Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cesco.g
="3"%This thread is a continuation of the archived mega thread, found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...t-credit.html]

Public Offer:40k for $2K spend + 25K for $10K spend.. Other goodies. ($95 annual fee waived the first year)

="2"%Public 40k + 25k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
https://www.theexplorercard.com

="2"%Targeted 50k + 5k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
Landing page

Targeted 60k + 3k ($95 annual fee waived the first year) good thru 9/22/21
Landing Page.

Note: For targeted offers, you will be required to login to your MileagePlus account.
If, after logging in, you're redirected to a lower offer, it means you're not targeted.
__________________________________________________ ____________________

Public 50k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Redirect page Application page

Targeted 70k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, reappeared 2/1/17)
Landing page Redirect page Application page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Targeted 70k + 5k AU offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Chase Private Clients may be pre-approved for better or different offers, it's worth asking your banker.
__________________________________________________ _____________________

My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
no longer available

Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card currently offering 30K miles: United MP Business card: public offer now 50K miles!!

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
How long should I wait between canceling a card and then reapplying?
What's the Chase "5/24" policy I keep hearing about?
Now that I've completed the required spend, when will my signup bonus post?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward

Where can I find an online copy of the guide to the card's benefits (such as purchase protection, car rental CDW coverage, etc.)?
Go to https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

A few of the best features of the card include priority boarding, a free checked bag, and increased award ticket availability. Priority boarding and the free checked bag for cardholders is included even on the new "basic economy" fares.

For discussion of Mileage Plus benefits, see the master thread in the United forum, found here: United MileagePlus Master Wiki

Print Wikipost

United Explorer Card (2015 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2018, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by br2k
The letter (that I posted earlier) says that you will get a 4K bonus for spending $10K or more by June 1st. So, clearly, there will not be a 10K bonus at the same time.
That's not my interpretation of the letter. It says the 10K miles benefit goes away after 5/31/18. I read that to mean that, if your $25,000 in purchases post prior to that time, you get 10K miles. It also says that if you have between $10,000 and $24,999 post by 5/31/18, you get 4K miles. There would be no reason for Chase to specify $24,999 as the cap for earning 4K miles, if you couldn't earn the 10K for $25,000.
N104UA likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by joe_miami
We're getting far off-topic for the United card thread, but the IHG anniversary free night is still valid at 105 of 180 Intercontinental hotels.
Agree. Let's move future IHG discussion to the existing IHG thread here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...04-2018-a.html
Old Apr 30, 2018, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by N104UA

The one nice benefit to this card is the GE/PreCheck fee, which is basically the annual fee for one year.
a nice addition if you didn’t just renew. I’ll sign up again when GE renewal comes up for me in a couple of years.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by drewguy

a nice addition if you didn’t just renew. I’ll sign up again when GE renewal comes up for me in a couple of years.
I try to give my GE credits to friends and family if I don't need them, I would rather someone get the benefit.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 8:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by N104UA
I try to give my GE credits to friends and family if I don't need them, I would rather someone get the benefit.
As would I, except that family renewed recently too!
Old Apr 30, 2018, 9:07 pm

Programs: United, American, JetBlue
A couple questions:
1. A friend/co-worker just applied for this card this weekend (my advice,) but she jumped on the public 40,000 mile offer. I see there's an in-flight offer of 50,000. If she didn't fly on United recently could she still have applied using that link to qualify for the 50,000 miles?
1b. If so, could she call Chase and see if they'd change which offer she is going for?
2. Do they still do a referral program for this card? Should she have put my name down so I get some miles?

Thanks everyone!
Old Apr 30, 2018, 9:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
The referrals are via link only, so it's too late for that. Chase never gives referral bonuses after the fact.

Chase does match certain bonus offers, but I don't know if the in-flight offer qualifies.
Old May 2, 2018, 6:44 pm

Programs: United Platinum
Curious if anyone knows the answer to this:
If I make a purchase with my Explorer card now for a trip in September, but then subsequently cancel the card in July to avoid paying annual fee, will I still be covered by the Explorer Card Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance for my trip in September?
Old May 2, 2018, 9:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
I believe the card has to be active for the insurance to be active, but not positive.
drewguy likes this.
Old May 12, 2018, 1:48 pm

Mileage Plus Explorer card

I received an offer for the 50,000 miles for getting a Mileage Plus Explorer credit card. I know I had one in the past but it has been over 2 years. I applied and was sent a message it would be reviewed and I would get a letter in us mail. Does that mean I have been denied. Should I call them now or wait for reconsideration? Thanks.
Old May 12, 2018, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by lilmama48
I received an offer for the 50,000 miles for getting a Mileage Plus Explorer credit card. I know I had one in the past but it has been over 2 years. I applied and was sent a message it would be reviewed and I would get a letter in us mail. Does that mean I have been denied. Should I call them now or wait for reconsideration? Thanks.
Doesn't mean you've been declined. Don't call, just hang tight. If declined, then call & ask why. Did the message include a time frame on when they'd let you know? 7-10 days? 30 days?
Old May 13, 2018, 1:28 am

Originally Posted by philemer
Doesn't mean you've been declined. Don't call, just hang tight. If declined, then call & ask why. Did the message include a time frame on when they'd let you know? 7-10 days? 30 days?
I second the wait and see suggestion. I just applied and received the MP Explorer card...it is my 4th Chase Personal card. I was instantly approved for my previous chase cards, but was sent the review message for the MPE card. A few days later, I was approved. They moved some of my credit limit/availability from one of my other cards to "make" the new MPE.
Old May 13, 2018, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Anyone know if Chase UA offers the wifi symbol on the card yet so we can "tap and pay"?
Old May 14, 2018, 7:44 am

Does anyone know how GE credit will work on this card? My brother's AF had posted and the statement will get generated at the end of the month. He'll have roughly until the end of June to close the card and get the AF waived. I suggested to him to wait til June 2-3, and then apply for GE using his United card as a payment method. Does GE credit post on the Chase cards pretty quickly after the transaction is made, like AMEX, or there're some ways to make the credit appear sooner?
Old May 18, 2018, 1:17 pm

Does UA still offer the PQD waiver for spending over 25K on the card?
Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.