Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. For ongoing discussion and the current/updated wiki, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward. For the archived predecessor thread, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015
Print Wikipost

Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2016, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by blitzen
Hi,

I stayed away from Chase for a while but not from opening new accounts. So they will check the 5/24 rule for the chase cards ( I assume that is still in play) but the co branded cards seem to be handled differently. Did this turn out to be true?
My 2 years waiting for the BA are up soon so I am considering to apply again ( after closing some other lines with them).
Yes...
Old Jan 14, 2016, 1:32 pm

Have there been any data points on current Ink Bold cardholders applying for and being approved for a new Ink Plus card? I'm curious since the current Bold cards are basically identical to the current Bold cards.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by maggersmagoo
From what I have read in this thread, I gather these points are true:

-I should not call in to voluntarily reduce any of my credit lines. If this is an issue Chase may shuffle the money around on their own
-If I receive a pending status, I should NOT call a CSR. This will lead to an interrogation and a likely denial.
-I am under the 5/24 rule, and at any rate this rule does not apply to business accounts. Or is it that business accounts don't count toward the 5/24 rule?
Any other general tips before I apply?
I had promised to update, so here goes. I applied on 12/23, got the message saying they would notify me in 30 days in writing. Called the automated line a few times since then and got the same message.

Called automated line today, and it says I was approved . It doesn't show up on my Chase login yet, so I don't yet know the credit limit, or if any other credit lines were shuffled around to make room for this one. I'm pleased either way.

Last edited by StartinSanDiego; Jan 15, 2016 at 12:43 am Reason: pared down long self-quotation
Old Jan 14, 2016, 4:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, AA Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Virgin America Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by maggersmagoo
I had promised to update, so here goes. I applied on 12/23, got the message saying they would notify me in 30 days in writing. Called the automated line a few times since then and got the same message.

Called automated line today, and it says I was approved . It doesn't show up on my Chase login yet, so I don't yet know the credit limit, or if any other credit lines were shuffled around to make room for this one. I'm pleased either way.
Congrats on the approval. It's a great card.

It won't show up on your Chase accounts. When you get the card you'll have to create a separate business account login and then if you want it to be on the same login as your personal account, you'll have to call in and have them transfer you to their department that will merge the accounts.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by Irish80
Congrats on the approval. It's a great card.

It won't show up on your Chase accounts. When you get the card you'll have to create a separate business account login and then if you want it to be on the same login as your personal account, you'll have to call in and have them transfer you to their department that will merge the accounts.
Oh, good to know, thanks!
Old Jan 14, 2016, 6:28 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by 77Pat
Applied for the CSP after being sent ~10 prescreened offers in the mail since late November/early December. One had offer good until Feb 16, the next until Feb 22. The CSP also showed up on chases website and Cardmatch.

I applied (having opened 4 new cards in the past 2 years). Received 7-10 days message on Saturday. Called the automated line and was told that I would be notified in writing within 30 days. I thought the non instant approval might be due to needing to shift credit lines around. Not so sure now.
As an update, I logged into my Chase account today and saw the card added. I did not call, figured best to wait it out.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Superorb
Have there been any data points on current Ink Bold cardholders applying for and being approved for a new Ink Plus card? I'm curious since the current Bold cards are basically identical to the current Bold cards.
I would think that actually current Bold cards would be completely identical to current Bold cards! And I can say quite confidently while knowing nothing about them!
Old Jan 15, 2016, 12:46 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I would think that actually current Bold cards would be completely identical to current Bold cards!
Superorb, he's teasing you because the BOLD cards have been discontinued. They were Charge Cards, not credit cards, and, after halting applications ages ago, Chase converted the remaining charge accounts to revolving credit accounts a couple of months ago.
If you currently hold a BOLD, you are still able to apply for a PLUS, since the T & C's of the card you applied for was and still is a BOLD.

Last edited by StartinSanDiego; Jan 15, 2016 at 12:50 am Reason: Add details
Old Jan 15, 2016, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by animesh42001
Is this your first business card?

And only.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I would think that actually current Bold cards would be completely identical to current Bold cards! And I can say quite confidently while knowing nothing about them!
Haha, thanks for the catch.

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
Superorb, he's teasing you because the BOLD cards have been discontinued. They were Charge Cards, not credit cards, and, after halting applications ages ago, Chase converted the remaining charge accounts to revolving credit accounts a couple of months ago.
If you currently hold a BOLD, you are still able to apply for a PLUS, since the T & C's of the card you applied for was and still is a BOLD.
Yes, I meant to say Plus instead of Bold
Old Jan 15, 2016, 11:28 am

Marriot & BA cards

deleted

Last edited by jorgerivero; Feb 21, 2016 at 9:13 pm
Old Jan 15, 2016, 1:06 pm

Apply first for the card you want more. Then go for the other one.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by jorgerivero
Hey guys,

I'm new here and went through the posts but couldn't find any info about my situation.

I applied and was instantly approved for CSP and Freedom 3 weeks ago. I got a special promo for the Marriot card last week offering 80,000 points and then I also saw the BA with thee 100,000 points for spending $20k in 1 year which I can do. So, I want to apply for both those cards. Before the CSP and Freedom I haven't opened any CCs for 3.5 years.

The marriot card offer expires Feb 17 and I don't want to pass on that.

I would also like to apply for a auto refi loan with them.

My FICO is 733 and should get bumped some more points end of this month.

Any ideas what my chances are of getting approved for that card and the BA? Suggestions on which I should apply for first?

Thanks!
You just got 2 Chase cards 3 weeks ago and you want 2 more immediately? I would recommend cooling it for a bit, as this is a good way to get shut down. Think of it from the bank's eyes. You open four credit cards in less than a month. That is super risky for the bank, and it turns you into a massive liability for them. Not something I would ever risk.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 4:07 am

Originally Posted by AmeriKop45
Thinking of applying for Chase Ink.

1) I have had 14 Inq since 10/14 (all leading to new CC accounts).
2) Have 6 Chase Cards currently (CSP, Freedom, Hyatt, BA, 2 personal SW)
3) Never had a business card before. Chase or otherwise
4) Don't have a business

Here is the interesting point - I called in Chase twice and asked them since I will be applying with my SSN which means I am promising owed payments from my personal financial assets, is it ok to add my salary in business income as well. The reps (rather excitedly) replied - Yes!! Ofcourse you can!

My Q is - Should I go ahead with an app? What are my chances of getting approved?
Regardless of your credit score and history, I think your chance of getting approved are low. Chase's reasons would be: Too much credit open with Chase, too many recent inquires, and too many new accounts.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by bksmm
Regardless of your credit score and history, I think your chance of getting approved are low. Chase's reasons would be: Too much credit open with Chase, too many recent inquires, and too many new accounts.
Whatever you decide to do, I'd take a look at the Credit Lines Chase gave you on the new cards. If they are high ie tens of thousands of $ each, consider if you will ever really need to use that much credit in a single billing period. Because if you can't pay off all of your charges before they are due you should not be playing this game. If indeed they gave you more credit than you need, SM them from your cc webpage to lower the CLs to something more reasonable.

Whether you apply for more Chase cards now or later, the lower your TCCL the more likely you are to get an instant approval. And sometimes when you get turned down for "too much credit with us", they won't even let you move some of that CL from an open card to a new card, they just say "No".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.