Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cesco.g
="3"%This thread is a continuation of the archived mega thread, found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...t-credit.html]

Public Offer:40k for $2K spend + 25K for $10K spend.. Other goodies. ($95 annual fee waived the first year)

="2"%Public 40k + 25k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
https://www.theexplorercard.com

="2"%Targeted 50k + 5k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
Landing page

Targeted 60k + 3k ($95 annual fee waived the first year) good thru 9/22/21
Landing Page.

Note: For targeted offers, you will be required to login to your MileagePlus account.
If, after logging in, you're redirected to a lower offer, it means you're not targeted.
__________________________________________________ ____________________

Public 50k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Redirect page Application page

Targeted 70k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, reappeared 2/1/17)
Landing page Redirect page Application page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Targeted 70k + 5k AU offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Chase Private Clients may be pre-approved for better or different offers, it's worth asking your banker.
__________________________________________________ _____________________

My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
no longer available

Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card currently offering 30K miles: United MP Business card: public offer now 50K miles!!

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
How long should I wait between canceling a card and then reapplying?
What's the Chase "5/24" policy I keep hearing about?
Now that I've completed the required spend, when will my signup bonus post?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward

Where can I find an online copy of the guide to the card's benefits (such as purchase protection, car rental CDW coverage, etc.)?
Go to https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

A few of the best features of the card include priority boarding, a free checked bag, and increased award ticket availability. Priority boarding and the free checked bag for cardholders is included even on the new "basic economy" fares.

For discussion of Mileage Plus benefits, see the master thread in the United forum, found here: United MileagePlus Master Wiki

Print Wikipost

United Explorer Card (2015 - 2021)

Old Jun 7, 2016, 10:29 pm

Partner was targeted for 70k offer after logging into United. BUT I first made a dummy booking and voila, 70k + $50 statement credit appeared on the top bar. Makes it a no brainer to apply for that one.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 6:12 am

So I'm well over 5/24 and applied for the 50k, lets see what happens.

Funny thing, I applied for the Continental card years ago and was denied (in college, thin credit file.) Maybe I'm not meant to have a card from this airline.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by financialhippie
So, I'm having trouble with this one. I log in, see the offer for 70,000 bonus miles. When I click the link, I get redirected to a 50,000 bonus mile offer on the card.

I've tried multiple browsers, incognito, no luck. Anyone have any ideas? Think it's worth it to call and ask Chase: "Hi, I see the 70,000 offer, but keep getting redirected to a 50,000 offer." Probably not, huh?
This happened to me, and I applied anyways. After I got approved, I sent them a message explaining the scenario. The first person told me that I would only get the 50k offer, I replied that I applied specifically for the 70k offer. Got a message today that upon further review, I would be getting the 70k offer. Guess it doesn't hurt asking, but I would've accepted the 50k offer anyways.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 7:01 am

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
Originally Posted by gokickrocks
This happened to me, and I applied anyways. After I got approved, I sent them a message explaining the scenario. The first person told me that I would only get the 50k offer, I replied that I applied specifically for the 70k offer. Got a message today that upon further review, I would be getting the 70k offer. Guess it doesn't hurt asking, but I would've accepted the 50k offer anyways.
Hmm, interesting. This may be worth it. See, I typically get the 50k offer every few months in the mail, so the 50k doesn't mean much to me. But 70,000? Now that's another story....

I think I'll plan on trying to see if I can the 70k to pull up naturally until we get towards the end of the June offer period, and then I might do the same thing you did if I need to.

Thanks for the info!
Old Jun 9, 2016, 7:04 am

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
Originally Posted by reverted
Partner was targeted for 70k offer after logging into United. BUT I first made a dummy booking and voila, 70k + $50 statement credit appeared on the top bar. Makes it a no brainer to apply for that one.
I was able to get this too! Just start booking a flight, and the 70k + $50 link will show up on your screen!
Old Jun 10, 2016, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT
I got a snail mail for the 70k offer. Has anyone used this successfully?
Old Jun 10, 2016, 1:14 pm

Programs: AA, Alaska, Hilton, Marriott
Originally Posted by financialhippie
I was able to get this too! Just start booking a flight, and the 70k + $50 link will show up on your screen!
Where does the link show up on the screen? I dummied all the way to the purchase screen and did not see anything.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 9:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond. National Biz Exec. AMX Plat. CSR. Bonvoy Brilliant. Delta Reserve.
Originally Posted by giesen5
Where does the link show up on the screen? I dummied all the way to the purchase screen and did not see anything.
It will show in top right corner - you can't miss it!

Thanks for the OP that posted this tip! I just applied and was approved! I originally only had 70k offer. I think went to set up a flight and it was bumped to 70k plus the $50 statement credit.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 11:45 pm

Programs: AA, Alaska, Hilton, Marriott
Originally Posted by pugsley21
It will show in top right corner - you can't miss it!

Thanks for the OP that posted this tip! I just applied and was approved! I originally only had 70k offer. I think went to set up a flight and it was bumped to 70k plus the $50 statement credit.
Went all the way, nothing shows up in the upper right corner except for the summary of my trip.....
Old Jun 11, 2016, 8:11 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond. National Biz Exec. AMX Plat. CSR. Bonvoy Brilliant. Delta Reserve.
Originally Posted by giesen5
Went all the way, nothing shows up in the upper right corner except for the summary of my trip.....
Make sure you are logged into your MP account. Then I went to book a flight and it was in top right corner.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by canyoncar
So I'm well over 5/24 and applied for the 50k, lets see what happens.

Funny thing, I applied for the Continental card years ago and was denied (in college, thin credit file.) Maybe I'm not meant to have a card from this airline.
Just to follow up, I was denied for "too many cards in past 2 years". I was targeted for the "old" 50k offer (AF waived)
Old Jun 11, 2016, 9:46 pm

Great tip for the $50 statement credit! I was targeted for the standard 50k only offer, but I started booking a flight as described and the $50 credit option popped up.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 5:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Is the Mileage Plus Explorer different than previous Mileage Plus cards?

I had one in 2011 and the statement says MileagePlus United.

I also had one very briefly in 2014 and that statement also says MileagePlus United, no "Explorer." I canceled that immediately because Chase said I wouldn't get the bonus.

Is there a number to call to verify whether I'd get the bonus? I got the bonus in 2011-2012 (and the card may not have been called MileagePlus Explorer).

I took out a new card, again called MileagePlus United, in early 2014, never got the bonus there.

So it would be nice to get clarification before applying.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 9:19 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Well over 5/24, but targeted for the 75K offer when logged in. Has anyone been in this situation and gotten their app approved? Not sure if this should be jumped on or not.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 1:00 pm
jyx

Originally Posted by Preacher7
Well over 5/24, but targeted for the 75K offer when logged in. Has anyone been in this situation and gotten their app approved? Not sure if this should be jumped on or not.
Was targeted for this offer, but was rejected due to "too many credits in last two years". Didn't give up. Was approved almost instantaneously at the branch a few days later (without credit line re-allocation)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.