Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

11.15.2015 Ultimate Rewards transfer ONLY to own & AU's airline/hotel accounts

Old Nov 13, 2015, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Effective 11/15/15, the rules are different for CSP vs. UR-earning business cards (like the Ink Plus).

Ink Plus: The new program agreement states that
  • for combining points (i.e., moving between two UR accounts), "[y]ou can move your points, but only to another Chase card with Ultimate Rewards belonging to you or one member of your household or owner of the company, as applicable."
  • for transfers from UR to travel partner programs, "[y]ou can transfer points in 1,000 point increments, but only to participating frequent travel program accounts belonging to you or an owner of the company who is listed as an authorized user on the account."
CSP: You can add one household member as an AU and then xfer UR to their programs.

NOTE: According to the Chase website, for both business cards and CSP "only primary cardmember frequent travel program accounts will be saved and authorized user (i.e. householder [sic] member or business owner) frequent travel program account information must be re-entered each time you want to transfer points."

For discussion of technical problems related to combining UR points with other UR accounts, see Problems Combining UR points between accounts.
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 8, 2022, 5:54 am

Family member transfer

Hi there - from what I understand, chase allows you to unlink a family members account for transfer and add another one but you have to wait 1 year. Anyway to get around that? We are trying to book a family trip and I don't want to create two reservations

Thanks
Old Jul 8, 2022, 9:09 am
RNE

Originally Posted by sam007
Hi there - from what I understand, chase allows you to unlink a family members account for transfer and add another one but you have to wait 1 year.
How did you reach that understanding?
Old Jul 8, 2022, 9:33 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by RNE
How did you reach that understanding?
In June 2016 sam007 asked essentially the same question, and the replies indicated that the transfer eligible AU could be changed once per calendar year. Begin reading at post 73:

Old Jul 8, 2022, 10:00 am
RNE

Originally Posted by mia
In June 2016 sam007 asked essentially the same question, and the replies indicated that the transfer eligible AU could be changed once per calendar year.
Is there a link to a Chase-published policy specifying that waiting period?
Old Aug 15, 2022, 7:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
UR transfer questions

As I understand it my wife can choose me for transferring her reward points to my account. But it has to be done by phone and She can’t keep changing that person without raising suspicion.

However, she can transfer her UR points to my Hyatt account since I’m an authorized user on the account(preferred business Ink), correct?

strangely when she tries this and selects me it says Business Owner below my name. She’s the business owner so no idea why that comes up. And says we have to call as it needs “special handling”. She doesn’t want to call ever time a transfer is done and shouldn’t have too, correct?

Could this be a name issue? We have a hyphenated name and sometimes it’s used and sometimes not. I think Hyatt has the hyphen and when doing the transfer UR has no hyphen.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 7:37 pm
mia

Originally Posted by Jonesdds
....it says Business Owner below my name. She’s the business owner so no idea why that comes up. And says we have to call as it needs “special handling”.
There are TWO requirements to transfer from a business card to an airline or hotel partner. You must be both an Authorized User on her account -and- an owner of the business:
  • for transfers from UR to travel partner programs, "[y]ou can transfer points in 1,000 point increments, but only to participating frequent travel program accounts belonging to you or an owner of the company who is listed as an authorized user on the account."
However, if you scroll back you will see that Chase customer service is likely to tell her that the Transfer is impossible, even though the rules explicitly allow it.

The rules for Combining her points with your UR account are different and discussed in these threads:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...solidated.html

Problems Combining UR points between accounts
Old Aug 16, 2022, 4:23 pm

Looking for help with transferring UR to my wife's Marriott account (I know, I know).

She is an AU on my CSP. When I attempt the transfer, the UR site gets hung up on the "Confirm & Submit" page. Phone reps were unable to make the transfer - they claim that my wife's Marriott account has received too many points this year (there have been no transfers to her account in ages).

Any ideas on how to get these pushed through? Hoping to take advantage of the 1:1.5 bonus ending on Friday...
Old Nov 20, 2022, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Mile_Hiker
Looking for help with transferring UR to my wife's Marriott account (I know, I know).

She is an AU on my CSP. When I attempt the transfer, the UR site gets hung up on the "Confirm & Submit" page. Phone reps were unable to make the transfer - they claim that my wife's Marriott account has received too many points this year (there have been no transfers to her account in ages).

Any ideas on how to get these pushed through? Hoping to take advantage of the 1:1.5 bonus ending on Friday...
Some people having the same issue with Hyatt transfers: Chase Ultimate Rewards Points not Transferring to Spouse's World of Hyatt.

Any one else have transfer problems with AU accounts?

Last edited by philemer; Nov 20, 2022 at 2:41 pm
Old Nov 23, 2022, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by philemer
Some people having the same issue with Hyatt transfers: Chase Ultimate Rewards Points not Transferring to Spouse's World of Hyatt.

I did a small xfer to my DW's Marriott acct and it went through in < 48 hrs.
Old Mar 11, 2023, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by philemer

Bumping this one up. Transfers to United are not working either. Seems to be an issue with the AU, not the transfer program. The agent gets the same message for any transfers - "Transfer cannot be completed until next year". This is the same error mentioned in post 7 from the Hyatt thread.

Chase has opened an escalation ticket to resolve. Will report back when/if a resolution is found.
Old Jun 5, 2023, 9:35 pm

Bumping this again. I am not able to transfer to my AU's United account as well for the "until next year" reason.

Has anyone found a solution?
Old Jun 6, 2023, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by tejas12
Bumping this again. I am not able to transfer to my AU's United account as well for the "until next year" reason.

I gave up on attempting the transfer.

Escalated the problem and asked for a ticket to be created. I received a letter in the mail about 2 weeks later with a phone number to call to assist. I called and we started the whole process over again with the same error…once again they had no solution.
Old Jun 8, 2023, 2:47 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by tejas12

Facing the same issue for a transfer to AU United account. Told to wait. No solution yet, but may perhaps be better to not transfer a big lump sum until seeing an earlier transfer for a small amount credit in a timely enough way.
Old Jun 12, 2023, 8:20 am

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
Transferring UR points as authorize user - when can you do it?

Asking for relative here.

Cousin (Mike) has Aeroplan points. He has Chase points, but don't have Sapphire card. Cousin's wife (Mike's wife) has Chase Sapphire Preferred, but no Aeroplan. Cousin's brother (let just just say Joe) is willing to share his UR points. So, my understanding of his choice are as follows (but could be wrong).

1) Become an authorize user on his wife and Joe (his brother) Chase Sapphire Preferred card. This way, he can transfer his UR points, into his Aeroplan. Then, his wife and Joe (his brother) can transfer their Chase points into his (Mike's) Aeroplan as well. I just feel something isn't 100% correct here. Is this correct?

Mike and his wife live together. Joe (Mike's brother) lives in different household - Joe don't live with Mike.

2) From the time he request to be an authorizer user, how will it take to be able to transfer the points into Aeroplan?

Last edited by opus2002; Jun 12, 2023 at 9:25 am Reason: Clarification
Old Jun 12, 2023, 5:39 pm
mia

This works a little differently that you describe. Mike would Combine his UR points with his wife's points. He could do this now, no additional card required. She could then open an Aeroplan account in her own name and transfer the points. If she wanted to be able to transfer UR points to Mike's Aeroplan account she would add Mike as an AU on her Sapphire Preferred account. However, transfers to AU airline/hotel accounts sometimes fail, and Chase agents are not trained to explain or resolve (scroll back and read recent posts in this thread.)

By rule, Joe cannot Combine his points with Mike or he Wife because he does not reside at the same address. There are anecdotal reports that the address is not always checked.
opus2002 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.