FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   Chase Retention Bonus Offers: June 2015-June 2019 [ALL cards] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1710270-chase-retention-bonus-offers-june-2015-june-2019-all-cards.html)

reqfield Jun 2, 2015 3:03 pm

Chase Retention Bonus Offers: June 2015-June 2019 [ALL cards]

Hello Everyone,

I signed up for a Chase Ink Plus card on May 25, 2014 and got all my points.

The 1 year anniversary has just recently come and gone a few days ago. So far I do not see the annual renewal fee for the Ink Plus card. Is this normal?

I should note that I closed my Chase Checking and Savings accounts within the last year. How would Chase normally charge the annual fee?

I plan to cancel the card either before the annual fee hits or immediately afterwards because I no longer need the card. But I need to get some idea about when the annual fee will hit. I am still trying to figure out how and where to transfer my Ultimate Rewards before I cancel the card.

Thank you for any help! These decisions and questions have been stressing me out for the last few days. Hope you nice people have the answers.

BarronConrad Jun 2, 2015 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by XtraPerks (Post 24904655)
Ink Plus. AF fee just posted. Took the 3rd call and offered a straight $95 credit. First two reps weren't offering anything. So stay persistent...

How much did you spend in the last year?

travelfreaks Jun 2, 2015 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by Rotus12 (Post 24899247)
Just called in regarding my United Explorer card. I am nearing the 1 year mark and was planning to cancel. I did not expect any sort of retention, but they offered me $100 statement credit so obviously I decided to keep the card.

Wife just got the $100 SC offer on her UA as well ~1 month after AF posted. She tried a few weeks ago and was offered nothing, but last year I had to make 4-5 calls on my UA card before success so I was not going to allow her to give up after only 1 call:D

reqfield Jun 3, 2015 9:40 am

bump :confused::confused::confused:

flacoramos Jun 3, 2015 10:33 am

CSP and UE

Got hit with the AF on both UE and CSP. Called to cancel the UE, offered $60, took it. Then called to cancel CSP and was offered 6k points, took it. Had UE since 2011 and CSP since 2012. Was surprised to see an offer on the CSP, was decided to cancel otherwise.

skynerd Jun 3, 2015 10:42 am

Closed British Airways

I was not offered retention bonus today for my British Airways card, on which I have spent perhaps $5 in each of the past three years. The annual fee was on my current bill. I have had the card since May 2011 (just over four years). i mentioned the two rounds of British Airways miles devaluations and that I was going to close the account if I did not get a retention offer to my satisfaction. The agent clearly understood that I was asking for a retention offer and asked me for some identifying information in order to check for retention offers. I closed the card, reversing the annual fee that had posted. I had previously moved as much credit as possible from my BA card to another Chase card in an earlier call, in which I was also told that no retention bonus was available. So, I am convinced that my conversations went correctly and that there really were no retention offers available on my account.

Trinob Jun 3, 2015 10:46 am

Chase ink plus- strange retention conversation

My AF hit on my statement today. I called in and had no retention offers on my account i was told.

I asked how long I had to cancel the card and get the AF refunded. I assumed it was 60 days or so.

The rep then told me even if I cancel or I downgrade i still have to pay the $95 annual fee because it posted.

Anyone ever heard this before? I pushed back a little but figured I would HUACA.

marckip Jun 3, 2015 11:59 am

Ink Bold

10k spend in the last year, fee posted yesterday, offered $95 credit. Easiest call I've have to do so far.

TMM1982 Jun 3, 2015 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by Trinob (Post 24912835)
My AF hit on my statement today. I called in and had no retention offers on my account i was told.

I asked how long I had to cancel the card and get the AF refunded. I assumed it was 60 days or so.

The rep then told me even if I cancel or I downgrade i still have to pay the $95 annual fee because it posted.

Anyone ever heard this before? I pushed back a little but figured I would HUACA.

That rep is flat out wrong. Did you get their name? I would call back and then mention your prior conversation so the rep can get some more training.

Trinob Jun 3, 2015 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by TMM1982 (Post 24913340)
That rep is flat out wrong. Did you get their name? I would call back and then mention your prior conversation so the rep can get some more training.

Thank you, i thought so. He was actually a supervisor he said. He did have a different name so I do actually recall it. I am going to call back again later.

TMM1982 Jun 3, 2015 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by Trinob (Post 24913380)
He was actually a supervisor he said.

Supervisor? He must manage toilet paper inventory.

Brussels Jun 3, 2015 1:32 pm

I've had a couple of different Ink cards and continue to have one open. The annual fees were always charged on the first statement after the annual anniversary of its opening. I find the 5% bonus on cell/phone/Internet charges, not to mention the 2% categories, easily exceed the annual fee.

About transferring your points, what are your interests and needs? I find United points to be the best use of my Ultimate Rewards balance, but some prefer other airlines or even hotels.

winsteven13 Jun 3, 2015 2:14 pm

Give it a cycle. You have up to 60 days after to cancel w/o the fee charged anyways.

drdvls Jun 3, 2015 5:10 pm

Chase British airways card:

called to waive annual fee
none offered

cancelled with no second thought!

travelfreaks Jun 3, 2015 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by reqfield (Post 24908923)
Hello Everyone,

I signed up for a Chase Ink Plus card on May 25, 2014 and got all my points.

The 1 year anniversary has just recently come and gone a few days ago. So far I do not see the annual renewal fee for the Ink Plus card. Is this normal?

I should note that I closed my Chase Checking and Savings accounts within the last year. How would Chase normally charge the annual fee?

I plan to cancel the card either before the annual fee hits or immediately afterwards because I no longer need the card. But I need to get some idea about when the annual fee will hit. I am still trying to figure out how and where to transfer my Ultimate Rewards before I cancel the card.

Thank you for any help! These decisions and questions have been stressing me out for the last few days. Hope you nice people have the answers.

AF should post on 1st of month, so if not on June 1st then it should hit July 1st. Might check out retention thread, as many have had their AF's credited or gotten UR points. I consider this one a keeper personally, but that is a decision for you to make. Most of my UR's end up in UA, but only you can decide what you will get the best value out of. However, this should not really be that stressful of a decision