Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

11.15.2015 Ultimate Rewards transfer ONLY to own & AU's airline/hotel accounts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 13, 2015, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Effective 11/15/15, the rules are different for CSP vs. UR-earning business cards (like the Ink Plus).

Ink Plus: The new program agreement states that
  • for combining points (i.e., moving between two UR accounts), "[y]ou can move your points, but only to another Chase card with Ultimate Rewards belonging to you or one member of your household or owner of the company, as applicable."
  • for transfers from UR to travel partner programs, "[y]ou can transfer points in 1,000 point increments, but only to participating frequent travel program accounts belonging to you or an owner of the company who is listed as an authorized user on the account."
CSP: You can add one household member as an AU and then xfer UR to their programs.

NOTE: According to the Chase website, for both business cards and CSP "only primary cardmember frequent travel program accounts will be saved and authorized user (i.e. householder [sic] member or business owner) frequent travel program account information must be re-entered each time you want to transfer points."

For discussion of technical problems related to combining UR points with other UR accounts, see Problems Combining UR points between accounts.
Print Wikipost

11.15.2015 Ultimate Rewards transfer ONLY to own & AU's airline/hotel accounts

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2018, 4:38 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by sam007
....transfer to my sister's airline/hotel program....
Maybe. She must also be a member of your household -and- you cannot transfer to more than one AU's partner accounts. If you have already transferred to, say, your brother's account that could block transferring to your sister's account.
Brendan likes this.

Last edited by mia; Nov 27, 2018 at 6:19 pm
Old Nov 28, 2018, 12:44 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by mia
Chase offers two distinct ways to move points.

One is to transfer to an airline or hotel frequent flyer account. That is the subject of this policy announcement.

The other is to combine balances by moving points from one Ultimate Rewards account to another. I don't see anything in the announcement which changes the rules for combining.
The clarification is much appreciated. So my wife and I can go on moving UR points back and forth between my Sapphire Preferred and her Freedom until we’re blue in the face? And because she is an authorized user on her mother’s Freedom, the latter can transfer points to an airline frequent flyer account of the former, but not to her UR account?
Brendan likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 4:43 am
mia

Originally Posted by vanillabean
....she is an authorized user on her mother’s Freedom, the latter can transfer points to an airline frequent flyer account of the former....
Unless your wife and her mother reside in the same household they cannot Combine or Transfer to one another's airline or hotel accounts.

In any event, Freedom accounts do not have the Transfer feature.
Brendan likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by mia
Unless your wife and her mother reside in the same household ...
Good one Mia, I haven’t even had my coffee yet!

Originally Posted by mia
... they cannot Combine or Transfer to one another's airline or hotel accounts.

In any event, Freedom accounts do not have the Transfer feature.
Originally Posted by izzik
When you read the fine print.. this particular sentence stands out even more. Choose your authorized user very carefully!

You can transfer points in 1,000 point increments, but only to participating frequent travel program accounts belonging to you or one additional household member who is listed on your account as an authorized user. Once you transfer points to an authorized user, that person will be the only authorized user eligible to receive point transfers through this program.
Originally Posted by beltway
I assume that's from the Chase Sapphire Preferred program agreement. (If so, please post a link.) The Ink Plus agreementreads very differently.
So only Sapphire Preferred (or Reserved) or Ink can Transfer (besides Combine) points? And since the spouse is covered anyway (Combine), the authorized user would really only be someone else, in the household only, or outside (for Ink; my wife’s mother has that too)?

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
You'd think a huge corporation could hire people who can write clear, precise English so that there is no ambiguity in such matters. Sheesh.
Time to get that coffee (the holiday blend hopefully).
Brendan likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 12:37 pm

does the last name have to match when transferring UR to united - it's between two people in same household and related to each other but don't have same last name
Old Nov 29, 2018, 12:43 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Sam007, NO, but the UA member must be an AU on the Main Cardmember's account!
Old Nov 29, 2018, 12:44 pm

yes they are an authorized user but still different last name
Old Nov 29, 2018, 12:46 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Last name does not matter. All they need is to be an AU & to share your street address.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
I tried transferring some points to my wife's UA account and it says I need to call Chase. Sign of trouble?
Old Dec 15, 2018, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by UA Fan
I tried transferring some points to my wife's UA account and it says I need to call Chase. Sign of trouble?
Is she an AU on your CSP/CSR/CIP?
Old Apr 16, 2019, 9:01 am

I tried transferring some points (Buz Ink Plus) to my wife's Flying Blue account "She is an AU and also listed as "Business Owner"and it says "Special handling required. We are unable to process
this transfer online. Please call the number on the back of your card for assistance"
Is this normal?

Last edited by rocco24; Apr 16, 2019 at 9:02 am Reason: Line cut over
Old Apr 16, 2019, 9:20 am
mia

I cannot say if this is related, but it is worth knowing that FlyingBlue is sensitive to transfers into newly created accounts:

Air France/FB says my 317,000+ MR transfer is FRAUD! Help!
Brendan likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by mia
I cannot say if this is related, but it is worth knowing that FlyingBlue is sensitive to transfers into newly created accounts:

Air France/FB says my 317,000+ MR transfer is FRAUD! Help!
It is a very old account so I am ruling that out
Old Apr 16, 2019, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by rocco24
It is a very old account so I am ruling that out
I contacted Chase through SM and they made it impossible
I'll be happy to assist you with your inquiry related to
points transfer to a frequent travel program.
The system will allow one additional business owner to
receive transfers before special handling is required.
Once the maximum (one additional business owner) has been
reached, we will need you to provide documents showing
that the authorized account user is also an owner of the
business.

You can provide us documents such as:
- Form 1040 Schedule C, E or F
- Form 1065, 1120 or 1120S of the business tax return -OR-
- Operating, shareholder, or partnership agreement
Old Apr 16, 2019, 3:29 pm
mia

Originally Posted by rocco24
The system will allow one additional business owner to
receive transfers before special handling is required.
Have you already transferred to another AU/owner?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.