Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

11.15.2015 Ultimate Rewards transfer ONLY to own & AU's airline/hotel accounts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 13, 2015, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Effective 11/15/15, the rules are different for CSP vs. UR-earning business cards (like the Ink Plus).

Ink Plus: The new program agreement states that
  • for combining points (i.e., moving between two UR accounts), "[y]ou can move your points, but only to another Chase card with Ultimate Rewards belonging to you or one member of your household or owner of the company, as applicable."
  • for transfers from UR to travel partner programs, "[y]ou can transfer points in 1,000 point increments, but only to participating frequent travel program accounts belonging to you or an owner of the company who is listed as an authorized user on the account."
CSP: You can add one household member as an AU and then xfer UR to their programs.

NOTE: According to the Chase website, for both business cards and CSP "only primary cardmember frequent travel program accounts will be saved and authorized user (i.e. householder [sic] member or business owner) frequent travel program account information must be re-entered each time you want to transfer points."

For discussion of technical problems related to combining UR points with other UR accounts, see Problems Combining UR points between accounts.
Print Wikipost

11.15.2015 Ultimate Rewards transfer ONLY to own & AU's airline/hotel accounts

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:43 pm

Transferring UR to wife's United account

Hello,

I have CSR. We also have FU and Freedom (where my wife is either primary or authorized user).

I know we can combine UR between accounts, but is there a way to transfer miles to my wife's United account? She is missing 2,000 miles from buying 5 award tickets for the entire family.

Thanks
Old Apr 26, 2017, 5:52 pm

Why not just combine points or send her 2,000 miles from your CSR account (assuming you have the same address). From there, she can transfer the points to United.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 6:24 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by jjoe123
..We also have FU and Freedom
Originally Posted by ponickka
...she can transfer the points to United.
Neither Freedom nor Unlimited is eligible to transfer. You will need to make your wife an Authorized User on your Sapphire Reserve card to transfer to her UA account. This will cost $75.

Last edited by mia; Apr 27, 2017 at 6:19 pm
Old Apr 27, 2017, 1:09 pm

Can I transfer my UR points to my kids' UA account?

My wife also has a CSR card. We can combine our points. If I do so, can I still transfer my points to my son's or parents' UA account instead of my wife's UA account?

Thanks!
Old Apr 27, 2017, 6:26 pm
mia

Originally Posted by yanggrui
... can I still transfer my points to my son's or parents' UA account instead of my wife's UA account?
Maybe. When you start a transfer you will see this rule:

Points can only be transferred to yourself, or one additional household member who is listed as an authorized user on your card account. Once you transfer points to an authorized user, that person will be the only authorized user on your account eligible to receive point transfers.
You can only transfer to:
  • ONE person
  • Who is a member of your household
  • AND is an Authorized User on your Chase account

Note that the fee to add an Authorized User to a Sapphire Reserve account is $75/year.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Titanium
CSR UR points to UA miles, can DH deposit them in my UA account?

We are trying to transfer UR points to UA account. If Chase would deposit them from Sapphire into my account all would be well. But SR is in DH's name and Chase is saying they can't put them in my account (I'm an authorized user).

The Chase rep at the bank branch said UR points go onto Chase UA card and to UA account from there. That just sounds wrong to me but there was no getting past her on that one.

Anyone have success transferring UR points to spouse's UA account?

If we can't do this, we will need to pay to transfer my UA points to DH's account in order to get the required 70K.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 4:54 pm
mia

If you are an Authorized User on your husband's Sapphire Preferred or Reserve account he can transfer points to your frequent flyer accounts. This can be done online. There is no need to deal with anyone at Chase, and certainly no one at a branch.

If it doesn't work it is a technical problem, but many Chase employees will invent a "rule" to explain it, but the actual rule is unambiguous:

Points can only be transferred to yourself, or one additional household member who is listed as an authorized user on your card account. Once you transfer points to an authorized user, that person will be the only authorized user on your account eligible to receive point transfers.
https://ultimaterewardspoints.chase....g=UR2GlobalNav
Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:32 pm

thank you.

I went to website and the link you gave. could not figure out how to add my information. when i added my UA # the webpage wheel kept spinning...

Called UR again. Rep said transfers were a once a year thing. I went to Rewards Program Agreement. Nothing to the effect of once a year. Rep can see that too. transferred me to supervisor. now she's trying...

Supervisor tried entering my number but couldn't add my name. Because it wasn't a match it wouldn't enter. Now she has "escalated" it to the marketing team. (Which is the same thing we were told on Monday.) Supervisor said her "escalation will happen faster.

Last edited by gardengirl; Sep 28, 2017 at 6:43 pm
Old Sep 28, 2017, 7:00 pm
mia

Originally Posted by gardengirl
t... transfers were a once a year thing.....
This refers to the fact that your husband can change the AU to which he transfers only once per year, but if he has not previously transferred to anyone else it isn't relevant. Is the name on your credit card exactly the same as on your MileagePlus account?
Old Sep 29, 2017, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by mia
This refers to the fact that your husband can change the AU to which he transfers only once per year, but if he has not previously transferred to anyone else it isn't relevant. Is the name on your credit card exactly the same as on your MileagePlus account?
He transferred to his own UA account in May. But to no other AU. Yes, my name is same as on UA account.

I have looked and looked for the "once a year language" and can't find it anywhere. This is what I see on Chase website in the UR section:

Transfer points to frequent travel programs
• You can transfer points in 1,000 point increments, but only to participating frequent travel program accounts belonging to you or one additional household member who is listed on your account as an authorized user. Once you transfer points to an authorized user, that person will be the only authorized user eligible to receive point transfers through this program.
• Go to chase.com/ultimaterewards, call the number on the back of your card or visit a Chase branch to transfer points to these frequent travel program accounts.
• A point transfer fee may be charged for points transferred to participating frequent travel programs. We’ll let you know if there’s a point transfer fee and the fee amount before you transfer points.
• Most point transfer requests process by the next business day,
but it may take up to 7 business days depending on the frequent travel program. All point transfer details provided must match the information on le with the frequent travel program to which the points are being transferred. Any differences between the details provided and those already on le may cause delays or prevent points from transferring. We’ll let you know if your request can’t be completed.
• Anytransferredpointsbecomesubjecttothetermsandcond itions of the frequent travel program. Chase is not responsible for the rules governing or the use of the participating frequent travel program.
• Once points are transferred, they can’t be refunded and the transaction can’t be canceled.
• You agree and understand that when you transfer points that you are authorizing Chase to send your point transfer details to the frequent travel program and our points administrators.
• Participating frequent travel programs are subject to change without notice.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:09 pm

Still having trouble with this. Called Chase UR again today to see where the escalation stands. DH said it's still at escalation desk in marketing.

If someone would give me the step by step instructions to adding an AU I'd like to compare it to what I've been trying. I'd appreciate any help.

We're trying to book our daughter and her little dog home for Christmas. She and hubby are moving back to States. They've been in Italy for 3 years with the Army. She's bringing the dog home so we can take care of him while they finalize the move. He went over on Lufthansa and that worked out very well. I'm trying to book them on a Lufthansa flight for the return.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 6:14 am

Still having trouble with this. Called Chase UR again today to see where the escalation stands. DH said it's still at escalation desk in marketing.

If someone would give me the step by step instructions to adding an AU I'd like to compare it to what I've been trying. I'd appreciate any help.

We're trying to book our daughter and her little dog home for Christmas. She and hubby are moving back to States. They've been in Italy for 3 years with the Army. She's bringing the dog home so we can take care of him while they finalize the move. He went over on Lufthansa and that worked out very well. I'm trying to book them on a Lufthansa flight for the return.
So, you are an AU on your husband's CSR right? He's paying the $75 extra, just confirming.

If so: Your husband should log on to his CSR Ultimate Rewards account. Select Use Points->Transfer to Travel Partners. Scroll down past the saved programs to United Airlines on the list of airlines. Put in the # of miles and click on the down arrow below Transfer To. Select "another user". There he should be able to enter your account info.

That's the process. The name on your CSR AU card needs to match the name on your MileagePlus account exactly.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by pallhedge
So, you are an AU on your husband's CSR right? He's paying the $75 extra, just confirming.

If so: Your husband should log on to his CSR Ultimate Rewards account. Select Use Points->Transfer to Travel Partners. Scroll down past the saved programs to United Airlines on the list of airlines.**** Put in the # of miles and click on the down arrow below Transfer To. Select "another user". There he should be able to enter your account info.

That's the process. The name on your CSR AU card needs to match the name on your MileagePlus account exactly.

Where I put the asterisks is the step that differs from the steps we get to on the website. Instead of getting a prompt for # of miles I get a prompt to select a recipient (the only one possible on the pull down menu is my husband) and to put in member ID and confirm member ID.

CSR has confirmed I'm the AU. I have a card with my name on it. The name matches my UA account.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 7:25 am

Where I put the asterisks is the step that differs from the steps we get to on the website. Instead of getting a prompt for # of miles I get a prompt to select a recipient (the only one possible on the pull down menu is my husband) and to put in member ID and confirm member ID.

CSR has confirmed I'm the AU. I have a card with my name on it. The name matches my UA account.
Interesting. On that recipient pull-down menu, I have 2 choices: my name/UA account# and "select another user". Unfortunately, I don't have an AU on my account so I can't test any further for you.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by pallhedge
Interesting. On that recipient pull-down menu, I have 2 choices: my name/UA account# and "select another user". Unfortunately, I don't have an AU on my account so I can't test any further for you.
Thank you.

I don't get any prompt for "select another user". I'm on phone with CSR UR once again. Trying to get to IT department to see why we don't get that prompt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.