. So we went out of our way to dine out at a participating restaurant and used the linked card. Miles posted to UA and then lo and behold, three days later, a targeted offer for the 50K bonus showed up in the mail. Plan to apply very soon.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 6:27 pm

Programs: UA
Might be a stupid question, sorry in advance if the answer is easily found - when does the 30/50k signup bonus apply to your account? Do I need to wait 3 months after opening the card or will I get it right away or next billing cycle when I pass the 1k minimum spend?

I ask because I want to do an award trip in mid-April.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by emika
Might be a stupid question, sorry in advance if the answer is easily found - when does the 30/50k signup bonus apply to your account? Do I need to wait 3 months after opening the card or will I get it right away or next billing cycle when I pass the 1k minimum spend?

I ask because I want to do an award trip in mid-April.
The answer is in the bottom of the Wiki of the STICKY thread Apply for Chase Cards.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 11:45 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by Happy
The answer is in the bottom of the Wiki of the STICKY thread Apply for Chase Cards.
Thank you! Must have glossed over that bit.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Cool It is almost Monday, 29 February 2016.

Originally Posted by konoyaro (Post # 8)
In case this helps anyone:

UnitedExplorerCard.com/C124 seems to be active for - 50K + 5K additional user, no annual fee for the first year with 2K spend in 3mo. Looks like the offer expires 2/29/16.
Only a few days to go for this version.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 7:26 pm

Get target for 50k offer. But no $50 credit even if I tried some links from here or do a booking.
Can I apply for the 30k+$50 link and then ask for match for 50k? Any data point about it? Thank you!
Old Mar 7, 2016, 9:31 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by TOMFORD
Applied for my second personal UA 2 year + 11 days after getting the sign on bonus for my first. Statement closed yesterday, still no posting of miles yet... Stay tuned!!!
How much time did you leave between closing your 1st card and applying for your 2nd one? Were you instantly approved?
Old Mar 7, 2016, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by bestwood
Get target for 50k offer. But no $50 credit even if I tried some links from here or do a booking.
Can I apply for the 30k+$50 link and then ask for match for 50k? Any data point about it? Thank you!
Silly question, but we're you logged in while trying to make the booking? And do you have any status? I just got the 50k + $50 credit after I became Silver by way of Marriot Plat status.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 10:58 am

Programs: AA, HH, SPG, UA
I had the 50K + 5K additional user offer when I logged in. No $50 credit
But its okay, applied regardless, pending....fingers crossed!
Old Mar 8, 2016, 12:06 pm

My SO was targeted the 50,000 mailing offer. Are these offers pre-approved / pre-qualified or based on United activity? Her credit score is below the threshold, so I am not sure if we should pull the trigger.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 3:06 pm

Went into a Chase branch today and they said there is no 50k offer for the consumer Explorer card. Did the deadline already pass?

Originally Posted by VolareOooCantareOoo
My SO was targeted the 50,000 mailing offer. Are these offers pre-approved / pre-qualified or based on United activity? Her credit score is below the threshold, so I am not sure if we should pull the trigger.
Is that offer transferrable by any chance?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.