Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cesco.g
="3"%This thread is a continuation of the archived mega thread, found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...t-credit.html]

Public Offer:40k for $2K spend + 25K for $10K spend.. Other goodies. ($95 annual fee waived the first year)

="2"%Public 40k + 25k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
https://www.theexplorercard.com

="2"%Targeted 50k + 5k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
Landing page

Targeted 60k + 3k ($95 annual fee waived the first year) good thru 9/22/21
Landing Page.

Note: For targeted offers, you will be required to login to your MileagePlus account.
If, after logging in, you're redirected to a lower offer, it means you're not targeted.
__________________________________________________ ____________________

Public 50k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Redirect page Application page

Targeted 70k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, reappeared 2/1/17)
Landing page Redirect page Application page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Targeted 70k + 5k AU offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Chase Private Clients may be pre-approved for better or different offers, it's worth asking your banker.
__________________________________________________ _____________________

My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
no longer available

Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card currently offering 30K miles: United MP Business card: public offer now 50K miles!!

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
How long should I wait between canceling a card and then reapplying?
What's the Chase "5/24" policy I keep hearing about?
Now that I've completed the required spend, when will my signup bonus post?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward

Where can I find an online copy of the guide to the card's benefits (such as purchase protection, car rental CDW coverage, etc.)?
Go to https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

A few of the best features of the card include priority boarding, a free checked bag, and increased award ticket availability. Priority boarding and the free checked bag for cardholders is included even on the new "basic economy" fares.

For discussion of Mileage Plus benefits, see the master thread in the United forum, found here: United MileagePlus Master Wiki

Print Wikipost

United Explorer Card (2015 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2017, 11:09 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by findark
So, 24 months from the date my MileagePlus statement shows the bonus, to the date I apply for the new card? I can't find the legalese version of the T&Cs for this.
Yes, basically. Though it's possible that Chase will "round up" in counting 24 months. For example, if you earned the bonus on October 13, 2015, you'd technically be eligible to apply again on October 13-14, 2017, but it would be wise to wait until November 1 in case they are counting from the end of the month.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 2:29 pm

Hi All,

My statement closes next week, and I just completed my 3k spend. How long should I expect to see my miles in my account?

Thanks!
Old Jul 31, 2017, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by petey2428
Hi All,

My statement closes next week, and I just completed my 3k spend. How long should I expect to see my miles in my account?
The wiki entry
Now that I've completed the required spend, when will my signup bonus post?
could possibly answer your question.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 9:39 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by petey2428

It looks like the Wiki in this thread does not address this specifically. Many of the topics are broadly covered in the bigger threads. The answer you are looking for is found in the mega-thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...17-onward.html

Here's what it says:

Once I meet the card's spend requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your hotel/airline account within a few days thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending in the last 7-10 days of the statement period, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 10:03 pm

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Current open offer is 40k

After $2k spend in 3mo. Annul fee not waived 1st year. Have never seen 40k before.
https://www.theexplorercard.com/40KAF
Old Aug 4, 2017, 2:22 am
Suspended

Is it possible to mail in an app for the United card?
Old Aug 4, 2017, 3:00 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by Costanza1
Is it possible to mail in an app for the United card?
Yes. The Pony Express charges two bits.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 12:40 pm

I'm looking at a lot of United baggage fees for my upcoming international trip. According to the baggage rules, it looks like I have to pay $100 for my second bag.

(1) If I get the Chase card, do I get 2 free checked bags? Or still just one?
(2) The last time I got this United card, I earned the bonus no later than July 2014. So I should be well within the 24 month rule, right?
(3) If I purchased the flights using a different card, I should still receive the checked bag benefit, right?
Old Aug 15, 2017, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by nsc168
(1) If I get the Chase card, do I get 2 free checked bags? Or still just one?
Just one, even on itineraries where you receive one free checked bag already.

(2) The last time I got this United card, I earned the bonus no later than July 2014. So I should be well within the 24 month rule, right?
Yes.

(3) If I purchased the flights using a different card, I should still receive the checked bag benefit, right?
No. You must purchase the ticket, or some EDD associated with it (such as Economy Plus) with your Explorer Card to get the bag waiver.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 10:39 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Question about United Club access moved:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ed-status.html
Old Sep 3, 2017, 10:20 am

My dad got a 60K + 5K AU + $50 SC with 3K spend, $95 AF not waived, when he logged on today.
osotoc likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by Venomous West
My dad got a 60K + 5K AU + $50 SC with 3K spend, $95 AF not waived, when he logged on today.
I got a similar mailed offer that tells me to go to UnitedExplorerCard.com/Bonus7. No SC, but the 60K + 5K AU. No clue if it's target/linked to my account.

Not sure if this is common knowledge, but I read the last few comments and the wiki and didn't see it.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 1:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Obviously the new Chase United no-fee card isn't getting a lot of attention, but I do have one question about how it impacts the MP Explorer: If the no-fee card offers 25% discount for in-flight purchases on UA, is that something that might come to the MP Explorer?

Last edited by DWooderson; Sep 7, 2017 at 1:45 pm Reason: add "discount"
Old Sep 10, 2017, 10:56 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
I am well over 5/24. However I received a mail-in offer to apply for the card for 60k bonus with a link. I have to insert my United info. Will the 5/24 be waived?
Old Sep 10, 2017, 2:27 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by oneworld82
I am well over 5/24. However I received a mail-in offer to apply for the card for 60k bonus with a link. I have to insert my United info. Will the 5/24 be waived?
Promotional offers will not immunize you. Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.